It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Laser Could Output More Power than All Human Civilization

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Wonder if this laser can start a fusion reaction on a already hot hydrogen plasma
to create a mini sun here on earth and never ending power.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This 'super-laser' project, used to extract particles from a vacuum, sounds like a similar concept here:
"How to turn the vacuum into a superconductor"
www.newscientist.com...

... but using super-lasers, rather than super-magnets.

I wonder if these super-lasers could release the "Quintessence" force, described in the "Extended Heim Theory"?

edit on 4/27/2011 by Larryman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
They are lasers housed within research labs, not aimed at the sky. Some of you need to spend time away from ATS.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Open the roofs,
Turn these puppies towards Jupiter.
Fire.

Ouila! Instant Binary System.
I accept PayPal.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
If it all goes to plan these lasers will carry power back from the sun, the power will come from satellites that are in close orbit to the sun. Like farming the sun with huge solar wings satellites the rest is Lasers and mirrors

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There are no mother ships and we already have fission. You mean FUSION?

Originally posted by R3KR
WOW !!

Would be great for taking out mother ships !
Or perhaps fission ?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Freaking lazers!
Can someone tell me why we really need a 200 petawatt lazer for? Something that has more output than the sun itself?

Shooting celestial objects or atleast try to.

Are we expecting alien attack? It just blows me away that we'll have the deathstar main gun here on earth.

Good question, also consider the RAIL guns for naval ships

Practical applications? What the heck are they really going to use that for?
Freakin A!

The only thing I can think is celestial objects interactions or as you said space craft. Is some powerful weaponary.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
They are lasers housed within research labs, not aimed at the sky. Some of you need to spend time away from ATS.

But with a reflector here and there placed they can be aimed......

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Super Laser Could Output More Power than All Human Civilization

techland.time.com

What do you get when you spend $1.2 billion on triple laser laboratories in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Romania? Try: The building blocks for a mind-boggling super laser that's almost "didn't I see that in a Keanu Reeves flick?" powerful.
How much power are we talking? Probably not enough, say, to take out a planet with one ominous electric-green burst, but how about twice the total power output of all human civilization?

Read more: techland.time.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Correct me if I am wrong here but I remember seeing a few shows regarding time travel and how powerful lasers could be used to achieve this!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Something to blasts those damn aliens away .

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Might as well just say "we are building space weapons!!". The armed forces of the world are by nature paranoid, and you can bet that thought will be running through a large portion of their noggins.In that respect, the Czechs are practically begging someone to sabotage this thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger
Free energy may exist but its a waste of time to talk about. Either an invention works or it doesn't. If it works, then start generating power and sell it for cash. Or, release the plans to the world on video by showing a simple tutorial how anyone could easily build one with the clearly displayed materials. With free energy I have a put up or shut up attitude.

Free energy is NOT a waste of time. Many have come up with ways to acquire free energy and they are "visited" and offered money for patents, or to shut up, and if that doesn't work, they are threatened or outright killed. It is because if free energy were to flow into the money system, a system built to account for meaningful energy expended, money would become unnecessary, power over others would dissipate, and They would lose Their control.

So putting up might mean a death sentence.

But for help, here's a thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Maybe they have got a really big CD!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

A number of countries are said to operate HAARP like devices including russia, it may not be called HAARP if thats what you meant.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There is one glaring issue with such an assertion.

How do you power a laser that requires more than twice the power of all human civilization on the earth?

me thinks somethings not quite kosher here.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
There is one glaring issue with such an assertion.

How do you power a laser that requires more than twice the power of all human civilization on the earth?

me thinks somethings not quite kosher here.

From a comment posted on the article... I think this about sums it up:

"You're right about energy. There's LOTS more energy going INTO this monster than is coming out. But the little energy that's coming out comes out in bursts which last a billionth of a billionth of a second. A watt is energy per second. So, it's sort of a mathematical 'trick' that the rate of energy out is greater than the average rate our planet's inhabitants use. It's greater, but for only a billionth of a billionth of a second."

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We need to arm some autonomous drones with this weapon, put a few in orbit for "police actions" and just in case the local aliens are not convinced we need to be destroyed instantly, we should blow a few celestial bodies out of the sky. I am sure there are at least a dozen rebel faction that we can arm with these things. And just to show China how much we care, lets give them the technology to.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
As long as it produces a good show im down with it, a mate works in laser shows so i sent him the info and he was like i want one imagine the show i could do with that. lol but he all so agrees it would be a great way to move huge amounts of power around.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
At first I was like "Hey! Awesome! A laser that's theoretically powerful enough blow up something the size of the moon!" and then I was like "Wait.. Blow up the moon.... hmmm... The nutcases running the world might just be THAT crazy... Oh Dear GOD!!"

Could we not just live in harmony and advance as a species? Can't these crazy power hungry warmongering A-holes just find themselves another planet to run or just annihilate each other and leave us out of it?

In case you are wondering, yeah, I do believe this may be a test for using lasers of this caliber as weapons. Since when did a groundbreaking new scientific invention/discovery not end up being used for war?

IT--
edit on 28-4-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join