It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Traditional Labels: Left/Right, Capitalism/Communism, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Out of my grand appreciation for many of the intellects here on ATS, the conversation they provoke, and in general interest to share a information nugget I came across with the clan, I making this post. I have nothing to really add to the blog post I am referencing, however, don't let that deter you from an extremely well written, out-of-the-box perspectives presented by a blogger that goes by the name, FOFOA.

The Gist

Karl Marx predicted the breakdown of capitalism as a result of class struggle, followed by the establishment of a grand commune in which all the means of production would become publicly owned and used only for the public good. Sounds pretty nice, huh? "Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can. No need for greed or hunger, A brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people, Sharing all the world..." ... and all that peace and harmony stuff.

Like many, I have been attempting to wrestle in and make sense of all this craziness, often to the point of accepting to stand on one side or the other, in countless issues (often times out of my own ignorance). Lately, I have been on this Rich versus Poor meme, or more accurately, Class Warfare. For the most part, it makes sense and we all know about the Federal Reserve, FIAT money, Corporations, Republicans, Democrats, etc. However, in general I was feeling out this Rich/Poor paradigm and started to argue to anyone that would hear, that this is what is going on today and responsible for all the ills we are experiencing. However, after reading FOFOA's blog, I see how limited my perspective was (and ultimately, typically is), but it opened my eyes a bit to a broader, longer perspective as to how the overall paradigm today is nothing new. And it is sort of a class warfare, but not like you think.

Summary of Blog

FOFOA states in his blog, that:

Marx writes, "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggle." He got this part right! What he got wrong was his delineation of the classes.

Marx's classes were:

1. Labour (the proletariat or workers) - anyone who earns their livelihood by selling their labor and being paid a wage for their labor time. They have little choice but to work for capital, since they typically have no independent way to survive.

2. Capital (the bourgeoisie or capitalists) - anyone who gets their income not from labor as much as from the surplus value they appropriate from the workers who create wealth. The income of the capitalists, therefore, is based on their exploitation of the workers.

Simply put, Marx says it's the rich versus the poor. According to Marx the rich exploit the poor to get themselves a "labor-free income", which spawns a class struggle.

After FOFOA argues quite well to the specifics of Marx, pointing out his errors to class identification, FOFOA states:

The two classes are not the Labour and the Capital, the rich and the poor, the proletariat and the bourgeoisie, or the workers and the elite. The two classes are the Debtors and the Savers. "The easy money camp" and "the hard money camp". History reveals the story of these two groups, over and over and over again. Always one is in power, and always the other one desires the power.

1. Debtors - "The easy money camp" likes to spend (and redistribute) money it did not earn, either by borrowing it, taxing the savers for it, or printing it. They like easy money because it is always and everywhere constantly inflating, easing the repayment of their debts.

2. Savers - "The hard money camp" likes to live within their means and save any excess for the future. They prefer hard money (or in some cases "harder" money) because it protects their savings and forces the debtors to work off their debts.

Further:

Today we are living the end of the longest stretch of time in which "the easy money camp" has been in power both politically and monetarily. For a century now they have been easing our money more and more. And for those of you obsessed with the "emerging" NWO and One-World Currency... surprise! You've been living with it for 66 years now.

This latest push for central control and massive deficit spending by the "easy money camp" is simply the blow-off phase right before the long awaited collapse. And when easy money collapses, the transition is always financially painful but not necessarily bloody like the French Revolution, which was the end of the "hard money camp".

My Summary

Spend the time to read the blog. He has a well defined, articulate depiction of much of the wealth transfer that is about to occur and the logic behind it. Frankly, I don't think I am learned enough to pick apart his points, as many in the blog's comment section can't either. Nonetheless, it is a well laid out position that cuts through all the B.S. paradigms that seemingly present themselves to the collective today and get to the heart of the matter.

You can read the full blog here.

Peace.
edit on 26-4-2011 by alyoshablue because: added a quote

join