It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The zombie apocalypse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i would steal a tank, simple

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I would attach a 2x4 on each side of my 4 wheeler. I would attack it to the foot rest and attach a piece of sheet metal to each one. Bye bye zombies.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
That all depends. Are we talking "Dawn of the Dead" zombies or "Shaun of the Dead" zombies?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by midwest0013
That all depends. Are we talking "Dawn of the Dead" zombies or "Shaun of the Dead" zombies?

whats the difference?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

well.a gun would be better
that good ole 1911 A1

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Give me an ordinary sword, broadsword, or axe any day over a katana....damn overhyped Japanese stuff

Protect yourself from zombies? Just wear a layer of chainmail underneath covered in plated steel over the top....yeah you'll be slower but what zombie can get through steel?!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
No offense, but I find it very hard to believe you have a true Katana. First, they haven't folded Katanas that many times in centuries. Second, just to have one folded 1800 times which would be considered a true usable blade is reserved for the extremely wealthy and respected families. You may have one folded 400 times which would be considered a working blade but again that is a lot more money than most people can afford. You could have a ceremonial Katana folded 20 times as this is about the price range a teacher can afford for a passing student. You probably have a katana that is folded 3 times so that it can carry the title of hand forged and authentic in the sales brochure. Or you have an antique that would be worth enough money to move out of the city or township get out into the shire or knolls dig a home into a hill like they did in the day, fortify your doors and build traps. If this isn't the case by all means keep the katana, having something is better than nothing and hey you get to find out just how strong it is and you can verify I was wrong.

Other wise, I would suggest going to your local sporting goods and camping supplies and picking yourself up a couple of machetes. They are stronger, hold an edge longer, and hack as well as cut. They are smaller and more maneuverable but much larger than your buck. And you have two for probably less than you paid for the Katana, So when you whack one in the head and the machete gets stuck you have a back up.

Since Kevlar is for stopping rounds not blades and teeth don't waste your money on it, do it the old way. Go get yourself a bunch of wire hangers and make chain mail. Chances are they are not shooting at you but they may have the instinct to grab a blunt or bladed weapon that the chain mail can withstand, and I doubt they will have the strength to bite through the chain mail. Seriously, If you are thinking hand to hand arm yourself as such.

You should live in a hill with two doors, one reinforced door as a main entrance, and another reinforced one down a tunnel for escape if need be, but a destruct trap set for the off chance they get in to keep them in(buried). If you are on the moors the water table should be high allowing for fresh water. The food? Thats what the bow is for don't waste it on the zombies except in a last ditch move. The amount of arrows you have is finite and it is nice to be able to pull it out and use it again. You can ask any bow hunter you will loose arrows. And for gods sake find a woman to rescue.

Edit to say: If you choose to stay in the city or township I guess the back of a rubbish truck would work for your overnights as they are reinforced steel.

edit on 27-4-2011 by Agarta because: see above

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Exactly what I was trying to say on my post on page 1, REAL katana's aren't cheap which middle-class people can afford...besides, how much more badarse would you look if you were armoured to the teeth like a knight, with an axe or some huge claymore rather than some bloke in kevlar with a flimsy sword which breaks after a zombie or two

edit on 27-4-2011 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by Wulfric because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
i reckon a hell raiser type suit would be cool, spikes all over the place,

some shoes like data from the goonies and also his punching glove that comes out of his jacket
the headlights thing would be good too but with stronger batteries!!

frisbees made out of good slice and dice material

some sort of flamethrower

orange gun full of coins and sharp things

one of those guitar cases on wheels like in desperado that u could drive around and blow up

make up to dress up like a zombie like bill murray in zombieland
and maybe to dress up a cute fresh zombie for companionship

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm just in it for the brains

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A bat never needs reloading.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthSeeker1996
The symptoms of gradual zombification, after becoming infected, are as follows: :

1. A growing limp in your stride

2. Trouble communicating properly within society; characterized by clumsiness, incompetence, apathy and selfishness

3. Difficulty perceiving reality for what it actually is

4. Wanting to engourge on your fellow human and his or her own brains

This disease has been classified as follows:
"IGNORANCE"

Or President of the United States of America.

My weapons of choice, Roof top position with a chainsaw on a pole, 50 gallon drum of fuel, .338 Beretta Sako 85 Kodiak w/ a Burris 33mm 12x50 scope, my recently purchaced Benelli M2 Tactical 12ga. and 2000+ rounds and shells.

I have a 1/2 inch steel plate cover for my attic access, and an emergency escape hatch to my roof, half a pallet of MRE's and several 10 gallon jugs of fresh water.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
AK47, semi auto shotgun, and a BOB is all you need. As long as you have that killer instinct somewhere inside ya!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal

Originally posted by midwest0013

whats the difference?

In shaun of the Dead they were slow and dumb, in Dawn of the dead sprinting and completely nuts!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
why kill the zombies? you never know they could be useful like put em on treadmills and bam free energy. $4.00 a gallon for gas??? hop on the back of a zombie and ride him into town. problem solved... lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How about tannerite used to trigger clouds of fuel into an overpressure explosive. Set up concealed 55gal fuel drums and use paint sprayers with up pointing nozzles, pressurized with propane cylinders hooked up with solenoid valves Set up a series of 5lb tannerite charges with a bright target facing towards your covered and concealed position. Just turn on the fuel jets when the zombies approach your kill zone and then when the fuel cloud has peaked in volume detonate your tannerite charge. Lots of zombies gone and more charges left for the next wave. All the while you are like 600 meters away. Home brew FAD area denial system for zombie control on the cheap.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

looks like covered alot of basics, but don't forget about shelter, and food.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

this should give you some more ideas

best part is that tannerite is legal for civilian purchase that is of course until some idiot congressman bans it.
edit on 26-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Probably would have been smarter to have taken that shot from at least 300-400 meters out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join