It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could I be saved by 3 Religions on my Death-bed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Although I'm still alive and kicking (to the chagrin of some people) being HIV-positive has made me think a lot about death.
Last time that I went for an operation I found myself praying, so I'm not a good atheist, despite my best attempts.

I've heard horrible things about hell-fire both from Christians and Muslims, and I don't want to re-incarnate as a lower life-form in Hinduism either.

So now I'm scheming...if I'm on my deathbed, and my mind is still going, I will first say the Evangelical sinners's prayer.
Then I will admit that there is one God, and Mohammed is His Prophet.
Then I will chant Hare Krishna.

I could repeat the process.
But I'd still have a nagging Buddhist sensation that all these versions of God are just another illusion tying me to the material plain, and if I repeat them I might return as a parrot.

Well, better a Buddhist risk than Abrahamic hell-fire.

If the Christians are right I'll be saved.
I cannot be unsaved by calling on Islam?
OK I might be ... not sure.
Oh I'm not sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I guess it couldn't hurt.

I've never understood why certain chants or prayers can save you even if you don't mean them, but 'what if', you know?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You should just be Jewish. They don't believe in Hell, so no worries =D

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Well I would mean them, every one!
It would be a desperate cry to every version.
It would just imply some wavering between them.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Just some advice, and insight. I'm muslim so I can tell you that off jump your plan wouldn't work due to the fact that when you 'move on' to Islam, and state that there is only one God, you'd negate that completely when you 'move on' to Hinduism. Personally, I'd say study those few faiths a little more, pick the one you become most comfortable with and stick to it. Meditate to clear your mind, and make a decision. That's IF a spiritual path is something you want to commit to, if not, then just purify yourself as best you can.

You have a prayer from me for your condition to be cured, and your troubles made easy.

God bless
edit on 26-4-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Or perhaps alternatively I could start with Hinduism instead, and then move to Islam, and then move to Christianity.
Islam respects Christ, so a call to Christ afterwards should be in its paradigm?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

There is nothing to say you won't die tomorrow, non of us know how much time we have now do we?
I'm not telling you what to do, but my money is on Jesus Christ...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Yes it's true that we revere Christ, however we don't call on him for salvation which is a part of the fundamental difference between Islam and Christianity. As I said, it's best not to "panic". My personal believe is that God is God, meaning One, so I believe that a monotheistic faith would be the way to go, and from there The Lord would have mercy on you. Polytheism, not so much. (just my personal belief, no disrespect to anyone)
edit on 26-4-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

That is good for Christians and people in that community.
But, when you see other faiths, and you see they are just as committed it is no longer so easy to say that.
What if the Muslims are right?

I think that is why the faiths are kept apart and call each other demonic - they don't want to lose a customer to the competition.

edit on 26-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nope.

Gotta pick one......just make sure it's the right one.

Best one out of three-- I guess the odds could be worse?

No pressure, just your eternity at stake......

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There is no heavan or hell, so relax, there is nothing to be saved from.

Live, laugh and be happy.

If you study religion, you will realize that they are all scams.
They were devised as control systems.
They are all hypocrites.
Note that all the higher ups in any church organization are very rich.
They parade around in gold trimed garb preaching the virtue of poverty.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
There are hundreds of religions, if you spent time doing them all I'm pretty sure many would be contradicted and you would end up with a worse result.

My religion is Asatru / Odinism, I believe in the old Norse Gods and when we die, depending on how we die I believe we go to Valhalla if you die in battle honourably or just go to live in Asgard until Ragnarok, and I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of other small but age-old religions such as mine too.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Wulfric because: More info

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Why not plead with God to guide you and give you an experience which leads you to a definite path? After pleading with God I experienced many things, including invisible stigmata, which lead me to Catholicism.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a suggestion for you halfoldman.
just accept what was,what is and what will be. i myself am non-affiliated however i pay mind to the beautiful equation and respect others beliefs. only you know the shackles of your own life and by accepting them, i feel your eventual transition will be as smooth as it could possibly be. maybe the torment others witness in others dying is the result of their actions on this level. just learn to let go. i feel all is energy based and with this, an energy audit may be waiting. if this is the case just accept you actions and recognise the possibility that nothing can be hidden.
f

top topics

join