It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Magnets Functioned as Human ‘Jump Drive’ Devices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am curious if anyone else has researched this phenomenon (dubbed so by me since I did not know this particular result was possible), and would like to learn their results.

I had heard/read/studied a bit about magnetic therapy and its efficacy for quite a while, with varying degrees of success reported. A short time later I was gifted with a bag of natural magnetic stones.

One of my close associates had heard of a man who was able to perceive an alternate reality after x amount of time sleeping with a magnet on his forehead. I am always interested in testing out theories presented to me whenever possible, (I would have eaten the fruit in the garden!), and so I thought I would use these stones. I also talked a couple of other adults into using the stones as well.

Long story short- we did this for a few weeks, and never saw an alternate reality…however- in the interest of science, hah, I suggested we exchange magnets. The results were vivid dreams that played out scenarios absolutely foreign in both concept and design to me…yet when I relayed the dream- the person from whom I had borrowed the magnet from knew instantly the content, setting and objects involved in the dream.

Naturally, I performed a follow-up test using a different person’s magnet- with the exact result: unfamiliar/foreign concepts, emotional content, or objects resulting in instant recognition by the owner.

I then made a point to test with a ‘clean’ magnetic stone- with no adverse/ obvious result. This procedure was performed several times, with success each time.

Needless to add, we have all made a point to keep our magnets separate and clearly marked-

Also, one ‘researcher’ found the magnetic stone to be almost a ‘place marker’ with the last most relevant thought immediately brought to mind each time the magnetic stone was placed on the forehead before going to sleep, with all extraneous thought ‘wiped’ clear.

A further note- none of these markers were met when we used a ‘man-made’ magnet, regardless of strength.

I would like to hear anyone’s opinion on the matter.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What type of magnetic stone were you using? Hematite?

I like being the Guinea pig also...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

Yes, and I've added a link to a photo very similar to the ones we used. The smallest one was 1.5" x 2", if that helps/ matters/ is relevant.

www.dragon-art-work.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

Do you know if it was Ferrite or Magnetite?
Interesting post btw. I've always wondered about the properties of magnets/stones on humans, just never got any further that that though so it's interesting to hear your results

may be worth trying the other type than you tested also to see if there are any differences

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Okay, that is interesting- as it was not Ferrite. Are you going to test that out? That would be fascinating if there were similar results.

Also, the dreams were 'core belief' type dreams- in that they were strongly relevant to the person's personality, drive or fears. I felt a bit voyeuristic so did not continue the experiment.

I wondered if the 'memory' is retained or transferred? Does it copy or remove? I don't know why I found this so surprising since we stored information on magnetic tapes for years.

Do you know if magnetic beds use man-made magnets?

** let me clarify what I mean by 'man made' - as we tested with both ceramic and an iron 'bar' magnet.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Ev0lveUp because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
hi..i dont know much about how stones work but i have to share this little story with someone who could maybe have an explanation:
about 2 years ago while i was expanding my minerals collection i was struck by the beauty of a piece of malachite(hope its her name,a dark green stone).when i touched her (i think its a her,dont know why
it felt like she bonded with my hand and after 1 minute i got this refreshing menthol sensation through my arm,lasted about 1 hour.of course i bought it but it was the first and last time i experiencedsth like that.
could somebody tell me what was that about?thx

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amongyou

It's okay, I'm a huge rock collecting fan- and while I don't know about genders, every rock I have means something. I know there are sites on the web that disseminate every question you might have about any mineral, rock or gem stone. It is pretty amazing to discover how popular that topic is.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hm. Interesting.

My family runs a phis. rehabilitation clinic, and we work with magneto-therapy, but we use man-made (electromagnets) "tuned" to emit a specific kind of wave. This works at the cellular level, stabilizing the sodium/potassium pump. (Btw, that's no alternative therapy, it's a regular part of physical treatments.)
One of the devices we developed was a neurologic stimulator that was much more fine-tuned to treat neurological (duh) problems.

I've always wondered about other aplications of this tech, I even had an idea to have brain-stims with several relevant frequencies (such as the Schumann's) pre-setted to mess with. (Off course none of this would be anywhere near a patient, i'm not crazy
)
The only problem is my complete lack of any craftmanship whatsoever...
I'll have to research more about natural magnets.
Cool.!.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

I understand there are many types of magnetic therapies being developed- so thanks for the input. I am woefully ignorant on that subject. I have to admit- I was drawn to the whole thing by the story of being able to see alternate realities. >.>

That said- the hematite apparently worked differently depending on the users' 'brain preference'. Left brain visual, right brain auditory or right brain visual. I just wish I had some notes to compare.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Ev0lveUp because: hematite-magnetite/ potato-tomato

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ev0lveUp
reply to post by kbriggss

Yes, and I've added a link to a photo very similar to the ones we used. The smallest one was 1.5" x 2", if that helps/ matters/ is relevant.

www.dragon-art-work.com...

Well, that was freaky. I went to that web site, saw all those polished stones and had three I guess would be visions.

The first was, I was wearing a soft leather vest covered in stones held on by silk thread. I would touch a stone with left hand, make a quiet sound and heal with the right hand.

The second was, I had a box of crystals and would hold one in left hand, stretch out the right and depending on crystal held, different kinds of creation would spring forth (Plants, Animals, Land, Water, etc.).

The third was, I would hold a crystal in right hand and use it to destroy assigned targets.

Although, I seemed to receive a warning not to mix people and animals again. I haven't studied or worked with genes since college in early 70s. Most curious.

My muse is beating me over the head right now to pen stories about these. I may have to order some of those stones and gems to see what happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Wow.

Yeah, um, see I'm really new to all this- so I baby step through it. I can't even begin to imagine what I would do if hit with three full on visions by looking at a picture. Does this happen to you frequently? How do you ever maintain a normal day-to-day routine?

If you get any stones, will you post the results? And I'm not associated with that site- it's honestly just the closest photo to the bag of stones I was given.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

No, it doesn't happen very often. It seems to happen when I need to know something important.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I see. I would like to read what you write when you finish- if you don't mind sharing it.

I don't know how humans and animals can be considered mixed when we're actually the same- and our ills come from attempting to deny that, but I realize that's a different topic for a different venue. (Don't get me started here.)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I have never published anything. This stuff would have to be Fantasy Fiction. Most of the stuff I write is for me. I occasionally share with my best friend in Pennsylvania. I have a few short stories I may publish on some story writing web sites to see if they are any good.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Hope I don't sound pushy (?) it was just intriguing since you had such an immediate reaction.

If you do decide to write out in detail what you saw and put it somewhere, I wouldn't mind the link- unless that's gauche, in which case, never mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'll keep you in mind if I do put something together. I made an entry in my story folder with a link to this thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I just wanted to add- a benefit was more thorough sleep- regardless of duration. This proved beneficial during swing shift schedules.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That's interesting, as Chris Everard in one of his films (Enigma TV) indicated that graven images some middle-eastern people kept in their homes had lodestones inside them, and they would "speak".
edit on 26-4-2011 by grizzle2 because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There is a scientist that is doing research on abductions. He was able to produce the same visions and symptoms of people claiming to be abducted by use of a helmet that had magnets. Magnets will interfere with the signals in the brain, producing all sorts of "visions". NOT a real good idea to expose your brain to strong magnetic fields.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Does the use of an MRI to look for brain anomalies count? Do you think the MRI create the damage rather than revealing them?

<<   2 >>

join