It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Islam Spread through Sword?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

Puts the matter straight? In whose mind? The argument that Islam wasn't spread through compulsion was totally lost. He keeps saying that countries hasn't been kept by Islam due to compulsion because they didn't do their job. When I hear about the good qualities of Islam by my friends and also this video it always begins and ends thousand or hundreds of years ago. They alsways tell about how good it was compared to the countries they invaded or traveled to. THEN its as though they are blind to the here and now. As if they are froze in time. Wake up my friends and look where you are in the order of things. The clock of time has passed you by.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

However, one must not forget that the eventual fall of Islamic unity and society was largely down to the west. The Ottoman empire had it remained would likely have resulted in eventual rapid development of the middle east and they'd probably be considered the America of today in another reality. Thats what people have to understand, Islamic society was successful because it was vast, people from east to west were united by their religion and it allowed them to rapidly expand in the fields of science, medicine, architecture and various others. Imagine had the Ottomans not been severly hampered in WW1, what would have happened if they remained in control of the middle east? A mega rich Islamic empire, vast natural resources, ideal location for trade etc, barring a few major historical events they would be running things, not us. The only thing holding back the Islamic world today is the modern concept of the nation state and the domination of their wealth by our corporations and our foreign policy.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Some empires where the ruler may have claimed to subscribe to Islam were spread by the sword, but Islam itself certainly does not support conversion by the sword, instead it supports proselytising through speech and actions.

Even when the muslim ruler did conquer some place, there weren't usually any forced conversions. Much of the populations just slowly accepted and incorporated the religion into their own cultures. This is why you still have the copts in Egypt, the Zoroastrians, Parsis and Iranis in South Asia, and Hindus in India. In fact, in the early days of Islam, after Muhammad's death, the Muslim rulers prohibited conversion among the populations they conquered.

Then there are many places, such as Southeast Asia (with Indonesia, having the largest Muslim population in the world) and Central/East Africa that were never attacked or invaded by any muslim army, yet they have a muslim majority anyhow.

There are of course some exceptions to this- some Muslims kings in India apparently tried forced conversions (I'm not sure, but I think it was Mughals against Sikhs?), and there were the Almohads, as examples, but I'd say in general, over the entire course of Islamic history, that was more of an exception than the rule.
edit on 27-4-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

So you´re just here to tell us all about your schooling and how you don´t care for Islam as you believe it is old - but yet you refuse to say why(only adding a non-apt example of locking up a person) - because you simply do not care?

I believe your education has failed you or your military training depleted some logical reasoning

Now, leaving the sensationalist basher and on topic;

This person who is claiming this and that on video, did he ever take time to read the history of Persia and Iran before running his mouth like a liar? I bet he didn't...no compulsion my behind.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

The man is deluded on actual history. The Crusades alone prove him to be a liar. Muslims were attacking and invading Christian lands for more than 450 years before the first Christian response. Please, can we stick to facts?

some truth about Islam

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join