It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we live in Binary Star System?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, we are April 2011 and still not seeing Nibiru. So, would it be right to say that the proof in that video is no proof at all?

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by ATSecretAgent

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ya I definatly can see where your coming from. The wording NASA used is very confusing. But everything else on that Nasa site is talking about the brown dwarf star. Also the video that you told me to watch is the comets and asteroid census......dwarf star isnt part of that category so that video is off topic. This topic is about a Binary Solar System....which has to do with a dwarf star........Which NASA has only found one in its WISE mission which is pretty interesting.

NONE THE LESS. NASA HAS FOUND A DWARF STAR ONLY ONE!!!!! come on...they only found one in the WISE program....lol so I think we are a Binary system. You gotta read between the lines mate

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Interesting idea
to say the least.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Those results are preliminary. The full results wont be available till next year at the earliest. That video was the extended WISE mission you're referring too. I don't see any brown dwarf there.

And you're looking in the wrong place. Current theories suggest this twin star (brown dwarf) or possible extra solar body is out in, or past, the Oort cloud. Far beyond the edge of the solar system.

Read the science on Brown Dwarfs, then you will see why there isn't one in between Jupiter and the Earth.

Oh, and it is expected that WISE will find many more Brown Dwarfs, which are suspected to be just as abundant as Red Dwarfs, the most common star in the galaxy.

And yes I know what the topic is about, I created it. Did you read the OP? I am merely trying to counter your theory with solid evidence.
edit on 27/4/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Very good post S&F I think you made the nibiru believers cry lol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The Brown Dwarf discovered by WISE

Ahemm....18-30 lightyears away.

Thanks to Acidtastic for finding the journal entry.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thank you, OP, for a very well thought out post. I have been super interested in this issue for almost a decade (since I heard about it), but I dont buy into the whole Nibiru idea. It's refreshing to see some REAL scientific fact and not a bunch of speculation. It seems the more I look into this subject the more I realize that if there is a brown star companion to our sun, then its a natural part of our solar system, and there is really no point in fear-mongering about it. I'm more fascinated than afraid. Is it there? Is it not there? The answer is we just don't know.

I kinda wanted to go into the whole Nibiru thing and say that its all speculation. "Its coming from the south pole!" Speculation. "It has 7 planets!" Speculation. "They built a telescope in Antarctica to view it!" While, yes, the telescope is there, you are SPECULATING about its purpose. These are just a few of the so called "facts" people rely upon to support fear-mongering. I'm really not against the idea, in fact I've done lots of research on Nibiru because I find it really interesting. I just DEMAND real evidence and all I've ever found was speculation.

Sorry, I went a little off-topic there. Just had to get that off my chest.

And, sorry for any typos, typing on a very tiny keyboard.

edit on 27-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by ProjectBlue because: grammarz sry

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

I am really interested in reading more about what you have put forth here. Perhaps you can start a thread expanding on this information? I too believe that another ice age is in our near future. Do you ever visit www.iceagenow.com?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

great thread!

What about about the possibility that Elenin IS Nibiru?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Well formatted thread, i'm glad you just stuck to the science, the doomwishers won't like this much, but those of us inclined to critical thinking will surely be linking back to this thread constantly.

Well done sir!

We can't figure out how many shots were fired at Kennedy, how the pyramids were built or what dolphins are saying but we figure out how old a dinosaur egg is and how the sun works? Does this not seem a little odd to you?
It's all bullsh*t, a guy in a wheelchair understands black holes? We see something we don't understand and someone comes up with a theory we don't understand so it must be correct.
This is the hubris that is filling the world with radiation, destroying the climate and will eventually lead to our destruction. Stop being ignorant and do your own thinking for a change, when a scientist speaks plug your ears.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

great thread!

What about about the possibility that Elenin IS Nibiru?

So an object, larger than Jupiter (according to those that believe) is currently just outside the mars orbit?

Basic science and common sense has ruled this out.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanYouHandleTheTruth
This explains why "Nemesis" might be hard to spot. Go to 34:55 and start watching.

So here's the guy who was one of the writers of that original article in 1984, that proposed that way may be in a binary star system. A very interesting lecture here. The quote that stands out from him....."people might assume that since it hasn't been discovered, it then means that it has been disproven". According to him, it has not been disproven at all.

This lecture needs it's own thread....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The 1995's estimation of the amount of binary stars vs single stars, was wrong.
There are more single stars than binary systems.

Astronomers Had it Wrong: Most Stars are Single

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Yes, the chance of planets remaining in orbit.
Around one or both stars in a binary system, is small.

Here's one though..

Surprise Discovery: Two Planets, Two Stars, One System

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
how about this

what if elenin is in direct alignment with the brown dwarf star, which is actuary very far out but big and close enough to be causing natural disasters ??

maybe it's way way behind elenin

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Excelent post of yours!

I wonder.. If we were living on a binary system shouldnt we be perceiving yet by some means in 10.000 years of astronomical observation the Sun slighltly and slowly moving to its barycenter?

Im betting for a 10th Planet a lot more than a Sister Star

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

If you're talking about eclipsing binaries which this system is, then yes it is a small chance. However, our system is not an eclipsing binary. If we do have a companion star, it is a very long orbit binary star that has not been confirmed or dis-proven yet.

The tenth planet scenario I too reckon is more of a sure bet than companion star. I think we will have our answer in the next 2 years or so.

Oh wait, 2012 is comin......

edit on 27/4/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

10 AU is very close indeed.
"Niburu" can not be that close.. we would have seen it.

Mean Distances to the Sun of our planets in AU:
0.39 Mercury
0.72 Venus
1.00 Earth
1.52 Mars
5.20 Jupiter
9.54 Saturn
19.18 Uranus
30.06 Neptune

Table of Planets

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSecretAgent
reply to post by Mogget

I for the life of me cant find the diagram I saw which shows all the stages the sun goes through once it's finished it's main hydrogen fusion stage.

It's right here:
A Stars life stages

Our Sun is too small to become a nova or super nova.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razz123
CHECK OUT THIS LINK
NASA HAS NOW CONFIRMED FINDING A BROWN DWARF STAR BETWEEN THE BELT OF JUPITER AND MARS. READ BETWEEN THE LINES, IT IS OUT THERE. THIS NASA DOCUMENT WAS POSTED FEB 18TH

www.nasa.gov...

Nothing on that page, suggest any brown dwarf inside Jupiter's orbit.
They are not even looking there!
The text says they are looking in the Oort's cloud.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join