It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government has known it for 36 years .....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I for one have always been against drugs of any sort but after reading this article I really don't know what to think now - no wonder they don't want us to use it - I bet they know the safe amounts too.

rense.com...

Cannabinoids Kill Cancer and they've known it for 36 years.

A new study published in Nature Reviews-Cancer provides an historic and detailed explanation about how THC and natural cannabinoids counteract cancer, but preserve normal cells.

The study by Manuel Guzmán of Madrid Spain found that cannabinoids, the active components of marijuana, inhibit tumor growth in laboratory animals. They do so by modulating key cell-signalling pathways, thereby inducing direct growth arrest and death of tumor cells, as well as by inhibiting the growth of blood vessels that supply the tumor.

On March 29, 2001, the San Antonio Current printed a carefully researched, bombshell of a story by Raymond Cushing titled, "POT SHRINKS TUMORS; GOVERNMENT KNEW IN '74." Media coverage since then has been nonexistant, except for a copy of the story on Alternet.

It is hard to believe that the knowledge that cannabis can be used to fight cancer has been suppressed for almost thirty years , yet it seems likely that it will continue to be suppressed. Why?

According to Cowan, the answer is because it is a threat to cannabis prohibition . "If this article and its predecessors from 2000 and 1974 were the only evidence of the suppression of medical cannabis, then one might perhaps be able to rationalize it in some herniated way. However, there really is massive proof that the suppression of medical cannabis represents the greatest failure of the institutions of a free society, medicine, journalism, science, and our fundamental values," Cowan notes.

Millions of people have died horrible deaths and in many cases, familes exhausted their savings on dangerous, toxic and expensive drugs. Now we are just beginning to realize that while marijuana has never killed anyone, marijuana prohibition has killed millions.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 4/26/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

The cannabis plant is the greatest of all around good for Us plants - we can get food, clothing, shelter and medicine from it. How Ethical is it then to hunt, sting, try, and house people for its use?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Aside form its' anti cancer properties, I truly believe Cannabis allows people to activate their pineal gland/third eye. It forces you to think about things in completely different ways, and we all know the last thing TPTB would want is a world population starting to figure things out. Whoever or whatever created this planet must of had a reason to place such a unique plant on our planet...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Step 1: Vilify and criminalize all the amazing things nature provides.
Step 2: Literally force feed that chemicals are the only way.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Great news. Organisations and governments are so greedy and corrupt, I'm sick of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Amazing.... So it helps with glaucoma, by increasing blood flow.. But it knows when a cell is cancerous and changes it's behaviour to decrease blood flow?

Edit add-

I'd like to point out that this study did not have two patients hitting the bong while sitting in a stuppor on the couch staring at the comedy channel.... It was injected into the brain locally... Needles in brain.

The two don't equate.. Just like cocain use as a local anesthesia in a hospital doesn't equate with the tweeker that steals his grandmas watch to pawn off for his fix.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I believe the reason they dont want us to have it is they dont make money from it that way, I'm betting that all the new anti cancer drugs that are being developed are using cannaboids, this is the only way it can be sold to you.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If pot is a cancer fighter, then some kind of abominable conspiracy is afoot for sure, most likely corporate power mad greed, as usual. I watched the late Farah Fawcett's video of her dying. with all her celebrity money, she went from one team of chemo poisoners, to another team of chemo poisoners. I watched her projectile vomit and lose her legendary hair. Then she was dead, in short order. And I'll bet ya, it didn't have to be like that.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by orinoco4
I agree, the best years of my life have been while trying out cannabis, i gave up smoking a few weeks ago but looking back on pot smoking I may just have to make an exception for a little weed every now and again. It really is such a versatile substance and by banning it makes people want it more, during my visits to holland i never saw any wrong doings by anyone, such a quiet peaceful happy place.

You don't have to smoke it - as in Holland they put it in cakes.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just as an FYI..

We have an entire forum dedicated to the discussions of Alternate Substances such as the one described in the OP. Ironically enough, it's called the Alternate Substances Forum.

Threads containing those subjects are likely to be moved to that forum. If it comes up as a 404 when you click it, it means you do not have the 200 post minium requirement for that forum.

This post is meant for general information regarding these sorts of threads and is off topic, please do not reply to it, if further clarification is needed, please file a complaint, or PM me directly.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator
edit on 4/26/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
there is much more to the illegality of pot than cancer fighting..
look into the Hearst corporation and its history..
it had a lot to do with timber as paper, rather than hemp..

www.drugwarrant.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Aside form its' anti cancer properties, I truly believe Cannabis allows people to activate their pineal gland/third eye. It forces you to think about things in completely different ways, and we all know the last thing TPTB would want is a world population starting to figure things out. Whoever or whatever created this planet must of had a reason to place such a unique plant on our planet...

So you are telling me the hardcore potheads have managed to figure things out eh?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Considering the momentum a thread like this could/should have, I carefully weigh in.

The world is at a threshold moment. Due to the greed of the MIC nuclear lobby, we may never see the day thorium is implemented as a safe heat generating source, yet that day should have arrived 50 years ago~ as soon as they realized they knew what consequences were of blowing up plutonium, uranium etc., as bombs, and of the penalty for a runaway reactor (each of them apparently containing tens of thousands worth of bomb blasts). In my opinion, they no longer have control of us. That honor was surrendered decades ago, but now it's life threatening. We need every advantage that God gave us, in order to stay alive, and we need them NOW! Government, get out of our FRACKING WAY before you give cause for us to properly retaliate rather than to just turn you away in your hour of greed.

The world is now sprinkled with hot radioactive particles that will last thousands of years. It doesn't just go away. Even were no disaster to have precipitated this new fact, it was bound to happen sooner or later due to the sheer amount of unmanageable waste they chucked under a mountain wrapped in tinfoil casks. To act as they have against persons using God given nourishments is worse than criminal. They will pay with (name your spiritual pick here) eternal hell fire for this deception. No idle threat here: it is certain.

If we can't do it now, then when can we? Step through. Memorize the name of your local criminal elected representative and grab the bastard by the tail, severing his government pension and letting him beg for his life (just to teach them a lesson) for their having suffocated OURS. In Illinois, rat bastard mark kirk intends to go after it big time. Get him.

They dare to punish us?

FOR WHAT!

Beauty is as beauty does. Cannabis is certainly an expedient to the life process. Somehow it greases the genes, frees thought, enables clarity where there is confusion, purpose where there is pointlessness, and phsically enables veritible health and well being.

How DARE THEY!

I assure you that this is the time frame tptw are going to try to take cannabis away, because it is sport for them to do it against all odds, such as during a world radioactive catastrophe. It is going to be either high, or low; yes, or no. We should be supplying the suffering people in Japan with boat loads of cannabis to help their embattled genes conquer the mutations. We ought to be incarcerating all officials who have cannabis blood money in their hands.
edit on 26-4-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
oh great !!!
now what am I gonna say ???

I've been telling the kids for 15 yrs
just say no.

Now I have to change and tell them
just say yes ???

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It's too bad to see our government deny what is true for marijuana, I've been to the Netherlands and it really was a peaceful place and it wasn't really a big deal if you smoked pot or not, even though it's not de-criminalized I spoke to several police officers and they stated "atleast they don't have a needle hanging out of their arm, do they?"

new topics

top topics

join