It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Assaults Cameraman For Filming Him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Cop Assaults Cameraman For Filming Him

www.shroomery.org

Las Vegas, Nevada -- The Clark County District Attorney's Office has dropped all charges against Mitchell Crooks, the professional videographer who was attacked on his own front lawn by Officer Derek Colling on March 20, 2011.

also

Colling also shot and killed a man at a gas station, another controversial incident involving deadly force. In addition, Collings has been the recipient of dozens of other brutality complaints. How many more people will this animal be allowed to kill and permanently injure before he gets fired?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I love how there was a post here glorifying all the great videos of police helping ducks cross the road, or getting cats out of trees, you know, not doing their job.

I just find it odd that this shows up in the news!

Now, if I am standing on my front lawn; on a nice night, and I see 3 cop cars pull up across the street... I would be curious.

This cop has no right to just simply walk up without proper questioning; and assault a human being.

You cops want us to respect you? How can we when this is becoming your expected behavior.... for good reason!

www.shroomery.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

PS. I realize this is not really a news source; I just wanted to spread the video.
edit on 26-4-2011 by GrimTroll because: Explain myself

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimTroll

Don't worry about the Amish man and his
. Thanks for making more people aware of this. People like this are the reason police get bad rep. This police officer is nothing more than a bully and I can't believe he isn't gone yet.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm not Amish and the thumbs down was a joke. I was just saying it's old news.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I findit so bad, that there are 2 other cops, allowing this to happen...

For shame...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Originally posted here
Beat ya to it.

edit on 26-4-2011 by survivalstation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have to agree with arcade, this is old news. Their is bad and corrupt people in every organization. My good friend in high school Wesley Beaver was murdered by police officer Donnie Spillers in Lee County, GA. Donnie thought he was messing around with his wife or ex can't remember. This doesn't mean all police officers are bad. Not even majority....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

I am not using this thread as a vehicle to press the "# Da Police!" Agenda.
I am just bringing another case to the surface.

I am just saying, right now, I do not give a about how many good cops there are, I want the bad ones to be highlighted, and removed.

There are good strawberries in a box, and there are rotten strawberries, naturally, you remove the rotten ones.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
Originally posted here
Beat ya to it.

edit on 26-4-2011 by survivalstation because: (no reason given)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Mark for deletion!?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimTroll

But that's the problem. You don't care how many good ones their are. You like to judge people on the few negatives out of the bunch.

ATS has a wonderful new search feature as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425

Thank you for agreeing with me and not being a little boy saying I was "ignorant" Fact is it's old news simple as that. Do your #ing research next time GrimTroll.

I did.
I clearly stated.

ATS search function fails.
Also you did in your attempt to alert me as this being old.

Ignorant? In the Service?
I do not need to answer that.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
I have to agree with arcade, this is old news. Their is bad and corrupt people in every organization. My good friend in high school Wesley Beaver was murdered by police officer Donnie Spillers in Lee County, GA. Donnie thought he was messing around with his wife or ex can't remember. This doesn't mean all police officers are bad. Not even majority....

I absolutely agree with you, however, their position in life is to "protect" us. Not hurt, kill, abuse their power, etc. I don't believe the majority is like this at all, but, they should really make an example of this one loser so the others aren't portrayed in this light. They are in a position of power in society that, unfortunately, a few idiots abuse and it does cause all police to be cast in their shadow. I wish this wasn't true but it is.

Edit: I tried that ATS search function and they only one that came up under the obvious search words " Mitchell Crooks" was this one...did you test it before you decided to get cocky?!?

edit on 26-4-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Sometimes the job requires them to hurt or kill to save their life or someone elses. In this instance, the officer should definitely be punished. When you say you focus on the negative because it needs to be removed, that is fine. I agree officers who abuse powers should be removed most of the time. When you say you don't care about the good, then that sums up your intention, and that is not right.

I said the abuse in power by officers should have them removed MOST OF THE TIME. This is because petty things like cops letting each other go after traffic stops when they find out the other is a cop. This can be considered abuse but it comes with the job. No different then working in restaurants. When I worked in a restaurant I got free food from the cooks. It was an abuse of my position but it came with the job. Neither of these harm anyone so why make it a big deal for one party? Abusing your power to hurt someone or to gain monetary or illegal substances....you should be stripped of your badge.

ETA: yes I did look.
edit on 26-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I agree, and appologies about the "no interest in the good"

I believe I stated "At this point in time, I am not interested in the good"
I did not create this thread to try to convince people, or myself, that all cops are good, or that there are some good ones, THERE SHOULD BE, AND I KNOW there are good ones.

That is the purpose of posting these videos.
I have better things to do with my time, then hate on cops all day, or convince others to do the same.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Sometimes the job requires them to hurt or kill to save their life or someone elses. In this instance, the officer should definitely be punished. When you say you focus on the negative because it needs to be removed, that is fine. I agree officers who abuse powers should be removed most of the time. When you say you don't care about the good, then that sums up your intention, and that is not right.

I said the abuse in power by officers should have them removed MOST OF THE TIME. This is because petty things like cops letting each other go after traffic stops when they find out the other is a cop. This can be considered abuse but it comes with the job. No different then working in restaurants. When I worked in a restaurant I got free food from the cooks. It was an abuse of my position but it came with the job. Neither of these harm anyone so why make it a big deal for one party? Abusing your power to hurt someone or to gain monetary or illegal substances....you should be stripped of your badge.

ETA: yes I did look.
edit on 26-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

???
??? Did I miss something? When did I say I didn't care about the good?
I was never discussing petty items. In Canada, the police get free coffee at Tim Horton's. I don't. I think they should have some perks. They are willing to put their life on the line for me. Other than your confusion at replying to something I didn't say, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That was my fault. I didn't mean you and your as in you in general, but anyone with that mind set.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join