It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My View on Coincidences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First, a little backstory.

A few years ago, I was on a camping trip. It was a long drive so on the way me and my family stopped at a motel. We slept the night. When I woke up, for some reason, the movie Die Hard was on my mind. I DON'T EVEN. Anyways, I went to the store across the street to pick up some epic meal timez, and saw a DVD shelf. They were organized so they were spine out. Except for one...DIE HARD. Needless to say I was somewhat shocked.

Things like this happen to a lot of people.

I am not a believer in God. I don't believe in fate or that things happen for a reason. I believe stuff just happens.

There are nearly 7 billion people on this rock, and what I think when a coincidence like that happens, is that "well it's gotta happen to someone." It's a lottery. At any given moment, there are thousands of lotteries going on like this. Someone will wake up at exactly 7:34am with no alarm for 3 days. It's just something that's going to happen EVENTUALLY to SOMEBODY.

What are your thoughts on coincidences/fate?

/julio

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Dude I encounter so many crazy coincidences that it's hard to believe they're just coincidences. For example, I'll learn a new vocab word or see a new movie, and then the next day somebody will use that word that I have never heard in my life before yesterday in a sentence. Or maybe the next day somebody will just happen to mention that movie that I just saw. Another example is when I watch a documentary about like space, animals, etc. on Netflix, then when I get on ATS the first thread at the top of the feed is about that exact topic that I watched the documentary over! It's little things like that, but so many of them happen so frequently that it has me wondering.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just yesterday I was discussing clonning,just as we touched on Dolly the sheep.A sheep ran past us ! If we were on a farm at the time it would be no biggy .Thing was we where in a major shopping center . Go figure ?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If you like coincidences, read the book Beyond Coincidence. It blew my mind. Some of John Train's stories are mind-boggling too, such as The Descent of Mrs. Czermak - that one is quite funny, too.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Julio

Dude I encounter so many crazy coincidences that it's hard to believe they're just coincidences. For example, I'll learn a new vocab word or see a new movie, and then the next day somebody will use that word that I have never heard in my life before yesterday in a sentence. Or maybe the next day somebody will just happen to mention that movie that I just saw. Another example is when I watch a documentary about like space, animals, etc. on Netflix, then when I get on ATS the first thread at the top of the feed is about that exact topic that I watched the documentary over! It's little things like that, but so many of them happen so frequently that it has me wondering.

That's got to be the best coincidence, the one about looking up a word and for the next few days hearing it everywhere. ATS coincidences happen a lot too...I've been thinking of a lot of theories before and come on here and there is a newly formed post about the exact same thing I was thinking about, sometimes word for word.

I have had tons of coincidences, things I don't like discussing...but these are two that are frequent. I just chalk it up to collective consciousness, usually people on the same level as us won't have a very differing mind (like seeing a best friend after a couple of years, and still being able to take the words out of their mouth)

new topics

top topics

join