It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What caused you to wake up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Great question,

I personally think were all born "awake" and then gradually put to sleep as time goes on.

I from before I can remember I have always been interested in the paranormal and other non main stream ideas.
I can remember at the age of about 4 trying to explain to my Mum that everything is possible and everytime a decision is made somewhere the opposite decision is made (parrallel universes) and also about reincarnation.

IMHO were born knowing the answers we just "unlearn" them as we go

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Judaism actually teaches that....

The Talmud says that before a child is born hes instructed in Torah (which means 'ìnstruction' in Hebrew) but after the child is born, an angel slaps him on the mouth (the cleft on the upper lip) and he forgets all that he learned...

This is just a esoteric way to say the Child is born with an angelic innocence. But as soon as he becomes adjusted to this reality he forgets all the basic elements he came into the world with.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

i woke up to things like ufos and ghosts when i watched a show at age 8.
i got awakened to the nwo type stuff when i saw the conspiracy theory episode on the builderbergs not even a yaer ago, it sounded to crazy but as reaserched it parts of it became more beliveable

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

LMAO

I just had the funniest mental image of some beautiful radiant angel bitch slapping some poor baby

I wonder if its one angels job and he just sits there back handing babies all day or if its the closest angel to that baby just before its born that does it?

Does the Talmud say? Can you imagine being that angel?

God giving introductions in heaven:

"This is Archangel Micheal, hes the commander of my armies"
"This is Archangel gabriel, my personal messanger to humanity"
"And this is Archangel Steve, Bitch slapper of babies"

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I was "born this way."

I never believed in imaginary authority figures, the "government," or "god." As 6 year old, I openly questioned (at first respectfully) the notion that god was always watching us. It wasn't until after I saw how dissent was treated by the majority of sleeping humans that my tactics became more confrontational. By 15 I was arranging hardcore punk shows to benefit the homeless and openly questioning GE's collaboration with the military industrial complex. That was 1985, and my wakefulness has only become more pronounced since.

Of course, I don't believe that the purpose of being "awake" is to blindly believe every Bigfoot tale, UFO video or 2012 conspiracy theory that comes down the pike. The purpose of being awake is to always deny ignorance, and to fight superstition with fact-based methodologies, logic and reason.

There is little point in waking up from the BS reality tunnel foisted on us by the ruling elite, if we eagerly fall asleep in the first charlatan tunnel we happen to stumble into sans coffee.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I got into an argument with some dude from Germany playing BF2 and chatting in ventrillo.
I can still remember him telling me I was an ignorant American. The argument was over 911, and I new without a doubt that some terrorists from Afghanistan bombed the WTC and Pentagon. Finally he challenged me to go "research for myself". I did. He was right.
Wish I could find that dude again and apologize for being such a closed minded fool. Shortly after I found ATS and the rest is history.

And yes sometimes I wish I would have taken the blue pill....so does my wife.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well, I bought an iPod Touch for Christmas of Freshman year, and eventually Jail Broke it. There is a bunch of free applications for a Jail Broken iPod Touch, and a free movie streamer was in the media section, I downloaded it, and found a bunch of movies to watch.

I ended up coming across a movie called 'Endgame', by Alex Jones. That freaked the piss out of me, scared me to death! I prayed to God for months to help humanity defeat these horrible rich people who want to hurt us.. yada yadaaa

But since then, I have learned so much. Probably one of the most educated (awake) Juniors in high school. I don't think there are many other kids in school that are awake. Sadly
All my friends refuse to look at the evidence for Illuminati, and call me an idiot. Oawwh well.

But still, Alex Jones woke me up. He can be crazy sometimes, but he is very dedicated!
edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah, I found ATS sometime last year, after kicking myself in the face for being ignorant. But still, sometimes I wish I took the blue pill sometimes as well. Only when I feel bad about the world though

edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ive had alot of "awakenings" so to say but it all started on 6/01/10 when I was on my way home from visiting my cousins in Vegas and I've always told my parents to leave at around 5 p.m. so by the time we were out of traffic and in the middle of the desert it was dark and I could enjoy listening to music more and while listening I just started thinking about all this crazy interesting topics like UFO'S and other conspiracy theories. Later on in the summer I was told by my friend from this band Bonded by Blood about the conspiracy theories that influenced there new album so he gave me some movies to watch and obviously Zeitgeist was on the list of movies he gave me so that definitely changed my view on everything. Then around September I was on a lyrics website looking up the meaning of this song called "The Heaviest Matter of the Universe" and someone said that it was probably about '___' and that opened the doors to metaphysics for me.
edit on 26-4-2011 by ElectricRed49 because: missing words

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My senior year of high school. I had a government teacher that hated the government (oh, the irony). He said it wasn't his job to teach us, but to open our eyes.

He made some great points, always pointed out things that we didn't notice, he wanted change.

Most of the kids shrugged him off as the "lunatic" teacher...he wasn't a lunatic...he was smart! I always listened to what he said but didn't think much of it. Two years have now passed, and I'm realizing how right he was. I wish I could describe all the things he taught me without even ME realizing it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a member on this forum

I truly woke up after the earthquake in Japan, I'm not sure why, but something changed about the way I looked at everything. I'm still trying to figure it all out, and I'm sure I'll be trying for a very, very long time.

I think I might send that man a message, I have some questions that I'm sure he'd be glad to answer.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Avyuir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
On and off my entire life I’ve been open to and interested in “out-there” topics, but nothing earth-shattering or life-altering. There have been many factors.

But I’d have to say for me it officially started full-swing back in 2008 in Las Vegas on a short trip. I’m a relatively accomplished amateur photographer. For example, I know what a lens flare is, I know what chromatic aberration looks like. I know my camera; I know lighting, and I certainly know what dust on the sensor looks like. Anyway, post-trip I was at home editing and reviewing photos on my large monitor and noticed something that truly defied explanation. I have a very clear recollection of what I saw with my own eyes, what the lighting conditions were, etc., and what showed up on the memory card didn’t exactly sync. Nor did the series of snaps before and after.

That, then seeing one (yes a ufo) real-time, up close and personal a year later changed how I view the world. I’m always looking up now, both figuratively and literally.

There are other things, but that is what set me off so to speak; and following that an absolutely unquenchable thirst for knowledge. I’ve learned (perhaps “understood” is a better word?) more in these past few years than I ever did in my entire University career. The world is so full of wonder I’m constantly sleep-deprived because I can’t get enough learning/living in. I never stop questioning things, and I try never sit too firm in any one belief so that it closes me off from exploring or considering new ideas. I weigh everything out, and logic generally defines how I make sense of the world. But in my own experience, I have learned that there are things that “logic” can’t define/can’t make sense of and these are the things that amp up that sense of wonder. Living and weighing things from the heart I’ve personally found, is always a better route.

No one can truly convince or persuade anyone to see differently, or to trigger the “wake up” - everyone has to come to their own knowing on their own terms. It can’t be forced or reasoned or swayed. One day you just have a paradigm shift for whatever, and you can never go back to un-knowing that the world and its underpinnings are not what you thought they were.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Many things over a long period of time, but I really have to thank my parents. My mother started my interest in the paranormal. As a child we would do experiments with communication via the mind. My father is a touch psychic- most of his relatives are. But in terms of conspiracy, I think it was the death of Diana. I was actually thinking about this the other day hearing about all the "royal wedding" hububaloo. That's when I realized not all was what it seemed.

By the way, I found this site after a conversation with my father. He is 85 years old. At the time, 2008/2009ish, said that we were gonna have major upheavals and riots. He wanted us to prepare.

Worst thing though, and I hope he is wrong, is that he said he'll be gone next year.
. I have no doubt that he will still be looking out for me, but his little girl will still miss him terribly.
edit on 4/26/2011 by Lolliek because: dang droid autocorrect!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Have been interested in the UFO, alien abductions and other esoteric subjects for a while. Books by P. J. Orourke and Michael Moore opened up a lot of the troubles going on, 'Stupid White Men' is a depressing story. What really done it for me was in reviewing 9/11 a couple of years ago. Up until then I accepted the official story and was thinking about working for the military. After seeing how WTC 7 fell everything quickly turned upside down and I had to re-evaluate everything. Now I trying to understand how a nation could do this to itself and continue to cover it up. Stories like the Monarch Project and Dulce Wars do make sense when looking at the big picture of what is going on.

All this stuff with Libya, the underwear bomber, wikileaks and others is about a war we do not see, that is why we are losing. Individualism is under attack with corporate rule as the new monarchy. When I look at how the world works I do not like it, I don't know if I can change it, I am concerned about what I am going to do about it, for now I am still learning about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong
Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo
And spring became the summer
Who'd believe you'd come along

Yeah, for me, it was 'sweet caroline'

Cracklin rosie was just a tease.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
In 1996 I visited Orlando, Florida.

I was 14 at the time. I was in wet n wild checking some thing's in the souvenier shop.

I really dont know why but I turned around and saw a stand full of string neclaces with a silver pyramid and an eye on it.
I bought two of them.
Then I went back home. Went to see my father at work to give him his present. He opened it and laughed and joked with his friend. His exact words were, "Look Clive, what a coincidence".

Later on my dad told me he was a mason. Still to this day, that was the defining moment for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A nightmare.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am sure being born a person that naturally questions everything, has played it's part and having an enlightened, non-judgemental and alternatively inclined grandfather has given me a massive advantage! A man that meditated for world peace at 3pm every day and had yogic flying parties; that questioned authority and the reality constructed by the media; that read widely and shared his many varied interests verbally with those around him. What child wouldn't be enthused by a man that allowed you the freedom to grow and express yourself without judgement! His paranormal experiences were fascinating (if not a little scary as I myself experienced things that I couldn't explain). His zest for life and determination to go his own was a constant source of amazement. Living in an inner city, he used to get his friend to bring a goat round to mow his lawn!

Again, I would say that it would be a combination of events and experiences over time that have played their part.Having a curious nature and such positive early influences were the building blocks. A history teacher that celebrated my non- conformist attitude and inspired a love of learning in me played his part. As did a sociology lecturer who enabled me to sharpen my analytical and evaluative skills (combined with the more fundamental blocks of her lectures- question everything in a societal sense- whose reality). My love of reading and appreciation of the fact that books have messages to pass on if you consider them in more depth is also a factor. My realisation, that authority and the law are constructs and that justice and truth are not mutual friends, aged 17, allowed me to understand in real terms that it is better to create your own version of reality than conform with the status quo.

My grandfather's death and decision to learn yoga helped centre myself within myself and made me feel more connected to the universe/ others around me. It began my own spiritual awakening, whereby I became more aware of the energy around me and helped me become more comfortable with the strange experiences I have always experienced. My wiccan friends and the knowledge of balance they bestowed upon me (along with knowing how to shut myself down and surround myself with protective light when necessary) was also a fundamental influence. It is good to be aware of the worlds that exist around us- spirits of positive and negative forces, the way individuals can give off positive and negative energy and the way we can harness the earth's energy and how it nurtures and sustains us. They were right when they told me that we are alive on this plane and should be focused on how we are living and learning and not to become too over-focused on any one element.

Balance. Respect. Let go of negativity/ resentment no matter how badly you have been hurt, as the person these feelings damage most are you. Do unto others as you would want done to yourself. Keep your heart and mind open. Be childlike in all things (enjoy and appreciate things). Question and consider everything- your motivations/ others motivations- look at the bigger picture. What can you learn from every situation- how can it help you grow? Be kind to others and send positive energy into the universe that all of our energies create. These are some of the things that I have learned through the experiences that have awakened me , personally, in my life so far.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
ZZzZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzZzZzzZzzzZzZzZZZzZzzZZzZZZzZZzzzZZZzzzzzZZZzzzZzZzZzZZZZzzZZzzzzz..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Watching thepilot episode of "The Lone Gunmen" in January 2001, then seeing it happen in real life that September.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
My awakening came, when I discovered so many of our presidents, founding fathers and revolutionary leaders were Freemasons and skull and bones members . And when I discovered the horrific genocides perpetrated by them in Vietnam war, Iraq war, Afghanistan war, I thought it's time to join the truth brigade.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4ddf839223a.jpg[/atsimg]

"Speaking the truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act." --- George Orwell.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-4-2011 by illuminazislayer because: a revolution is coming.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Former military, about the biggest nationalist possible until I actually did some research myself.

I would have hated the present me with a passion. Funny how things work out

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join