It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian Newspaper Editor Defends Publishing WikiLeaks’ Secret Guantánamo Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
www.democracynow.org...

"More than 750 "secret" Guantánamo prisoner "assessment" files released by the whistleblowing website WikiLeaks cover almost every prisoner since the U.S. military base was opened in Cuba in 2002 and reveal the United States believed many of those held at Guantánamo were innocent or low-level operatives. Today The Guardian published a new series of reports based on the files that show how a single star informer at Bagram base won his freedom by incriminating at least 123 other prisoners. We’re joined from London by The Guardian investigations executive editor, David Leigh. [includes rush transcript]"

Funny stuff guess they might care a bit more if the USA hadnt back stabbed them by giving the russians all the locations and serial numbers of their nuclear arsenal against their expressed wishes. Just to get that START treaty pathetic selling out your allies like that.
Wonder why Noboma didn't make the cut for the Royal wedding lol
So any interest here on this I put up a way more in dept break down on them earlier but no responses.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This should really come as no surprise. Guantánamo had absolutely nothing to do with justice or answers, but was all about fear and hate. In throwing out the Geneva convention America failed to learn and now must relive a painful history. It is sad to see what has become, the ignorance, the secrets and the decline. In trying to understand how and why corruption and incompetence are generally the first answers given, but is seeing the depth and severity of it all there must be more to it. Are we actually facing a covert alien invasion? One that is corrupting our hearts and taking our minds? I just do not understand how a nation can attack itself like it has and those involved still have the support they have.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
This should really come as no surprise. Guantánamo had absolutely nothing to do with justice or answers, but was all about fear and hate. In throwing out the Geneva convention America failed to learn and now must relive a painful history. It is sad to see what has become, the ignorance, the secrets and the decline. In trying to understand how and why corruption and incompetence are generally the first answers given, but is seeing the depth and severity of it all there must be more to it. Are we actually facing a covert alien invasion? One that is corrupting our hearts and taking our minds? I just do not understand how a nation can attack itself like it has and those involved still have the support they have.

After seeing the dept and age of the con we are living Ive come to the conclusion the devils a very real evil be it a spiritual force or an alien presence. Read the protocols of the elders of zion and tell me a human hand shaped that...
IMO they are small in numbers and cannot take us over by force just like in Enochs story a few hundred cast off from the main group and most of their power (i think tho its not stated as such in the book of enoch) who have ruled us form behind the scenes for over 3 thousand years...
that my two bits for what its worth.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have been looking into the Dulce Wars and there maybe a lot more to the reality of it www.1minpages.com... . It is hard to say how much is fact or fiction but there are strong indications that something is going on with it all. Why all the suppression about UFO's and ET's if there was no harm in it? Why are the secret services the biggest criminals and terrorists of all?

I have read a bit about the protocols of the elders of zion and it came across as more sad religious dogma. This world is one crazy messed up place. A lot of stories around do get quite strange and weird. It does appear like there is a force gradually taking this planet over, wither it is fear, ignorance, greed or some alien hierarchy deep in the background I have a lot of concern about where we are headed. Trust, respect and integrity is looking to be in short supply these days and without them the glue for a civil society just falls apart.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
It does appear like there is a force gradually taking this planet over, wither it is fear, ignorance, greed or some alien hierarchy deep in the background I have a lot of concern about where we are headed. Trust, respect and integrity is looking to be in short supply these days and without them the glue for a civil society just falls apart.

And your belief in that is the key to their power. I know they can be beat that we can take back our world without any need for a WAR. In fact war is the thing they do best that and the reshaping of whats left afterwards...
I'm not saying that Im anything special either.. obviously Im a bit of a nutter but I do believe that their are many people reading this here who can help. That together we can see clearly the evils in our wolrd that we can face them simply by crafting governments that are open transparent honest... by the people for the people why do you think your founding fathers we're treated like dogs for what they did by writing the first constitution? Why do you think they have undermined it so much. And do you think the founding fathers never meant for you to write your own?

anyways has always ty for the reply work to do Ill be back tonight hopefully.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

The first step in fixing any problem is to identify it. There are heaps of problems with government a part of it. Lately I have been looking for the core of it as I am just lost, drifting with the flow. Trying to get some situational awareness of just what is happening and how to make it better. There is also the banks, media, military and industry all in collaboration and competition involving billions of people all around the world. I cannot change it all as it is up to the world to decide where the world goes. All I really have power and control over is myself. I can talk about some of these problems with others, but for meaningful change it takes many people.

I am still trying to understand the rules of the game and where to draw the line, I am disappointed as so many people fail to realise what is going on or are so easily able to dismiss it. As I search for it myself it is like trying to catch a cloud, no real point to it all, it just is. At the moment I am more concerned with my personal salvation as it is something I do have control over. Indications are that there is something after death, not sure what. There are zillion of planets in the universe, this is just one.

new topics

top topics

join