It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia will back out of U.N. deal if Libya conflict escalates...Could this trigger WORLD WAR 3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Russia warns over new U.N. resolution on Libya

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia said on Tuesday it will not support any United Nations Security Council resolutions on Libya which could escalate the conflict in the North African nation, local news agencies reported."If a resolution leads to a further escalation of a civil war by any means, including outside intervention, we will not be able to support this," Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was quoted as saying by Interfax news agency.Russia, a veto-wielding permanent U.N. Security Council member, abstained last month from the vote on a resolution authorizing force to protect civilians in Libya by enforcing a no-fly zone.But Russia's leaders have repeatedly criticized the extent of the coalition operation.Initially, leaders of the NATO Western military alliance had ruled out sending ground troops to Libya, but EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said last week the bloc's members would consider such a step if the U.N. requested it.
..SOURCE

In my opinion,if the U.N. and coalition forces keep dismissing Russia and Chinas words that they might have a bigger problem on their hands...If the keep rubbin these2 nations he wrong way and pretending like they dont matter I feel that they will either start supplying more and better weopons to coutries likeLibya or they may just step in with force..Could this be the start of WORLD WAR 3? i think tht theyare ignoring the on purpose to piss them off..just opinion...
edit on 26-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Could do...

But nahhhhh. Think i'll think positively about this one

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
UN was always a big joke...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
And they were also against the war in Irak, yet, it happened.
Because the russians negociated a deal with our govs : they would turn a blind eye on Irak if the rest of the world turned a blind eye on Tchechnia while they dealt with them.
Our govs made us partners in two massacre campaigns... and their tool is IGNORANCE.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hehe, the U.N. was formed from the League of Nations which was intiated at the end of WWI to suppress Germany's military and economic powers and later to allow the formation of Israel. Control is its game, and it plays the game well. I somehow don't think Russia would easily be able to withdraw from the U.N.

In this myriad of misguided diplomacy, "world peace" becomes synonymous with "world domination".

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
thats what I heard too, and our conversation went deeper than that. We deduced they will use Nuke first strike Russia on the Atlantic Shore, China on the Pacific Shore, both will use Submarines (china and russia are joining at the hip) and they have "real grievances" cough - I dont think the UN can resolve it if you know what I mean. Gerald Celente is who we were talking about and his projections and my friend who is a avidid bible reader (ATS got him into it). with webster tarpley and bob chapman all taken into account and not to forget who we were listening too when we started the conversation - Dr. Paul Craig Roberts yesterday on Infowars.com

Yeaup~! WWIII is in the making - the world is humming like a bumble bee except us... were still on welfare... I guess we are to lose this next war.... after all we are the aggressor nation - no doubt about it.... some one is gonna clean our clock - just like we use to do to other people..... the clock always comes back to 12....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think Russia and China are both intelligent and experienced enough to understand that the growth of their nations could be slowed by being involved in needless wars.

If they stay in the background then one day they will be way more powerful than the US and UK could ever imagine.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Didn't Russia (and China) abstain on the Libya issue?

They should have grown a pair and vetoed if they really had a problem with it.

Russia won't get mad until we (either us or Israel) starts bombing Syria back to the stone age.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Well since what they are upset about is wealthy interests associated with the EU, America, Canada, etc., making a grab for all the resources in the Mid East, I dont know that I can agree with you that it would be in their best interests to sit this one out.

Honestly, its surprising they have let the greed and resources grabbing in the Mid East go as far as it has. Why wouldnt either of those nations (China and Russia) want a cut of the pie? Of course they do.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
Could this be the start of WORLD WAR 3?/quote]

Very astute observation and yes actually I think it started a while ago between china Russia and the USA and its puppets in Nato...
I've seen China moving aggressively in the financial sectors and recently they have geared up their arms support to several of their allies least of which is not Pakistan. We're talking several nuclear missiles along with all the usual goodies.

indeed this whole Libya attack is to keep China and Russia from Africa and the middle east. Certainly wont be long until we see a formal declaration of War imo its going to be a nuclear message right at Washington.

edit on 26-4-2011 by UcDat because: edit

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

China has its fingers in enough pies already and Russia has Siberia plus they both have decent relations with Iran and i would think that we would have a different mainstream fuel within the next 20 years or so as we already have the technology available now and I think if China and Russia could replace the need for oil with something either renewable or something much cheaper, then we will see a real change in the balance of power on this planet.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Personally Id suggest giving this some thought as well
could well be the OP is right I think we all feel the tension in the world right now and the massive power plays happening as TPTB play their games with our lives as the stakes.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarylHamblett
UN was always a big joke...

they won't be a joke when foreign
soldiers with blue arm bands show
up on American streets implementing
martial law under UN control which is part
of the NWO agenda.

And if Russia pulls out of the UN,
China will follow suit.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The ones that own this country... this is the plan. its like the wtc insurance deal. load it destroy it collect on it

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
UN is a bad entity.

I hope everyone backs out.

new topics

top topics

join