It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Debunk These High Radiation Videos in NC+TN...Please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh no, not from THIS guy!

Yup. BUT.

124 CPM showing on the NC video? (It goes over 1000 near the end)

I'm in NC not too far from there. Guess I'm a walking dead man?

Look, I'm into earthquakes. So perhaps the experts can explain why this is BS.

Please?

It IS BS, right? I hope?

Here's the one from East TN:

And supposedly the counter is calibrated for C-137.....
edit on Tue Apr 26th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Matching the video to this picture:
www.medcom.com...

He has the switches on "Total", not CPM.

What ever its counting, its average is 115. And in the 2nd video he covers the switches, and its average is 50.
edit on 4/26/11 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

In other words, the guy is full of it as usual, right?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Wow good eye.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes, very much so. I have used geiger counters before, they do not ever steadily climb up at and avg pace. They jump around.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Second video: Detector is set to total ( I assume it's counting gamma radiation, not alpha or beta decays ) and from minute 1:00 up to minute 2:00 it goes from 40 counts to 97 counts.

That roughly leaves us with 57 gamma counts a minute. 57 CPM is what I would describe as normal background radiation. Nothing to see here.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm actually finding his travels quite entertaining. If what I have read is correct, you pretty much have to calibrate it every time you turn it on to test, and then you have to know what the expected background is before making any kind of call on what is low or not. He and his pal, PatrioticSpace, have admitted they are just average joes, not experts and still learning and that nobody but someone with a degree has the right to tell them they are doing it wrong....all in the same breath.
So it's the dumb telling the dumber (those who send these guys $$) they are dumb but don't really care about anyone's opinion.
But they are also using Thomas Bearden, of "free energy" notoriety, as proof of their theories being right.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

And notice how they hide the position of the switch on the second video!

Yeah man, good eye for sure.

So beware ATS, this person has signed on with a member account here and goes by the name :

dutchsinsefromyoutube

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The inspector has a pancake probe mounted in the back facing out a hole in the back of the case.

www.geigercounters.com...

In the first video, He has that window laying right on the rock. So he is detecting the radioactivity of the natural rock, more than he is detecting the radioactivity in the air around him.

It has a gamma sensitivity of 3500cpm/mr/hr

57 counts would equal… 16uR.

The only thing I worry about in the second video is he has it in the case which may have alpha emitter contamination which would push up the reading.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TA, levels are way elevated all over the US. I ask that you bring you question to the monster thread - we have a number of very bright and some in the know folks here - they are watching this as we watch the quakes. thorfourwinds give some very good figures on this page of the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Cyprex

In other words, the guy is full of it as usual, right?

The youtube expert who asks for monetary donations and buys himself a new computer and gets caught red handed? Yup, that's Dutchsinse. Total fraud that guy is.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
A reading of 1237 after 10 minutes. But 1237 in what units? The reading is a "total" reading according to the display on the device. Included in this post is a link to a site that sells the device with specs. Anyone know what to make of the reading?

Inspector Alert
Handheld Surface Contamination Meter

www.medcom.com...

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

That would be 123.7 CPM over a sustained 10 min. period. At an elevation of approx. 5000 ft.

I can see why the main media dosn't give anymore attention to this.
Evidence which they obviously have access too,,,, precisely because everyone understands that their are somethings that are not fixable. So just carry on.

A Slew of Radiation Links: "On The Road With Dutchsinse" (Or "An Apology")
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/27/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

new topics

top topics

join