It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

science supports the possiblilty of ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
this is something interesting i read a year back(if someone else has pointed this out sorry) in the book called animal ghosts it briefly went into life after death related phsyics. this could confirm life after death. to put it simple the law of conservation of energy states that energy can only transfer form once source to another, when a living creature dies most of their energy is transfer to decomposing organisms, but it is possible that some energy can remain and could take on a form, this has not been proved its still in a theory stage but its still interesting to think that science could suppot something like ghosts
some phsicists do agree, ill try to find more articles
www.victorzammit.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Very interesting find. They say you lose 3/4 of an ounce of weight when you die. Meaning from the "spirit" weight.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

could be, not sure how much a spirit weighs

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
21 Grams is more precise

The determination of the soul weighing 21 grams was based on the average loss of mass in the six patients within minutes or hours after death

Source

edit on 4/26/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

that is pretty cool that could be it

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

He wrote, “Science has found that nothing can disappear without a trace. Nature does not know extinction. All it knows is transformation. … Think about that for a moment. Once you do, your thoughts about life will never be the same

I think I gotta repeat that... "Science has found that nothing can disappear without a trace." I like that. A lot.

Originally posted by Arcade425
They say you lose 3/4 of an ounce of weight when you die. Meaning from the "spirit" weight.

... mine weighs waaay more than that!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
this is something interesting i read a year back(if someone else has pointed this out sorry) in the book called animal ghosts it briefly went into life after death related phsyics. this could confirm life after death. to put it simple the law of conservation of energy states that energy can only transfer form once source to another, when a living creature dies most of their energy is transfer to decomposing organisms, but it is possible that some energy can remain and could take on a form, this has not been proved its still in a theory stage but its still interesting to think that science could suppot something like ghosts
some phsicists do agree, ill try to find more articles
www.victorzammit.com...

there is one thing that I know for sure almost everything if not every single thing in this universe seems to work on some sort of cycle or another and just how physicists confirm no matter or energy is ever fully destroyed or lost something along those lines and when you look around weather cycles solar cycles galactic cycles and universal cycles you will also see that there are many cycles in nature and life so to say that we are born and then we die doesn't make sense to everything that we know because aside from highly intelligent explanations just by taking a good look around you'll see cycles in everything there is a reason why the chosen shape of the universe is a circle or a ball if you will planet's, stars, the shape of most galaxies, Black holes, a circle has no end point which makes it infinite the ball just keeps rolling so it is my firm belief that as soon as the lights go out in our head at that very moment of death the ball will keep on rolling otherwise life makes no sense we build up all these experiences and memories for what?? and if you want to look at it in an easier way and boil it down to two possible outcomes life is either meaningful or meaningless and to me meaningless because of all the beauty I've seen in the world just does not make sense therefore life is meaningful and everybody has some sort of purpose beyond just beginning and ending birth and death..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Odin2305

it is interesting to think about, if there is just some never ebdig cycle, i find it fascinating

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Perhaps, but it doesn't explain why not all become ghosts.

I assume by "ghost" you mean something that haunts, is visible or even interacts with living people?

Not all spirits become ghosts (I assume you use the terms interchangeably).

To me, strictly speaking, a ghost simply repeats a pattern, and does not interact with people.
It is like a strong energy that made an imprint at the time of death that keeps re-playing.

A spirit can appear ghost-like, but it generally doesn't stick around.

However the best way to see a spirit is to look in the mirror, or at other living things!

You are a spirit in an ever-changing body that started as a small baby, and it dies when the spirit leaves, although the chemicals are still there.
But without spirit it is no longer alive.

So not only "ghosts", but also reincarnation are ways of energy transference.

edit on 26-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

this would more explain the kind of ghost that is a repetitive pattern at least more likly

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Not sure, but I think they mean spirit, and conscious survival after death.

The ghost is more...like when a powerful thing happens in nature, and lighting strikes the earth, and it makes a crack that keeps going into fissures for years until it stops.
It is just an imprint or fissure that fades.
It has no consciousness.
From the time of ancient Greeks they would not sleep on old battlefields, because sometimes they could hear past battles, or even see phantom battles, and smell them.
Or in buildings with long bloody histories you could experience the same.
It leaves an energy.
Fear and terror leaves an imprint.
So ghosts follow old routes through buildings, and go through walls, because when the death happened there were no walls. They are oblivious to new surroundings.

However, I suppose ghosts could also often refer to spirits that have not crossed to some higher state.
These do react to people and are conscious.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

The conservation of energy does little to prove that ghosts exist. A ghost would be an energy form in a particular pattern....and patterns tend to dissipate given time due to entropy. Unless new energy is put into the system to keep the pattern going, or more likely create a new pattern. Of course that is how life exists in the first place....we eat and breath in order to keep our pattern (the pattern of our physical body, matter being interchangeable with energy anyhow). If a ghost consists of energy as we know it, then it would have to continuously 'eat' more energy to keep its form.....then again, energy can't 'eat' energy, it would somehow have to interact with it. If a ghost were nothing but energy it would have no form....energy needs to interact with the physical world in order to produce a complex form......so yeah, it all kinda falls apart when looked at scientifically. Of course this doesn't prove that ghosts don't exist....but they would have to be part of a more fundamental level of reality that we can not experience directly.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

this is more of a beging stage towords something that could support it

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm all all for science beginning to accept the idea of a soul, but I think people should be cautious about regurgitating the 'spirit weight' experiment. Perhaps the soul really does weigh 21 grams, but this experiment was done in 1907 and has never been repeated, so I wouldn't rely on that particular experiment too heavily.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It all comes down to what scientifically defines death and dying.

If you look at anyone who is "living" they have a measurable amount of electrical energy.
If any of you have access to an oscilloscope, simply set it to the 5V DC scale and touch a probe to your finger tip and you will see not only your unique energy, but also it's amplitude.

This is the energy which powers our brain and our bodies and measurable in the form of brainwaves that ceases to exist after we are pronounced dead.

In reviewing the numerous cases in which a person has been resuscitated AFTER being pronounced dead it does indicate that it is possible for our consciousness to exist even after the body itself has died.

And to remain in existence external to the body, after the body in unable to support life and is clinically dead.

This is the fundamental theory of how ghosts scientifically exist.

If one studies electricity and electronics. It makes it much more plausible to conceptualize.

But in laymans terms.

In looking at the luminescence often times associated with ghosts.
Luminescence is another form of electrical energy. Visible electrical energy.

What is a ghost but our energy that has left our body and now exists in the atmosphere as electrical energy similar to those of radio waves...another part of the electromagnetic frequency spectrum.

Also as to why ghosts can be discovered by electro magnetic field detectors as well as recording voice messages on digital recorders proven to exist known as EVPs.

This is all due to the fact that they are simply disembodied spirits composed of electrical energy.

As far as why not all souls end up as ghosts...

Ghosts are not ready to be reborn and have a reason for hanging around....which is why they haunt.
The fact that many if not all ghosts have suffered a violent or unexpected death might have much to do with this.

top topics

join