It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul To CNN's Eliot Spitzer - "You Speak For The Status Quo"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on this?
Of course Spitzer mentioned social security to sway liberals to not vote for him, this is obvious, to me at least.

But this was intentionally a very short interview, on purpose
The time given to Ron Paul to answer his questions were pathetic!

In any case what are your thoughts on this?
This aired about an hour ago

edit on 26-4-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Haven't finished yet, but Spitzer's just annoying. It's like he's speeding through trying to score points by not allowing Ron to explain anything.

Ron still did a good job clarifying his points though. I like how he was able to clarify letting people out of social security and taking care of the rest in the program by cutting spending - for some reason, a lot of people can't make that connection.

Everything Ron Paul talks about, in my opinion, is really easy to accomplish if you just offer up some sacred cows for the slaughter. They've just been making us sick anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I thought it wasn't so bad. After seeing peoples reactions on the Ron Paul boards I was scared to watch. Ron Paul's ideas can't be explained in 7 second bytes, but I guess thats how TV works.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Ron Paul's ideas can't be explained in 7 second bytes, but I guess thats how TV works.

I don't think any intelligent perspective can be explained in 7 second sound bytes

Then again no other candidates gets grilled, so what can I say?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Spitzer has more in common with Jon Boehner, Clinton and Beck than any of them do with Ron Paul.

That's why they all don't like him. He threatens the system they all control.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hahaha that sucks!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I can't believe CNN gave a job to this adulter! But hey, this is the world we live in. Spitzer basically interupted every answer Paul gave.
edit on 26-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul is my new hero.

I worry that the deck is stacked against him, too much, if you will. After interviews like this it is pretty apparant the MSM think he's a tool. I remember seeing an interview where he was talking about auditing the Fed Reserve, it was obvious by the reporters remarks afterwars they felt he was a joke. His ridicule is truly sad and I hope for the sake of the US more people will open their minds to his ideals, see what he stands for and that the MSM will be "forced" to give him an unbiased chance. Hopefully his forthcoming campaign works out better for the US than his previous attempts. We need him more than most people understand.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Of course E. Spitzer speaks for the status quo - he is on CNN!

R. Paul should be prepared for this type of conduct, by now.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Spitzer"I do not represent the status quo and the people out there know that. Now Meet the muslim extremist determined to disrupt the royal wedding"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
I can't believe CNN gave a job to this adulter! But hey, this is the world we live in. Spitzer basically interupted every answer Paul gave.
edit on 26-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

They dump Rick Sanchez (remember him), and hire this guy? What a d'oh! moment. And I guess Parker, formerly of "Parker Spitzer", couldn't stand him (Spitzer) either. Why did she leave anyway? While I can't stand Fox "News", I have become increasingly disillusioned by CNN, from their "CIA" Senior International Correspondent antics during Egypt/Libya et al, to Anderson Cooper saying Jesse Ventura's show is "a joke".

Anyway... if I wee a voting man, I'd vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think while Spitzer did a lot of interrupting Paul didn't have a problem putting his views out there. I may have seen better debates on ATS but I've certainly seen a lot worse too. Spitzer clearly had a certain admiration for Paul despite coming from New York... I mean what can you expect from someone from NY? I think they had a cordial debate and both sides made their points pretty well. (though Paul had the more correct views of course!)

new topics

top topics

join