It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else feel like things don't matter anymore?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
something big is coming, VERY soon.

it's just a royal wedding, no need for panic ffs.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Well I am happy to see others feel this way. I nearly walked out of my job today funny enough. I have had this feeling for a while. The world is going to pot, and what's the point. I too feel that something big is on the horizon. I know it's 2012 next year, and there are many theories doing the rounds, but what if.

At work the focus is on production, and money. I hate it. I have just started looking deeper into the world, universe, everything. And it has opened my eyes and changed my views. The entire planet is on danger, we are just waiting.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'm not talking about total apathy, but apathy in certain things. For example, feeling like your job, school, etc. doesn't matter.

When i'm in school, i can't shake the feeling that it doesn't really matter what grades i get. I've never had this before last month or so and part of me knows that grades are important but another part shrugs it off. What DOES feel important is keeping the peace, in other words not having any outstanding issues with other people (making up as soon as possible), and the personal relationships between people. Actually, this is the focal point of my life right now, the bonds i forge with others.

It also feels like something big is coming, VERY soon. Like it could potentially happen in a few days, whatever it is. I've been feeling this sense of foreboding since the middle of last year, continuously building...

Anybody else?
edit on 26-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Yeah I know where you are coming from, colleges, well some, do look at what you get for grades, but for me, grades don't mean a whole lot, it is what you have learned that matters!

Not sure what the sense of foreboding means, i don't feel like anything is coming, or going to help us, maybe I am not as sensitive? I also think that forming relationships with other people is very important. Just be happy, and prepare if you feel the need to.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I go through waves of feeling like this, except it isn't dread at all. It's quite the opposite. Intense joy. The only downside to it all is it works strongly on both ends of the spectrum. When I'm in a negative state, damn is it hard to get out of, and it can get bad if I don't quiet my mind and look at the situation from a different perspective. On the other hand, the positive times are so unbelievable, it's almost hard to even remember what that state feels like. It's like an overload of joy, and it can be for no reason at all!

I think whatever changes seem to be going on, they are going on within you, first and foremost. The outside world is a result of these changes. Know this and you will find yourself stepping into a waking dream.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It also feels like something big is coming, VERY soon. Like it could potentially happen in a few days, whatever it is. I've been feeling this sense of foreboding since the middle of last year, continuously building...

Anybody else?

You bet. Happens to me all the time now. Its not that I don't care about anything, I do. Its just that I get that feeling constantly. Like when someone is talking of their future plans, I get a feeling that whatever they are planning on won't get a chance to happen. It is reaching a feverish pitch really. Almost anything even remotely related to the future brings up feelings that none of these things will happen or will matter. I too feel something big is going to happen. I think that our way of life may not continue this way much longer.

I'll share a brief dream I had about a year or so ago. I kept having dreams of being back at college and not being able to graduate with a four year degree because I was failing a class or two (I'm in my late 30s now). These were recurring dreams. Then one night I dreamed that I was at college again but in an empty class room. Across from me sat a man holding a rolled up piece of paper. I was upset and told him that I didn't have a degree and pointed at the paper in his hand. He calmly said "with what is going to happen its not going to matter". With these words came the impression that he meant it would not matter if I or anyone had a degree.

I find it really interesting that so many feel this way. I don't dismiss these feelings. I used to have a bad feeling every time I left my parents house, after visiting on the weekend, that something terrible was going to happen to my family. It was so strong I would even discuss the feelings with my girlfriend while we were driving home from my parents. She told me she felt it too. This continued for many months, sometimes the feeling was stronger than other times. Then one day I get a call from my brother telling me my parents were hit by a pickup truck head on while driving out in the country. Long story short, after many surgeries and a great deal of time recovering (over a year) my parents survived and regained some normalcy in their lives. I had completely forgotten about those feelings for a couple of years until one day I remembered the way we used to feel leaving my parents and how my girlfriend and I used to discuss these feelings before the accident. So I take these feelings seriously.
edit on 28-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

And to all of those feeling this way.

To believe when all means fail is exceedingly pleasing to God and is most acceptable. Jesus said to Thomas, “You have believed because you have seen, but blessed are those that do believe and have not seen” (John 20:29). Blessed are those who believe when there is no evidence of an answer to prayer—who trust beyond hope when all means have failed. Someone has come to the place of hopelessness—the end of hope—the end of all means. A loved one is facing death and doctors give no hope. Death seems inevitable. Hope is gone. The miracle prayed for is not happening. That is when Satan’s hordes come to attack your mind with fear, anger, overwhelming questions: “Where is your God now? You prayed until you had no tears left. You fasted. You stood on promises. You trusted.” Blasphemous thoughts will be injected into your mind: “Prayer failed. Faith failed. Don’t quit on God—just do not trust him anymore. It doesn’t pay!” Even questioning God’s existence will be injected into your mind. These have been the devices of Satan for centuries. Some of the godliest men and women who ever lived were under such demonic attacks. To those going through the valley and shadow of death, hear this word: Weeping will last through some dark, awful nights—and in that darkness you will soon hear the Father whisper, “I am with you. I cannot tell you why right now, but one day it will all make sense. You will see it was all part of my plan. It was no accident. It was no failure on your part. Hold fast. Let me embrace you in your hour of pain.” Beloved, God has never failed to act but in goodness and love. When all means fail—his love prevails. Hold fast to your faith. Stand fast in his Word. There is no other hope in this world.
David Wilkerson
www.worldchallenge.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Anybody else?

You bet. Happens to me all the time now. Its not that I don't care about anything, I do. Its just that I get that feeling constantly. Like when someone is talking of their future plans, I get a feeling that whatever they are planning on won't get a chance to happen. It is reaching a feverish pitch really. Almost anything even remotely related to the future brings up feelings that none of these things will happen or will matter. I too feel something big is going to happen. I think that our way of life may not continue this way much longer.

edit on 28-4-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

I completely understand. When I hear of future plans or long term goals from someone, it's almost like in the back of my head I'm hearing, "Why are they bothering?"

I don't understand it. But I feel it too. Like I'm just waiting for something. Calmly preparing. The sun is (finally) shining, we have jobs, kids are healthy, no major pressing issues, not depressed, well fed, good friends. What the heck am I sensing? It almost interferes with my work and activities. Just waiting.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You are correct there. All of the real learning seems to be based on our interactions with others. So you are on to something big there. You are probably a Psychotherapist in the making. Feeling the way you do will always allow you to have empathy for those that feel the same way. Your experience dealing with feelings will be very valuable to others later.
Really glad to hear that it is not going to make you quit.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I was wondering about my time spent at university, whether it was a valuable experience or whether I could have simply overlooked it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, i tend to feel that way a lot. I am a college student and it is hard for me to make myself try hard because it simply does not matter. and with the number of UFO sightings, the uprisings in countries such as egypt, the wars, and just recently the tornado outbreak in Alabama is the largest one recorded in US History. I think that honestly, s**** is getting real, and i feel that a lot more people out there (not just me) are feeling the same way. Theres been a weird feeling in the air lately...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I completely understand what your talking about. I've been getting that feeling for about the past two years. I just feel more and more that nothing I do really matters as long as society is this messed up. I mean, sure I actually kind of like what I'm working towards becoming (An Entomologist), but every single time I get ready for school I get a weird feeling like It's almost pointless to bother even staying involved in this modern world. I mean, so what if I discover new species of insects? Nobody will care about that. All people care about these days seems to be celebrities and other topics that don't matter. And I don't mean to sound like I don't like modern things, because I do. I mean, I'm using the internet now and would miss it tremendously if it were gone. But the thought of just living in the wilderness is resonating more and more with me. Almost everyone I talk to about it is completely against the idea. I've been a hunter since I was old enough to do so thanks to my father, and since then I've spent the majority of my life's spare time in the forest. I have a very extensive knowledge of wilderness survival and am very confident I could do it, but I can never find someone who is even remotely interested in the idea. I've spent the last few months doing nothing but stare at the stars every night, wondering what could be out there, and I got a rush of happiness, then realized I had work in the morning and got angry instantly. Then I began to wonder about the rest of the average human population while I just lay there on the hood of my car, staring at the stars. Is this what everyone else feels like every single day at work? And they keep those jobs anyway? Even though they spend a third of their life doing something that makes them miserable? So the next day I was supposed to work at Noon. I didn't go in. I just quit. Now I'm just focusing on Entomology because that's the one field that keeps me interested. Although I do read up on new findings in most other fields also. I'm sorry about this rambling, and it might sound whiny and stupid but It's the truth. My point is that there are very few things that I really like about the modern world, and those things shrink everyday and make me want to leave.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TranscendentSnake
I've spent the last few months doing nothing but stare at the stars every night, wondering what could be out there, and I got a rush of happiness, then realized I had work in the morning and got angry instantly. Then I began to wonder about the rest of the average human population while I just lay there on the hood of my car, staring at the stars. Is this what everyone else feels like every single day at work? And they keep those jobs anyway? Even though they spend a third of their life doing something that makes them miserable?

I am thinking the same way. Instead of staring at the stars I am looking at the sea. But how everyone else goes to work every single day for 40 years doing the same thing over and over again. I really cannot understand it. Maybe they are thinking about their survival and that without money they cannot help their family etc...

This is the trap, the god damn money. Workers->slavers for a system for all our lives just to make money. The older than me are saying the same thing. Educate yourself as much as you can to find a job to be able to live. And then come the last moments of life and we say: "Ah I shouldn't have worked so much hard".

Ps. sorry for the rant. I think if there is not "something" to change the minds of all people we will go down.
edit on 12-1-2012 by kapodistrias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Delete.
edit on 12-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join