It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connect the Facebook dots..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

From pulling personal data to matching ads to fraud cases to forever changing privacy settings to auto-detect places... hmmm.. spy seems relevant.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

you forgot using any photos you post in paid advertisements (that you don't get paid for.)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Facebook is a test to see who is dumb enough to make their own mug shot profile for the government and keep it updated for them. The Onion says it best.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
""Facebook is great! It allows me to interact with my fans without having to see, hear or smell them!"

That was right on!

And guess what, seems that it can be that easy to become a star for the CIA, awesome

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Personally I don't like facebook, but not for these reasons.

But do TPTB really need facebook to get our information?
It's not like they couldn't get the info most share on their facebooks from another means, it's not like they weren't doing this BEFORE facebook ever existed.

If you use the internet even the proxy users,no matter how stealthy you think you are, they are going to get your info.
If you use a cell phone, the same.
If you own a house, the same, you own a car, the same.
All things that were created way before facebook.

You're damned if you do or you don't, if they want your life story they will get it or already have it.

However I do think facebook made the taboo of giving out your full name on the internet obsolete.
Personally I'm more afraid of a Joe Schmoe lurking on his internet at 4am in the same town as me than I am of the government.

As for the photo rights, I just really never understood the need to plaster pictures of yourself everywhere.
Kinda goes hand in hand with the reason I dislike these sites as it produces nothing but self obsessed/pseudo self importance.
If people are willing the exploit themselves they are just welcoming others to do the same.
The people who typically indulge in these sort of things aren't privacy seekers as they display it all for anyone to see (just because something says "private" on the internet doesn't mean it is, this has been known since the birth of the internet) so I don't see why they would mind.
Once the infos out there you can't pick and choose who gets to see it.
The internet has created a world of attention seekers, they want the most friends, have most cleverest of clever status message, the "hottest" "cutest" "funniest" most commented photo.

It's just kind of trivial to me, and if TPTB use these social sites as a means for their master plans sometimes I can't help but to think it may be a great idea as no one I love or care about has one, and the people I do know that have them annoy the living hell out of me and are just bending over begging for it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
facebook IS in with the cia... do research

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is an old video on the topic.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I find it midly ironic we discuss such things as "FB is CIA" on a site such as this.

Because we're safe from Gov. spies here, right ?

Anyhow, awesome connection CD420, those letters match right up

edit on 26-4-2011 by Signals because: classified

top topics

join