It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check this one out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So I got two tickets a few years ago from state troopers. I forgot about them, and got two failure to appear warrants. I payed them off in February (still have the receipts). I go to renew my CDL today, and DPS says that I can't, because I have a failure to appear.

So I go to the court office, and they say no . . . it has been cleared with Omnibase (a third party vendor that tracks this stuff in Texas, which DPS uses for their driver's license systems). So I call Omibase. They say that it has not been cleared by the court, and the court needs to do it. I call the court back, and they say that they already did it once, and they will get around to doing it the next time that they send their files. I asked them to send the information to DPS, and the court said that they will not, because DPS will not accept it.

I go back to DPS with my receipts, showing that I am clear, but DPS says that they can't do anything unless it is cleared by Omnibase. I bring up Texas Administrative Code Title 37 RULE §15.118, which states "The local political subdivision (court) shall file a clearance report when there is no cause to continue to deny renewal of a person's driver license. In all cases when a clearance report is required, the political subdivision (court) shall notify the department or the department's designee within a reasonable time not to exceed five business days. The clearance report shall identify the person, state whether or not a fee was required, advise the department to lift the denial of renewal and state the grounds for the action. "

In other words, my record should have been cleared a week after I payed, but it has not. Furthermore, it says that the court shall notify the department or the designee. But DPS refuses anything from the court, saying it HAS to go through the designee, even though the law says that either the department or the designee is an option.

In essence, I no longer have a drivers license, and will lose my job in two weeks because no one wants to claim responsibility, and my driver's license is stuck in limbo.

And they wonder why people go postal

edit on 4/26/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That's the system for you.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Now that is really unfair, you should of gotten a driver's licence from the beginning, Now they are denying it, which is not good.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That'll teach you to not kill someone while drunk driving... THEY never get those pesky problems to get back their driver's license! Sheesh... ( I hope everyone knows it was sarcasm? )

Administrations are so moronic...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah . . .

I agree with you all.

Oh well. What can you do. We are all going to hell in a hand basket anyways.

lol

Just like the whole credit system. To buy something, you need credit. To get credit, you have to buy something.

I hate these circular craptastic systems where nobody wants to do anything.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

To buy something, you need credit. To get credit, you have to buy something.

We had a popular song where I live that said about the same thing... A few years later, the singer apparently stabbed himself, slowly, in the heart...

I went for about 10 years without ANY kind of ID on me, or even left at home. Everywhere I went, they asked for 3-4 IDs before I could have the right to anything.
But they provided; all I could show was the telephone bill... They had no choices... If we all keep on bending to their demands, it's no wonder we get screwed so hard...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This is a very serious thread, it could affect every single person who is on their list. Most people are not upfront like you and pursue the issue.

GET an ATTORNEY asap.

Let us know.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I was actually thinking about that, but did not know if I had any ground to stand on.

I am talking with a Constable friend of mine. He is seeing if he can get the issue cleared up.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by NowanKenubi

I am not suicidal by a long shot. Heh.

Just wish that we could fix the borked systems that we have.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Sure you have grounds to stand on and if you find an attorney who disagrees then keep looking because you do have a right.

Meantime, keep all of your paperwork in order and if you get stopped produce it all to the cop.

The other option is to apply for a diplomatic or international DL while this gets sorted out.

International Lis.
www.youtube.com...=24

Diplomatic:
it.wikipedia.org...
iplomatic-drivers-license.PNG

edit on 26-4-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Cool. Will look into it.

As for getting an attorney . . . I will start shopping around.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I was not thinking you were suicidal...
Just that the singer has been suicided... Should have put it between these... " "

I wish you the best in your resolution of this problem. It is one of those situations people just skip, thinking it is all inconsequential...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

It gets better.

check out the signs that they have posted all over the DPS building:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bb357e7a2ea.jpg[/atsimg]

1st Amendment? Hello?

I think I will start a new thread on that picture. *lesigh*

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well it does not mention 'slang'. So to use off words like Fracking or sheet head will be acceptable then. Good that settled...

Now really, WTF mate? HA! There's another way around this idiotic RWF attempt at social control, use only text speak when addressing them.

This is becoming the indoctrination into Chinas take over of our country. These are the types of things that are bound to happen as we lose America to the USOC (United states of china)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

This one is for you, hope this all gets straightened out to your satisfaction soon, but yeah, this ones for you and one possible way to handle this awful situation...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-4-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join