It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Down? Ride On....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It doesn't matter how down I get. This song has always been the one to pull me through. Doesn't necessarily make me happy. It gets me through. And that's what counts. It gives me the ability to repeatedly flip off anything bad that can and does happen when I might not have it without this song.

Sure there are others. But they are more for specific times. Ride On is global. No matter what, when nothing else will work, I just listen to Bon Scott sing....

Broke another promise
And I broke another heart
But I ain't too young to realize
That I ain't too old to try
Try to get back to the start
And it's another red light nightmare
Another red light street
And I ain't too old to hurry
Cause I ain't too old to die
But I sure am hard to beat.....

The effects of this song on me go all the way back to my teens. Just a few years after Bon died. Maybe one day I'll start a thread on ATS about what gets me down. But for now...I just want to say what gets me through.

What song(s) get you guys through the tough times?
Post 'em here! And let's Ride On, and rock out together!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Great tune man S+F!!

Music plays a huge part in my life too,im totally obsessed and love the way it changes mood,id listen to music all daylong if possible if it wasnt for my crappy job!!!
Theres so many to choose from, but for me when im down i love to slap on anything from the first two Verve albums,if youve never heard them, they are the two albums before they brought out their famous one ''Urban Hymns'' which was good but not a patch on their First two:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I know this reeks of the 90's, but it's still a classic in my book.

Can't forget this guy either:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

its hard to pick just one.. these are a good start.

edit on 4/26/2011 by -W1LL because: howlin

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh hmmm, this song always seems to put me in a good mood. Not because of the lyrics, just the beat. There is another one I like for cheering myself up, when i remember what it is i'll post it.

new topics

top topics

join