It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain - Home to Pleisosaurs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As many of you may know, England and Scotland both belong to Great Britain. Therefore, the English Channel and Loch Ness Lake are obviously close to eachother.

I've been browsing several cryptozoology sites and came across this:

www.bahnhof.se...

Scroll down until you find a picture of a black figure in the water. It may look fake at first, but the cryptozoology researchers at that site believe it to be real. Now examine the picture(s) closely. It resembles that of a pleisosaur but more importantly, it resembles the eyewitness accounts of Nessie (two humps, long neck, small head, amphibious, etc.). Keep in mind, this creature was photographed and sighted around the English Channel.

Now, my theory is that Britain is just a home for several Nessies/Pleisosaurs. Afterall, Loch Ness Lake and the English Channel are not too far apart and sightings of creatures lurking in the area(s) are identical. What does everyone else think?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
Now, my theory is that Britain is just a home for several Nessies/Pleisosaurs

Your theory?

How did these plesiosaurs survive the several ice ages? If they've managed to survive for the past 65 million years, then why aren't their fossils found ever in strata that date within that time period? Why so few sightings for an extremely large population of extremely large animals all across britain? Interestingly there was recently a plesiosaur fossil found at loch ness

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Richard Forrest, a plesiosaurus expert at the New Walk Museum in Leicester, England, said: "The fossil's general appearance, and the presence of holes made by burrowing sponges, shows it has spent some time in the sea, probably [with] beach pebble[s]. Yet Loch Ness contains freshwater."

Also its apparently in a type of stone that isn't associated with loch ness.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Scroll down until you find a picture of a black figure in the water. It may look fake at first, but the cryptozoology researchers at that site believe it to be real.

Yes, and judging by the literary sophistication of the article, I imagine these scientists have at least a third grade education, possibly some fourth. So we can believe them.

Most of that stuff is complete fabrication. The photo is OBVIOUSLY fake.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is why the photo is fake:

jeffthefish.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The picture may be fake, but its not the first time ive heard that nessie might be a plesiosaur, I think i was told it at school.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
images look as fake as u can get

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffthefish
Here is why the photo is fake:
jeffthefish.com...

I think the first photos are fake, but why the one you posted there proves it? I don�t get it...

Never mind...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It resembles that of a pleisosaur but more importantly, it resembles the eyewitness accounts of Nessie (two humps, long neck, small head, amphibious, etc.).

I�ve seen many drawings of plesiosaurs, but never seen one with two humps. I don�t think Nessie is a plesiosaur. And what�s more, in the case plesiosaurs survived the massive dino extinction, in this last 65 millions years, they surely must have evolved into something else, maybe smaller.

In my opinion Nessie is more like a big lake snake or eel. I still believe there�s something unknown down there.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If there is a creature in the bottom of that Loch then it has perfected the art of being invisible to radar

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
[ And what�s more, in the case plesiosaurs survived the massive dino extinction, in this last 65 millions years, they surely must have evolved into something else, maybe smaller.

If it may have evolved into something smaller, it may have evolved to have two humps....

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
bad photoshop

images look as fake as u can get

The image dates back to 1976. Photoshop wasn't invented back then.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sariel
If there is a creature in the bottom of that Loch then it has perfected the art of being invisible to radar

You mean sonar? Radar only detects air.

I�ve seen many drawings of plesiosaurs, but never seen one with two humps. I don�t think Nessie is a plesiosaur. And what�s more, in the case plesiosaurs survived the massive dino extinction, in this last 65 millions years, they surely must have evolved into something else, maybe smaller.

In my opinion Nessie is more like a big lake snake or eel. I still believe there�s something unknown down there.

I like to believe that it is a pleisosaur, but whatever it is it sure seems to love to roam around Britain.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenometric
If it may have evolved into something smaller, it may have evolved to have two humps....

Maybe yes, but it wouldn�t be a plesiosaur anymore...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

Originally posted by xenometric

Maybe yes, but it wouldn�t be a plesiosaur anymore...

lol of course not. maybe a bihumpasaurus or something......

And if it does exist, i wonder if loch ness is the only place. I would be surprised if a creature could survive all these years but in only one place.

But then the money spider is native to the small town of beaulieu, south uk, so it could be.....

top topics

join