It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantánamo Bay files: Casio wristwatch 'the sign of al-Qaida' Terrorists Choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This in itself seems just plain crazy.

According to leaked files the Casio F-91W, a cheap digital watch sold around the world, was regularly taken as evidence that detainees had bomb-making training!

According to the UK Gaurdian Newspaper Gaurdian

This worldwide bestseller is / was worn by "Approximately one-third of the JTF-GTMO detainees"

These models of watches have known connections to explosives, either having attended explosives training, having association with a facility where IEDs were made or where explosives training was given, or having association with a person identified as an explosives expert."

More than 50 detainee reports refer to the Casio timepieces. The records of 32 detainees refer to the black Casio F-91W, while a further 20 make reference to the silver version, the A-159W.

Surely the government wouldn't arrest and detain someone for simply wearing one of these watches would they?

BTW I searched to see if previously posted, nothing found but no doubt it has been already as we have such a great search tool.
Guantanamo files

edit on 26-4-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I just went and ordered one on Newegg for $11.16

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Funny how Bin Laden wore the same watch. I guess the middle east really is stuck in the 80's with their technology.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I hope they don't arrest my 70-year old grandpa! He wears one all the time!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I use to have one when I was 5 years old.
I love the US profiling of terrorist.. hahaha

new topics

top topics

join