It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA employees banned from watching the launch because of Obama's presence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What are you guys going on about Obama cutting off NASA? Not only is he NOT cutting NASA but he is adding $6 BILLION to the budget. I don't know where you guys get your info from.

(Obama) So NASA, from the start, several months ago when I issued my budget, was one of the areas where we didn’t just maintain a freeze but we actually increased funding by $6 billion. By doing that we will ramp up robotic exploration of the solar system, including a probe of the Sun’s atmosphere; new scouting missions to Mars and other destinations; and an advanced telescope to follow Hubble, allowing us to peer deeper into the universe than ever before.

Full transcript on NASA's own website:
Obamas plan for NASA.

edit on 26-4-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, yeah, we all know about all that superficial budgetary nonsense (haha, it's legit, I know).

You're forgetting about POWER my friend. Power works beyond money... and hey, they can always use that sweet black budget fund that they've been saving up in that faberge piggy bank they have on the top shelf.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

the same nasa obama told that one of its missions was for muslim outreach.

i am still sitting here trying to figure that one out

www.reuters.com...

patriotpost.us...

articles.cnn.com...:TECH

edit on 26-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

i am not so sure a black budget exists anymore considering we have a 14 trillion dollar deficit.

i think the days of old ended a long time ago and this is as good as it gets now

the us will become hitch hikers of the solar system now.

and you know what i hope i really am wrong

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33
Hmmm... seem their logic is to stop someone from shooting Obama. Too bad stuff like this makes people snap... understandably

yea to bad about the other

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Am I the only one posting on topic? Anyway here's an example. Obama visits Grand Central Bakery

I was trying to wrestle my groceries into a cab home when my cell phone rang. It was Bridget, one of my baristas, and she was freaking out. She finally told me that the President wanted to come to our bakery. "What..." I said, "of the United States?" And thus began our whirl-wind visit from Barack Obama. Half an hour later, I was standing upstairs in our office space with 15 men and women, all from various offices in the White House. They were all so nice as they explained how the next four days were going to go. The toughest part, they told me, was that I had to keep this an absolute secret. The only people I could tell were Gillian and Gabby. That was especially difficult because I spent most of Sunday asking my employees for their personal information to send off to the Secret Service for security screening (100% passed!).

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
and i am highly suspect of the man obama who essentially killed the space program in america

going to see the fruits of his labor the last shuttle ever to be launched from america

god save the king obama

may the sun never fade from his most glorious visage

all hail the king.

Was that sarcasm? That sounded like sarcasm.

How DARE you insult the obamanation that causes desolation.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

the same nasa obama told that one of its missions was for muslim outreach.

i am still sitting here trying to figure that one out

Okay, so that isn't the National Aeronautics and Space Administration then.

Who cares about the moon. Been there done that.
edit on 26-4-2011 by jaydeePNW because: Added some more

edit on 26-4-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well... this is in plain sight you see. I didn't have to dig very hard. This isn't even black budget stuff, and you bet your bottom dollar they're still getting money seedily.

'25% unaccounted for'

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Lets hope for a weather delay so Obuma will get bored and leave.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

i care about the moon he3 helium 3 the required material needed for clean fusion reactors and that goes for $5 million a gram.

pretty damn good reason to go back to the moon if you ask me

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

i care about the moon he3 helium 3 the required material needed for clean fusion reactors and that goes for $5 million a gram.

pretty damn good reason to go back to the moon if you ask me

And here I was all about to belive the moon was really hollow and an ancient spaceship. My bad.
I heard the Chinese are planning on a moon visit so I guess they get the clean energy first. Something else we will have to buy from them.

I also cannot find any other sources for this. I have a feeling, even if this was policy, NASA would let non-key employees go join the public that watch the launch from a distance.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

and i am highly suspect of the man obama who essentially killed the space program in america

going to see the fruits of his labor the last shuttle ever to be launched from america

god save the king obama

may the sun never fade from his most glorious visage

all hail the king.

Don't you always talk about that we have to stop spending???

You should be applauding Obama for cutting spending in a program that is not needed.

Any spending cuts, if not FIRST from the War Machine, are meaningless. And how do YOU know the space program is not needed?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So what is the 6 billion dollar buget increase for if programs like Constellation, Aries 1 and Aries V rockets, and the Orion spacecraft have been canceled? No more manned missions to space unless we hitch a ride with the Russian.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
While I agree its sad this will be the last launch for awhile some of you need to look at the bigger picture and stop acting like children. The economy is crippled and space travel isn't a necessity. Simple as that. Are the current military engagements a necessity? Most will argue no, but they're still higher on the priority list than going into space to do experiments and get pretty pictures.

Imagine being behind on your bills and on the verge of bankruptcy and your kids whining and calling you "the worst parents ever" because you can't afford to take them scuba diving every two months in the caribbean like you once could. Its fine to be sad but stop acting like short-sighted little kids.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is not the last shuttle launch.

This is the last time that Endeavour will be going up, but the last shuttle launch is going to be on or around June 28th when Atlantis goes up the final time.

Then comes 3 years of paying the Russians to send our astronauts up until SpaceX gets its manned Dragon Pod finished and ready to go.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The source for this "story" has yanked the blog entry that made this claim.

I think it can safely be HOAXED now???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join