It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 year old vegitarian lady looks pretty young.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Stumbled across this video today, I realize its a couple years old, but didn't see it posted here.

My brother is really into the green smoothie thing. He went from 15 years of drinking whiskey every day to drinking green smoothies and not touching alcohol again. It was quite surprising to me.

I'm 30 and have been drinking green smoothies in the morning and really like it. Anyone else?

edit on 26-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Some BBQ sauce maybe some onions I'd give her a try

Seriously it's silly not to think that diet has a large role to play in health. Anything you can do to improve your diet is going to improve your health

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

The hardest part about eating healthy, is buying the more expensive healthy choices. I have 5 people in my family, and it is a lot harder on my check book to buy all natural healthy foods, then it is to buy junk foods...or frozen pizzas. And i think that is a large reason why so many of us from the usa are over weight. Its cheaper to go buy a dollar cheeseburger, then to go to the store and put together a healthy meal.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

I totally agree. Especially if you want to eat organic.

Just watched the movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I highly recommend.

edit on 26-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Organic is really an odd beast... Sometimes i have found veggies labeled organic to be cheaper then regular...like at Wal-mart, i buy organic spinach, and its cheaper then regular spinach...i dont know why...but there are other times when organic means 2x the price of regular food....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Why is it then, that virtually all of the young people that I know/have met that have SERIOUS health problems are vegetarians, while virtually all of the omnivores that I know are pretty consistently healthy people?

Is it possible that vegetarianism may be perfectly tolerated by many, but for some it can deprive you of essential nutrients that are difficult to obtain easily through plants?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by voiceoreason

You've definitely not met the right people.
I do believe a healthy diet is the key, veggie or not.

plus, something your body is used to from the time you were young, will always be a better choice for the simple fact your body is more used to it and processes it better.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

Thats arguable I think I dont have a large budget I do have a large family to feed and we manage fairly healthily. Some frozen french fries are probably not going to be cheaper than a bag of potatoes. I am well aware that there is a premium on organic goods but even that can be worked around by visiting local producers or growing your own.

For myself I dont think that a vegan diet is necessarily healthier than a diet that includes meat. I do think that some thought into your diet will pay for itself many times over

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's also about eating in moderation too.......

Alot of people eat to excess or too often and then wonder why they have 'grown' a little...?!

I remember reading a scientific paper about 8 years ago when they were testing life expectancies of Lab rats based on diet alone..... those fed slightly LESS than the recommend or normal diet live about 10 -15 % longer (may have been more) from memory....

The human is designed to run, jump. hunt, swim, harvest and generally be active in life, unfortunately alot slob out, veg out, drive around, use elevators, sit in front of the TV / PC etc etc...

I mean we are only another form of animal life on this planet........ yet we think we are more than that.....Are WE ??

PDUK

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wow, that is a hot 70 year old.

Yeah, diet is the thing.

Also moderate exercise, and remember to play like you did when you were a kid.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm your age-op- and have been a vegetarian(lacto-ovo-pecto) since about 16 years old. People say I look younger, but then again I'm not that old right ... Then again I don't smoke cigs and don't drink too often/in excess. I also exercise and try to eat properly for my diet. I feel some people, often new/un experienced to the vegetarian diet, eat the wrong foods and too much of it, such as only eating pastas and high carb foods instead of veggies and balancing the diet. Which causes weight gain and medical issues, giving the illusion to some people the diet is very unhealthy.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The lady in the video only looks so young because her hair is long and dyed blond.
My grandmother, a meat eater by the way, looks far younger and she is 8 years older. My grandmother hardly has any gray hair and very few wrinkles. She'll be the first to tell you that it has nothing to do with diet, staying out of the sun or low stress. I am always nagging her about her diet, its bad, REAL BAD. she lived most of her life in SoCal sun, and was a single working mother in the 50's. She does say that she never ever put chemicals on her skin such wrinkle cream or cleansers. I think it mostly has to do with genetics. Women in my family, just don't get gray hair and always look younger than their age. Yay me! If diet does play a role I am going to be one smoking hot grandma when I am in my 80's

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
The lady in the video only looks so young because her hair is long and dyed blond.

Yeah she's also wearing quite a bit of makeup. I also find it a little hard to believe shes never had any surgery her nose looks pretty fake.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

She also looks pale, remember 70 percent of wrinkles come from the sun!! Slather on that sun screen. A tan means skin damage!!! Tans are not healthy... if you like the tanned look, get a spray tan! Unless you enjoy wrinkles

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

She probably has amazing genetics, if she stayed out of the sun and took better care of herself through the years she would look even younger then she does now

new topics

top topics

join