It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar energy that floats on water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I,found this By Abigail Klein Leichman
January 31, 2011,thought this was interesting,wonder if we have tried it here yet?
,I,wonder if it could help us,we need to save money and get rid of oil.

No land needed Sidestepping the need for large solar fields, Solaris is designed to sit on water. Constructed of lightweight plastic and fiberglass, a grid of connected modules can float on any fresh-, salt- or wastewater surface. Aside from sparing valuable real estate, this solar-on-water platform doubles as a breathable reservoir cover that significantly reduces evaporation and eliminates organic and algae growth. To keep rays focused on the line of silicon material, the grid turns slowly as it follows the movement of the sun throughout the day. One small engine can power this rotation since the water eliminates friction. A sophisticated sun-tracking algorithm guides a remote controller, which also moderates the direction of the movement and the speed of the engine. An antenna sends all data from the controller over a cellular line to a central server and alerts the technical crew to potential problems.SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT USA...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I guess its like throwing one starfish from the beach, back into the ocean...

new topics

join