It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else feel like things don't matter anymore?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If you feel like something big is happening than I would imagine things would have never mattered more.

School, jobs, etc... Give life some semblance of structure. That's a good thing. I understand how silly it all seems when you sit an analyze it, but there are plenty of countries without this "goofy" structure, and trust me NOBODY would like to live like that.

Also, when you couple the silliness with things that seem more important (and probably are) like information and ideas, the whole system looks like a joke. It is a joke, but a joke that gives life a little bit of meaning when, as you state, it seems pointless.

Play the game, but don't let the game play you.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This is also how I have been feeling recently.

My grades have slipped, my consistent workflow dropped. I just don't seem to care as much anymore and to say this is not true is just my social conformity coming out of me.

I think this is mainly because we began to see past all the BS that is involved within our society and simply don't wish to partake in this nonsense.

After I experienced this phase, I began to live in the moment. No longer did I push myself to make music when I didn't want too. No longer did I do things I didn't want to do because it would get me "ahead,". Currently I live in the moment, and I do what makes others and myself feel good in that moment and that moment only.

And the only reason I do not proceed with this practice day to day is my concern for failure deemed by social standards.
edit on 26-4-2011 by prolific because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Then we agree completely.

Its just such a shame that so many humans allowed themselves to be turned into commodities, (and I was going down that road myself for a while. ) It makes a mockery of what it is to be alive, and sentient.

But I do agree with you. Knowing how to do all sorts of random but useful things is great. And even there, focus on the ones you love. I think its going to be crucial for us to learn to be communities again, and work with each other, and fill in the gaps for each other.

I spent Easter cutting down a dying tree that had been broken by the wind with a bunch of neighbors and it was really great. Everyone just voluntarily came out and started helping, or if they were too old to help physically, talking and offering advice, it was really, really nice, even though it was hard work. I think that is what we need to return to. Where we care and want to help one another because it is in all of our best interests to be that way.

The way we have been living has been so ..............disconnected from each other.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yes I know what you mean, but for me Ive been completely nihilistic and didnt care about anything just thinking were all going to die and humans as a race will just die off. But now Im more happier and just dont care about school haha

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
if you're a white anglo saxon protestant, grades don't matter, because there'll always be a place available of the best anywhere you want.

if you're not a white anglo saxon protestant, grades don't matter, because the best place available is already reserved for a white anglo saxon protestant.

that doesn't mean you can't work 15x as hard and get the scraps. but you'll never be the elite. unless who have the will of a thousand men.

edit on 27-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Pshhh... the "elite" aren't half as wonderful as they think they are, and I, for one, am absolutely happy to never have been one nor associated with one.

It's all about attitude, man. I've lived poor and I've lived rich, and neither one mattered in the end. What HAS mattered has nothing to do with money or being elite or having access to the best of the world.

You're only as "oppressed" and as "vexed" and as "held down" as you want to be.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
What ever it is the end has to be near.People are getting primitive in their actions and the desperation of
men are really starting to show.Things have never been this bad throughout history.Of course we've had wars
and recessions but if you sit back and look at then and now there's features you cant ignore.This place we call home now has the highest murder rate then ever befor.Drug addiction is hitting our worlds continents like the modern plague and we are being tought through subliminal media that all of this is ok.People are killing eachother because the options our system provides do nothing but profit the ones already at the top.We need unity among people in order for things to change.If # hits the fan at the rate WE are going there wont be anything to save.We'll be stuck in a power struggle over who is willing to hurt the most people to stay at the top of the community they've created.

Things wont change though......
That would be convenient

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I do a lot of the times ... Everything's become quite monotonous. When everything keeps going downhill around you in the media and in life ... It's quite easy to take a deep breath and tell yourself "I don't care" ...

It's not like things don't matter, they do ... It's just that nothing really makes sense ...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Finish school first and then you'll have earned your right to dont care anymore

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I think strengthening personal relationships is a good thing and should be at the top of anybody's list. I understand if something BIG does happen, than anything we do now will not matter at all. The problem is if nothing happens then you still have to move on with life. There is always hope though. I don't think we should have a total negative outlook on life(as far as something really bad happening). I think TPTB want us to feel this way with all the bad things going on in the world. All this negativity is enough to drive us crazy and not care anymore. Just wait until you have kids(unless you already have kids) then that education is gonna come in handy!! ha

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You have to focus on what makes you happy and let some of the bad stuff from the media, or even this awesome forum, not discourage you.

I can get sucked in by the negative media or negative posts and totally let it affect my day. Sometimes turning things off and getting out in the sun can revitalize, also to focus on a friend or loved one near me. Finding something you love to put your focus on can really help you get perspective. Whether something big happens or not, you'll be in the right place.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

i feel so. It's because of we have watched a lot of news leaving the ordinary and routine. And when we have to back to our life...it's different.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Got those feelings a while ago... this is your higher self reaching out to you, bro.

Most people just shrug it off and get back into the matrix. I sure didn't. Such things only fueled my desire to learn what's really happening here... Truth is, these things won't matter once 2012 hits. Not one bit. So many people's 'lives' are going to collapse, complete with mental breakdowns.

Big changes ahead, bigger than anything you can imagine at this point.

Just go with the flow and you'll be alright. Outdated institutions really are the least of your worries.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the great thing about the universe is even if you feel you have no purpose . the Unisverse think's you do so keep your head up . also stay away from negative things such as media reports and addictive un healthy habbits

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I recently paused the 'game' for a while.
Life has been really good since then, not worry about too much; the problem is besides family, pretty much everyone I know still plays the game.
Work, struggle, pay debt, sleep, repeat until you die.

Really hard to enjoy life when all they can do is that. My goal of the game is to get out of that cycle.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I am normally a person that is acan do kind of woman. This year, I just feel like it isn;t going to matter. I can't get over it, it is like pervasive. This isn't like me. I do deal with alot of data regarding things that are not really looking good for the human race, but have been looking at that since '98 and nothing ever bothered me like this. I don't usually exhibit apathy. I personally think we are all on overload. Too much stuff on everything we look at. Maybe we need to stop looking for awhile. Believe it or not, the world will go on without us keeping track of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I can identify with this feeling, this past week i sold all my expensive possessions and I also got rid of anything sentimental as i feel it's important to acknowledge but not to hoard. Material things just don't matter to me anymore.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I'm not talking about total apathy, but apathy in certain things. For example, feeling like your job, school, etc. doesn't matter.

When i'm in school, i can't shake the feeling that it doesn't really matter what grades i get. I've never had this before last month or so and part of me knows that grades are important but another part shrugs it off. What DOES feel important is keeping the peace, in other words not having any outstanding issues with other people (making up as soon as possible), and the personal relationships between people. Actually, this is the focal point of my life right now, the bonds i forge with others.

It also feels like something big is coming, VERY soon. Like it could potentially happen in a few days, whatever it is. I've been feeling this sense of foreboding since the middle of last year, continuously building...

Anybody else?
edit on 26-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Oh I've felt like this on and off for about a decade, a lot more so in the recent years. The only point I see in holding a job at this time is just to get by, help out some family, then wait and see what happens.
I feel the majority of us are just so oblivious to everything going on. Almost feels like you know a secret but can't tell anyone because they will think you are crazy, or you don't want to tell them because they are enjoying & happy with their lives so you don't want to ruin that for them.

Originally posted by nunya13
I do all the time. Then a pesky little thing called societal norms creeps up on me and I have to pretend like i do care to the point where I actually believe I do.

My "sense of foreboding" is pretty strong, too. Ever since mid-January for me. For some reason, I just can't shake the feeling that 2011 is going to be a doozy of a year and that it is all going to be a precursor to how 2012 is going to be. I am not referring to anything like the Mayan 2012. It just really feels like we've been headed downhill every since 2008 and that the consequences for many actions will come to fruition during this year.

edit on 26-4-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

I completely agree with the societal norms. While you can be weird and not your average person I don't think it would benefit to go all out with the conspiracy stuff / doom & gloom unless you want everyone to alienate you.

At this point I just live my life and don't worry what will come to happen. I keep an eye and an ear open to hear what's happening on the conspiracy side of things, but am living life with some regard that we will be here in 10-20 years. In other words still saving up for the future/planning for it, but not becoming fearful or disappointed when/if SHTF.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I believe this thread would be endless if it were presented to the masses. You are certianly not alone in these feelings. I've felt my whole life that I was going to witness something great/terrifying just something that would change everything. I've talked about this with many people, there are many of us. It can go many directions from here. But we could all be feeling this because we are on the verge of a perceptual shift of our place in the scheme of things. Our subconsious/soul/inner self speaks to us. Don't ignore it. Either something great is going to happen, or it's going to end like the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy saga. At the moment of realizing the Ultimate Question of Life the Universe and Everything, BANG it's over.. Sorry for the inconvenience.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
it gets worse as you get older as well unfortunately.

i am well over the halfway point in an average lifespan, going now into the worst half, sometimes you think it is all pointless.

also, the life of one small, evolved ape just seems meaningless in this probably infinite universe.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join