It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1988 Manga Predicted Fukushima ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I tried the ATS search and didn't find it. Incredible :

Here the manga (check page 28) (I hope somebody can translate it for us) : usio.feliseed.net...

Link : www.emol.com...
Translation :

A manga published 23 years ago "anticipated" nuclear disaster Fukushima. The work of Ryoko Yamagishi (author), spoke in 1988 about the "arrogance" of mankind on the control of nuclear power and proliferation of such plants in Japón.

A picture sleeve digital version has been a successful visit, 23 years after its original publication. Although his inspiration came straight the Chernobyl tragedy, the Japanese author Ryoko Yamagishi somehow anticipated the nuclear emergency by Japan today through a manga published in 1988.

Despite being published more than two decades, his 46-page book entitled "Phaethon" has been a success after the disaster in Fukushima, as many see it as a foretaste of what would years later the effect of the earthquake and tsunami of 11 March.

Yamagishi drawings warned about a nuclear Japan and full of "arrogance" men to believe they were able to control that energy. The title refers to Greek mythology, where Phaethon, son of Helios, god of the sun-Earth risked losing control of the chariot of the sun, but was killed by Zeus just in time to avoid catastrophe.

"The warning from my comic no avail. I was very sad," said the author in contact with the Spanish daily El Pais. "If I thought an accident might happen, but in fact they assumed. When he had panic (...) I think it should close the nuclear reactor one by one from now and replace them with solar energy, hydro and geothermal, added.

The book originally sold about 70 thousand copies, but after the accident in Fukushima his editor decided to publish it for free over the Internet, where it has more than 200 thousand visits.

"It's a classic manga, which can still be found in stores, but she asked us to try to reach more people," said Tatsuya Kitagawa, published by Ushio, "El País"..

NOTE : I was checking the whole book, seems it's not only about Fukushima.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/27/2011 by Majic because: Turned down the CAPS volume in title

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I hate to be "that guy", but you know this is like someone drawing a comic about a major Earthquake happening 20 years ago and getting praised for successfully predicting it happening like he planned it or something.

I mean, I seriously doubt the maker of that comic had any future-seeing abilities and this is just too general, and I hate using this word, but it's a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I would like to have a translation before I have that opinion.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

If I drew a picture of a tornado hitting a farm in kansas, then 23 freakin years later a tornado hits a farm in Kansas, would you say I predicted the event?

You're acting like Fukushima wasn't built in the most seismically active place in the world, next to the ocean at that. Every little coincidence in the world isn't a prediction. Unless this man drew, to the exact detail what would happen, this gets a stern straight-faced "No".
edit on 26-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
old skool mangas were CRAZY...

though if you want to watch a good one, watch WICKED CITY.....alien dimension shift....deep

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watts
You're acting like Fukushima wasn't built in the most seismically active place in the world

I'm acting nothing, you need to read all again. I just post that info as it is in the news. I said already that I need a translation to make my opinion. Did you see the interrogation marks in the title?

Don't be a misleading person.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Well, I'm not into manga, but I consider it a really cool form of art. I found the article by accident. Too bad they didn't make an english version.

new topics

top topics

join