It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Militarization of the US-Canada Border: The proposed Canada-U.S. trade and security perimeter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If the US goes that far down the toilet I would be surprised if Canadas economy held up. And I really didnt mean that people would flee across the southern border. A lot of the US has mild to moderate winters and one could survive without heat if you had no way to pay for any. It might not be pleasant, but you would probably survive ok.

I tend to suspect the militarization of the borders has more to do with the fact that we are one of the only first world countries of any size that hasnt been disarmed. They probably dont want guns flowing north. Because while Canada seems a little pleased with itself that its not in the nightmare we are in the US, but I wouldnt be too smug. IF there is anything there the corporations want, they will take it, and they will undermine the quality of life and disrupt the politics of Canada just like they did here. We may have been the first first world country to be raped, but we will not be the last.

These multinational parasites have no concern for sovereignty or nations or their people. Look what they are doing everywhere.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I made a thread about this a few months ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

So far, it looks like things have "heated" up since then.

Heres the first article I read back in Feb.

news.yahoo.com...

Senators from northern border states urged the Obama administration to deploy military radar and more unmanned planes. The head of the Senate's Homeland Security committee, Conn. Sen. Joe Lieberman, suggested the government should examine whether to require visas of Canadian visitors.

Yea.....we definantly need predator drones keeping watch on the Canadians (sarcasm)

www.flatheadbeacon.com...

"We have made critical security improvements along the northern border — deploying additional Border Patrol agents, technology and infrastructure, and, just two weeks ago, we successfully completed the first long-range CBP Predator-B unmanned aircraft patrol under expanded (Federal Aviation Administration) authorization that extends the range of our approved airspace along the northern border by nearly 900 miles," Fetcher said.

Yes, predator drones must do better up north than down south.......what?

Edit - I wonder how many people have been recently killed in Canada from drug-cartel related war? Im going to guess....10 or less.

How many in Mexico? Since 2006 I believe its 35,000 - 40,000

Obviously, just by looking at the numbers....Canada is the most dangerous place now
edit on 27-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by Vitchilo

Forget all the Mexicans crossing everyday and other Latinos from other countries.

This.

I don't think people realize how bad it is.

I live in Southern California.

It's bad.

They are everywhere.

EVERYWHERE.

edit on 4/27/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed bbcode

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Lol, in 2 years, they haven't found one illegal crossing!
What a great way to spend BILLIONS, hey and now they want to make the debt higher in the US.
Do they really have brains?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It shouldn't supprise anybody that American taxpayer money is being wasted in this way. The big lie here is that border security is about keeping the bad world out of the US. We are the prisoners of a war that our government declared, trapped in our sad decaying country. They want us to believe that we are the all powerful consumer, but we are the consumed. They won't let us leave untill they bleed us dry. But if they go through with this NAU crap, that just opens the door for the Canadians to be tapped like kegs by TPTB. Sorry guys.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So where's the incentive for Canadians again?
The incentive with this is that we won't have a mass exodus of poor American immigrants coming to our country and ruining everything. They never said anything about the two countries merging. Canada will still be responsible for security on our side of the line.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Militarization of the border has a lot to do with making sure BC buddies, and pals do not make it down to the good ol' USA where we love BC buddies and pals. BC buddies and pals, really love to trade with the USA and the militarization is to control this trading of buddies and pals with the USA.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Militarization of the border has a lot to do with making sure BC buddies, and pals do not make it down to the good ol' USA where we love BC buddies and pals. BC buddies and pals, really love to trade with the USA and the militarization is to control this trading of buddies and pals with the USA.

In between the lines...I agree.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

They are making it harder to travel across the US:

1- TSA screening
2- Increasing gas prices

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

They are making it harder to travel across the US:

1- TSA screening
2- Increasing gas prices

The walls are going up slowly.

Soon....you will not be able to travel outside of your house without screening, cameras and permission slips.

Orwell was wrong...he had no idea of what was really coming. He only laid the groundwork to the Police State of the World.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well if the draft ever came back for whatever reason it would be a good way of catching every last draftee.

Which is probably a good thing seeing as the few Vietnam draft dodgers I've met are total douches. Not to say there is a correlation or that I wouldn't have done the same thing given the choice.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NWMA2012

What kind of twisted bizarrerie is this crap? US citizens have been asking and even sometimes demanding that the government take care of the southern border separating the US from Mexico, and rather than addressing an actual issue the government instead proposes to address the as-of-yet nonexistent problem that the US has with its northern border?

Seriously, if it weren't for forum rules, I would curse and say that this is #ing retarded. Actually, on second thought, I think that this kind of stupidity is worth breaking forum rules for once.

I suppose that the US has to keep mindful of those sick Canadian moose-smuggling cartels that are running rampant in the northern US border towns.
edit on 29-4-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Darkmask

After Americans complaining about illegals Mexicans, now it's gonna be Canadians complaining about illegal Americans.

Funny.

I doubt they complain.
As i'm sure americans won't be trying to shove drugs down candaians throat, and we would actually speak the language and wouldn't leech off the system.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

This idea of Fortress borders was cooked up, or at least agreed on, during PM Harper's visit with Obama just before Libya was invaded. And before the election was called in Canada. The whole story went right under the radar here in Canada. The only words I heard out of Harper's mouth on the subject was when he stood beside Obama and spoke in French.
American folk and Canadians are like peas in a pod. We share the same ancestors, dreams and ambitions. I hope I never see the day when I do not welcome Americans to Canada. I might not like or approve of politicians and big money on either side of the border, but rest assured; us little people here in Canada wish the best for our fellows to the south and fight similar battles day to day.
Come on up if you wish. While the doors are open.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Makes me think - maybe they are making it harder for Americans to cross into Canada because there is going to be a draft some time soon.

This way they can't avoid the draft by going to Canada!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join