It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIGHT FANTASTIC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
One of my best documentary To share...Very interesting for few!

Light Fantastic explores the phenomenon that surrounds and affects nearly every aspect of our lives but one which we take for granted - light.

1. Let There be Light Monday 7 August 2006 1.50am-2.50am (Sunday night) Greek and Arab scholars, and later Europeans such as Descartes and Newton all tried to understand light to gain a better understanding of God. Episode one shows how much of modern science's origins came from the desire to penetrate the divine nature of light.

2. The Light of Reason Tuesday 8 August 2am-3am (Monday night) The second programme explores the link between the development of practical tools that manipulate light and the emergence of new ideas. For example, Galileo's observation that the sun did not go around the earth, was made with a telescope that had been invented for Venetian soldiers and traders.

3. The Stuff of Light Wednesday 9 August 2am-3am (Tuesday night) Episode three charts the discovery of the true nature of light and its impact on the modern world. All of today's technologies - electricity, mobile communications and our ability to illuminate the world 24 hours a day - stem from unravelling the mystery of light.

4. Light, The Universe and Everything Thursday 10 August 2am-3am (Wednesday night) In the final programme Simon Schaffer finds that as more people were able to manipulate light, the more puzzling and tricky it became. This led to investigations into the strange relationship between light, the eye and the mind, and the development of new technology such as photography and cinema.

BBC DOCUMENTARY

See the whole episode
Youtube
edit on 26-4-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hey Dude,

I assumed this had something to do with the Terry Pratchet books LOL

can u give us a brief outline on what the docos about?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
can u give us a brief outline on what the docos about?

Youtube is a useful thing, but I really hate it when somebody links to a video and says nothing more than "go watch it! it's great!" without any info on what it might be about or why I should be interesting in spending the time.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I just watched the first 6 minute vid. Will, for sure watch the rest. Great stuff! S&F.

I would like to point out that the Op has expressed that this is a favorite of his, it's a scientific look at the nature of light and then goes on the list what every episode is about, then provides the embedded video! He didn't just post and run.

I don't what these trolls are complaining about. Maybe they don't like "enlightenment."

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Why thank ya much, I was not aware.
Will watch tonight.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

wasnt trolling, when I first found the thread it didnt have descriptions.
My "trolling" most likely prompted him to include it.

To the OP cheers dude good find, Ill watch it when Im at home later. Sounds interesting.

Will post again after Ive had a chance to watch

edit on 26-4-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Oh....ok.
My bad, sorry.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thou doth have my forgiveness and blessings

new topics

top topics

join