It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet you didn't know Jews live freely and without oppression in Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Jesus lived in Iran without oppression. Before it was Iran.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Maybe Ahmadinejad is a smart cookie and encourages Jews to live there so he can use them as human shields if the need arises?

What you'd rather be seeing is attacks on Jewish population in Iran, blamed on the Iranian regime but of course acted out by some alphabet agency from the West. It's how they roll.

He seems incredibly intelligent. It's a pity he doesn't speak English because more people would listen to him. And it would eliminate translation errors.

It sure as hell does. A head of state is supposed to know more than one language, you know, show the intelligence of his people, have his people aspire to speak and understand more than one language...these translation errors didn't occur for the Shah of Iran...but of course, when there isn't a translation error there can always be interpretation errors...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
The lies about Ahmadinejad are no different than the lies about Saddam Hussein

You don't need to like about Saddam. He was a vulgar and vile war monger and tyrant. Neither are the US necessarily lying about Ghaddafi. He too is a lunatic.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Yes I did, I have also seen them at some of the televised Iranian events where they look very much a part on a pretty well integrated society. Its a fascinating country with at least 6 diffferent ethnic groups living there. Its also an area where people have lived for I think over 4000 - 5000 years. I would be very sad if some group of jackbooted louts took to destroying all the ancient historical parts of that country.

I also know that Mr Armadinajad is deliberately misquoted to the western press by the Israeli MEMRI charity which feels as we in the West don't speak ~Arabic, it behoves to them to translate his speeches into English and release them to the English press. One wonders exactly who the treacherous ones are.

I like to see fair play and I hate manipulation that is done with the sole intent of distorting the truth. I don't think Israel understands how she undermines herself. As a woman I wouldn't touch Islam with a barge pole so I naturally feel more protective towards Israel, but I don't believe for one minute in not saying what I think when it crosses the line of fair play.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It is a bit of a pity Iran does not treat all its minorities with respect. Iran only treats the Jews nicely because it is politically appropriate to do so. The Iranian regime continues to treat other minorities with contempt. Iran is a continual abuser of human rights, as the below demonstrates...

Iran abuses against sexual minorities

Persecution of Baha’is

Ongoing Persecution of Minorities

Regards

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
It is a bit of a pity Iran does not treat all its minorities with respect. Iran only treats the Jews nicely because it is politically appropriate to do so. The Iranian regime continues to treat other minorities with contempt. Iran is a continual abuser of human rights, as the below demonstrates...

Iran abuses against sexual minorities

Persecution of Baha’is

Ongoing Persecution of Minorities

Regards

It is safe to say that I would rather live in Iran than the USA. I once lived in the USA for 5 years and all I have to say is ... He Who Lives in a Glass House Shouldn't Throw Stones at Others...

Amnesty International

Global Issues

USA Today

Priests in Philly

I'm not going to sit here and paint Iran as a perfect country, but I can bet you that I would be more happy there than the USA. Heck, I bet I would find a better job compared to present day USA economy.

I live 15 minutes away from the American border and under no circumstances whatsoever will you find me traveling there. I will not even fly anywhere if there is a chance of crossing American airspace. I hear Iran is nice this time of year. I should check out some travel brochures

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

If you and your ilk on this thread believe the Iranian Jews living in Iran are safe then I'll believe Santas really exists.......

www.freerepublic.com...

newsflavor.com...

www.jewishjournal.com...

www.iranian.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Nah, we knew.

It's the Muslims who are being hanged and stoned to death, put in jails, raped and murdered by the regime, not necessarily the Jews.

By the way, seeing as how the last elections were rigged I don't know how much I'd trust those numbers (if any were given at all).

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Phatpackage never been to Iran to make such claims ..he is brainwashed from MSM

The Beautiful Iran You Weren’t Aware Of
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you saying that the Internet is not censored in Iran or that protesters get savagely beaten because they disputed the election result? If Iran is so "beautiful" move there! Lets see how long you last!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Maybe people shouldn't be so judgemental about everything that doesn't combine perfectly with the western way of life. Maybe people should try to understand different mentalities are a part of this world and would be a crime to annihilate them all. Maybe people should respect the 5.000 year Iran history and maybe, just maybe, we should give them a little credit. Not all western thinking is good or promotes wellness for mankind. Just think for example all those illegal immigrants that want to move to a so called civilised country but find the doors (borders in this case) closed shut. Is this an acceptable image for a country that respects human rights? I don't think so. They can't speak freely in Iran? Well, neither can we. Try to write a politically harsh comment (but truthful, to the point and non-offending) and try posting it for example in the Times comments section. Do you think you'll ever see it go public? Not in a million years. So what? Should anyone have the right to invade our western countries to teach us civilization and freedom of speach??? Yeah, didn't think so.
Governments treat people the same, it's just that eastern governments tend to do it in a more straightforward way, whereas western governments hide under the clothing of civil protection against terrorism... That doesn't mean we're not the same. Oh, by the way, try comparing the murder or rape cases in Iran and the USA and check out the difference. Maybe peoples' minds should open up to the possibility that, in the end, we face different problems.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

You better start composing your Christmas wish list.

reply to post by phatpackage

Are you saying that the Internet is not censored in Iran or that protesters get savagely beaten because they disputed the election result? If Iran is so "beautiful" move there! Lets see how long you last!

The internet is censored in China. As well as in the US. Why not cry and try to tear down their countries with propaganda? Lets see...your existence depends on China's mood and China is already producing all the anti-US propaganda you need.

Iran is beautiful indeed. A country where the four seasons are present throughout the year. Great wild life, amazing parks and wild nature...

reply to post by Lynda101

Of course, we are all being manipulated into thinking that these different regimes and governments across the planet are separate entities while in reality they all share the same aorta, blood and heart, metaphorically speaking.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join