It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The zombie apocalypse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

I feel for your safety and most probably the safety of others in your vicinity, alot of people talk of the "Katana" thing.
Many people do not own a "Katana" but a replica Katana.
Such as this one that they call a practice Katana, wrong it is a replica.
Most definately not for practice.

Not just any sword will work.
For best results make your own from a truck leaf spring as they are spring steel and will generally not break.

Unless you find one that is certified for live practice and they are expensive.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm more fearful of the people looking forward to any excuse to go on a rampage so they can play with their little toys.

Zeus save us all.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It may be closer than we expect. i've heard rumors that the government has created a formula that can "zombify" a person for a whole month. its not the traditional zombies you and i know, its more like the person is unconsious and sleep-walking. now that is a little off-point, but there's still something there.
and if not, there's always mad cow disease that can get to us

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have a feeling if there is ever a zombie apocalypse it would not be like the movies with un dead who have to be killed with a headshot. If anything, it would be some sort of rage virus like an extreme form of rabies. People would lose all control and try to kill everything with their bare hands/teeth making them zombie-like. This of course means that their blood will still be pumping and it would be contagious. Sorry OP but I would not want knives and katanas that would spatter blood everywhere. The best plan would be going to a remote place or bunkering sown and securing your house.
edit on 2-12-2011 by campingman because: grammar

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I think you need a good long range rifle. Why wait for them to be in your face? I wouldn't. My Ruger mini-14 would be decent..among others. I'm glad I live here.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
nice topic keep going

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So,i read all the comments and i felt like postin my plan for a zombie apocalypse.(Some will call me insane but i believe that one will come,and that day isn't far).I live in Greece so it's hard to get legaly some weapons,and i don't want to break the law and end up in jail!So i have 2 plans,A and B(if A goes to hell)
Plan A,if my family(parents and sister,we live in the same house) is alive and NOT infected,then i would be realy lucky,because we can barricade our house,it's on the 3d floor,so we can block the stairs,and use the elevator to move.We live in a walking distance of a super market,a grocery shop,a police station,Koridallos' Prison,3 gas stations and many car shops,so me and my father could get out and loot the super market and the grocery shop,by using my baseball bat to knock off any zombies,and our car to move quick if we need it.Then,we would drop the supplies in the elevator while the women of the family would call it and get the food in house,while me and my father will go to the police station.There,we would look for any alive policemen,if none is alive,we would grab some guns and ammo,some body armor if it's possible and leave.If we do that in one day,it's should be night before we end,so we would go in our house,lock ourselfs and sleep while we have one guarding in the balcony,and an other one behind the door.The other day,i would try to contact anyone through internet,it's impossible that no one of you said about using internet!Only in movies communication networks and internet broke down,in real life,if noone do it on purpose,why would it happen?Anyway,if i find any survivor in a near place i would go pick em up,after the got naked so i can check em for bites,then back home.we would do this everyday until we have at least 10 survivors(any infected one we will put him in our basement,5 floors beneath our apartment,no way to get out,if we don't let him out)
when he are 15 survivors,we will seperate in groups of 5,and scout the town.We will have 2 cars in each group,and any weapons we could get,firearms and some machetes from some near butcher shops.When we return we should check everyone for bites,and then sleep.The next dawn,we should load everything in cars,and we shoul leave,in 3 groups again,while we will use some walkie talkies to talk,or the Nindento DS chat(in would be a very powerfull ally to have at least some form of communication with each other).We should travel together,to the north.We will find shelter before night,some building without many windows or doors.If everythings goes as planned,within a month,we would have been outside of greece,passing through albania,montenegro and croatia.We will travel close to sea,so if we run out of fuel and cannot go on on cars,or if the road is blocked,we could at least find a boat to travell till we can again travell on land.By then,i hope that other survivor groups would be formed,and have secure posts,in italy,france or germany,so we could go there and live!If there aren't such posts,we would head to Sardinia or Ireland,i believe that an island is always more safe,and we would find an army base,or something like that,that we could raid and clean,baricade and secure,and finally use as a shelter.There we would try to make contact with other people,while we will have sex with survivors of the oposite gender,in order to have kids,and give hope to human kind,if something happen to us.
That's Plan A.
If that goes to hell i have plan b.It's more like a suicide mission,but my only option.If my family is dead or infected,and i'm safe,i'd leave my home alone,but i'll make sure that zombies can't reach my family,i don't want my family to have such a death!Then,i'd drive to my best friends place,if he's alright i'll pick him up.then we'd go to pick up my girlfriend,if she is safe.her father has an hunting shotgun,so at least we'd have a gun.then we will pick up his girlfriend,her father is a cop,so we would have at least some ammo,if not his gun.then we would find shelter for the night into an abandoned factory near my house that it's like a fort.we should stay there a bit,while looking for survivors.Then we would travel like i described in Plan A,and act like the end of Plan A,we'll build a secure place,have babies,and wait for a miracle!
I know that i gave it a lot of thought,but having something planned,even if it's so bizarre,never hurted anyone!Oh,and my the way,i'm not a kid that loves zombie movies,i'm 18,and i'd like to be ready for everything,zombies,aliens,end of the world in 2012,everything is possible,as much as it's impossible,i say!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A bit off topic, but... If you had the opportunity, would you start the zombie apocalypse? No one would ever find out.

I know a lot of people would do this. I'm not sure if I would, but I'd consider doing it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
A bit off topic, but... If you had the opportunity, would you start the zombie apocalypse? No one would ever find out.

I know a lot of people would do this. I'm not sure if I would, but I'd consider doing it.

If i could controll the zombies,i don't know,it's a way to be a super villain,so i'd give it a try!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join