It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk Las Vegas SWAT Team Kills Man In Raid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If this guy was indeed dealing pot, the ironic thing is this...

His customers, now unable to get stoned, will probably go to the pub and buy booze instead.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
beer + steroids + abusive, power hungry attitudes = dead 21 year old stoner, selling weed on the side so he could smoke for free.

funny, you never hear these stories, when they are taking down the head of the gambino crime family, or a top organized crime kingpin.

these chickensh-ts when arresting these guys, politely knock on their front door and unfortunately mention they have an arrest warrant, ask them when they are ready to go in, to please let them know. they give them permission to go upstairs unattended, take a shower, put on a suit and tie etc.

when the guy is finally ready to go, usually after breakfast, they gently place the cuffs on the front, so not to embarrass him in front of the neighbors.

friggin chickensh-ts is the only way to describe this murdering cop killing a 21 kid in front of his girlfriend.

if they ever legalize weed, they should erect a monument listing all the fallen american men and women who died or were imprisoned during this war on drugs.

it should be right in front of the white house.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darbur

Thats some backwords thinking. Especially in a world where the more dangerous poisons such as alcohol are legal. The only reason weed is illegal is because it would cut into alcohol sales.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
yet we all know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that nothing will come of this story; it will be swept under the rug like all the others and these "men" these "police officers" sworn to "uphold" the law will see no jail time or severe reprecussions for their actions. nothing new, i hope they live with the guilt of having stifled this mans life over something that a god, most of them (probably) claim to serve, created. this is the world we live in?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

when it is proven marijuana is FAR less dangerous or addictive.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
cops out here shoot to kill on a daily basis...hardly a day goes by where the news doesnt have a story about these fascist pigs shooting people in their own homes, or in grocery stores, or just on the street...never any wrongdoing found by the criminal courts however...they say vegas is a testing ground for new policies and ideas for corporations and government since it is so isolated, so expect this to be a continuing trend all over the US, as if it isnt already...if cops died at the rate they murdered innocent civilians, this would be a great place to live in no time...people need to start taking matters into their own hands when courts refuse to hold these fascists accountable...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thought standard rules of engagement are you can only shoot if the suspect threatens himself, others or the officers, if his back was turned to the officers how does that make you think hes threatning himself or the officers, bad trigger discipline i say.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
residents of vegas should write to their government representatives and express their ouitrage. They will be forced in a tight spot if enough citizens become outraged. The problem is that when stuff like this happens we are all appauled and want justice, yet 1o mins later most people forget and end up not doing anything about it! Write a letter or create a petition for justice with signatures of other Las Vegas residents and hand it in to the govenor

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It is a very sad world in which we live, when the men and women that are provided jobs to protect us , value are lives so little.Guilty before innocent seems to be the way of the USA anymore. Whats next killing speeders, red light runners, how about shop lifters. Yes possesion of pot is still a crime, but come on even my senior citizen mom knows booze and smokes are far worse for the users and society then pot. With that said, I live in las vegas, this man should be tried for this crime. Yes i said man and not officer. after this incident he no longer deserves that kind of respect.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

No the topic is not Drunk Las Vegas Swat Team Kills Man in Raid.

The real topic, and title of the post should be, Las Vegas Police Unit Kills Man in Raid. But that does not sound exciting enough. Nor does it attempt to automatically sway the readers view using their initial emotional response.

First, the article clearly states they were not the SWAT Team. They were a narcotics team.

Second, no where in the article does it show why they believe the officers were drinking before or during the raid. No evidence whatsoever. No statements saying they smelled alcohol, no statements saying they watched as the police drank beers. Nothing, and I will explain why.

This is a civil suit. A civil suit only requires the preponderance of evidence by a jury meaning only 51% for the plaintiff, not guilt beyond a reasonable doubt which means 100% of the jury agrees. So when an attorney makes these claims of drinking, "it looks better for television when they do an armed raid," and throw in the "racially" linked phrase like baby daddy, you MIGHT get 51% of a jury to buy that and award money to the family.

Like I said, there is no evidence stated in the article that lends credibility to the officers drinking before the raid.

Have you ever heard of an unarmed raid?

What is so racially linked about the phrase baby daddy?

I am not arguing if the shooting was justified because there is not enough factual information provided by this article. And I am not arguing whether or not drugs should be legal because that is another issue all together. I am arguing the fabrication of elements in this case to create an emotional response and snap judgement on the issue. I am also arguing the fact that, after said emotional response to the incorrect title of this post, most seem to brand all police as murderers or liars or corrupt or whatever else they have been branded.

If we take out all of the distracting elements, this situation boils down to this:

A person was breaking the law. The police found out about said breaking of the law. The police are bound by duty to charge people who perpetrate breaking the law. The police conducted a search warrant to gather evidence and arrest said perpetrator. Something happened during the raid and the perpetrator was shot and killed.

You can debate it all day long but whatever your OPINIONS are, you were not there. That is why an investigation is done by the state's attorney's office and a grand jury is conveined to review the facts and make their judgement.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Really? You are taking a photograph from the courtroom which was taken out of context to judge this man's intelligence.

I am sure if we had a few photographs of anyone, taken out of context, we could make them out to look stupid.

Not a very academic analysis of the situation.

And this very post lends credability to my argument.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
residents of vegas should write to their government representatives and express their ouitrage. They will be forced in a tight spot if enough citizens become outraged. The problem is that when stuff like this happens we are all appauled and want justice, yet 1o mins later most people forget and end up not doing anything about it! Write a letter or create a petition for justice with signatures of other Las Vegas residents and hand it in to the govenor

Most the people in Vegas do not care enough to do this....and that is even going on hope that our representatives are willing to do something about the issue

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

Nope, you are not alone. I think we'll all be seeing more of this as the older cops retire and the new rookies finally get to act out their rage from playing too much Grand Theft Auto.

As I was reading this, I thought you were going to say "act out their rage from the Middle East..." Didn't expect the GTA part. A large number of returning vets are going into law enforcement (and seems to me like quite a few in law enforcement are also going either back into or into the military or going overseas as mercs...erm excuse me...private military contractors...as well). Makes a person wonder about...stuff. You know? Stuff like statistics (complaints, kills, anger issues) for combat vets on police forces. Just saying...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darbur
maybe this guy got what he deserved.im sure he didnt care who he sold weed too and probably would have sold more dangerous drugs to youngters as well..just another dead criminal not really a big deal i hope his family dont profit to much out of this.

you are awful.

a man deserves DEATH for selling some green? what have you done in your life that you deserve to DIE for?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

Originally posted by silent thunder
Am I alone in thinking this is messed up even without the death?

Nope, you are not alone. I think we'll all be seeing more of this as the older cops retire and the new rookies finally get to act out their rage from playing too much Grand Theft Auto.

not to nitpick over what I'm sure was just a joke, but playing GTA doesn't increase the amount of rage a person feels. I've played dozens of hours on each game since 3 and I'm one of the most jovial, happy-go-lucky types I know. no fights, no public outbursts, just a good ole law abider. i act out any of my darker impulses by murdering hookers or slaying dragons in the virtual world.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I had a look at some of the inquest's witness statements, and there appears to be a lot of conflict in those statements, enough to be concerned that an MO of incompentence is prevailing on the part of the police, that is often enough, (if true) to paint a picture of a shooter not in full possession of the facts, (in this case his own facts) with the intention of colouring the deceased as someone more dangerous than he may have actually been, and it included details and charges of someone else with a similar name. To take a sideways look, how many verdicts of criminal deaths can be attributed to the coroners court in that area over a period? I don't know, maybe someone does, I'll have a look if it is possble anyway. Better that, than making rancid remarks about a dead person seconds into this thread without a hint of any knowledge about this particular incident.
edit on 27-4-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
reply to post by darbur

Thats some backwords thinking. Especially in a world where the more dangerous poisons such as alcohol are legal. The only reason weed is illegal is because it would cut into alcohol sales.

The really sad thing about all of the situation you mention is, there is a whole plethora of a compound that I won't name, that mimics thc almost perfectly and is sold legally, but it is the closed minded arrogance as stated by certain people around hither and thither that will make this illegal also (Oh da childennnn), creating more crime victims - and currently this produces tax for the governments, but it does not matter.

The problem is our minds. Unless they control them, we need to be curtained as criminals to allow them to kill us unequivocally with their self made jurisdiction.

It's enough to make me want to go back and learn organic chemistry...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Since when, in the USA, did exercising a "search warrant" mutate into a full blown terrorizing assault with option for summary execution?

What is so patently obvious is that this stuff happens because IT IS ALLOWED TO HAPPEN by the powers that be.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join