It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Who gave NATO right to kill Gaddafi?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
And we can't even maintain control in either Afghanistan or Iraq by themselves.

And you think we could handle Russia thrown in on top of it all?

Pfffffffffffft.

Iraq is pretty much over for the US. We are pulling out. Most of the violence is Sectarian in nature now. Which we have nothing to do with. It's Been a Sunni/Shia thing going back for hundreds of years. [ If you have issues with that take it up with either Iran or Saudi Arabia]. They were and are the ones funding and supporting opposing forces that needlessly extended the conflict for two years or more with our boys caught in the middle. Most of our Combat units have either left or are in the process of doing so.

I also recall Afghanistan not exactly being a vacation spot for Russians eh?
Something to the tune of over 18,000 killed of missing

Now that the US has officially been in Afghanistan longer than the Soviets were, what are US casualties?

ETA: Source
edit on 27-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I agree.. with Putin...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Oh i'm sorry, the deathstar will be fully operational, young jedi. In other words, buisness as usual. get it. Oil will continue to begotten, so live with it. They will all fight for this black gold. Like it or not, there is nothing you can do, ok. So live with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It seems the lines in the sand are slowly being drawn, and with time and in eventuality something has to give and lines will be crossed, when interests are breached.

So who gave NATO the right to kill Qaddafi? lol. Who gave anybody any right to do anything? What has Putin all of a sudden got a heartfelt appreciation for his fellow man? What does any nation in NATO have a heartfelt appreciation for any other nation that is not greasing there palms?

What does anybody do anything if it is not in there interest? Oh lol people still think there is a Good and Bad side to war, or anything in this whole world in general.

Whats the difference between this liberation of Libya and the liberation of any other place or country or peoples done by any and every other world power in the history of the world?... The answer to that question lies in another question...What is the difference between Coke and Pepsi?

Ah it's freaking hilarious, why do people bother writing things, and drawing lines in the sand. Because the lines in the sand are always subject to change, and will change. There really is nothing to say, so a vid should do.

After all, "Everybody knows about it, from the queen of england to the hounds of hell" And as that old saying says, that there is nothing new under the sun, so chose your side in the upcoming battles, it's either the Coke side or the Pepsi side, but more sides can be added as deemed fit.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by stealthsurfer

Bullcrap. That is a flat out lie. One, this "entire forum" never agrees on anything. Ever. So dont exaggerate to try and bolster your point of view. Secondly, there have been plenty of voices including mine ALL the way back to the initial reports about this being an uprising that this was being fabricated.

Your right, me saying "entire forum" was the wrong words to use, but lets change that to "numerous forum members", and it wasn't a lie it was the wrong wording to use, there is a difference. And just what are you saying was fabricated? I think by now we know that what Ghadafi has done is by no means a fabrication. He's killed hundreds if not thousands of his own people, and continues to do so. Are you telling me he hasn't turned his military against his own people? That it's all a fabrication or lies? I understand oil might have also been a factor in why NATO got involved, but there is no denying what that piece of trash has done.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by BenReclused

At one time the slant drilling riggs were easily viewable on Google Earth. It is all censored now. The truth is just word of mouth now, there are no websites citing the truth anymore. They have all been censored. Everybody on here asks for a link to a source, when sources are all lies.

Uh huh! I see! So I am supposed to accept what you say, just because you say "it's" so.

Sorry! It ain't gonna happen!!!

I don't doubt that Saddam Hussein claimed that Kuwait was stealing oil. I feel his primary motive was to expand Iraq's coastline though. He had much more to gain by doing so. Considering your "standard of proof" my point is just as valid as yours. That's not what I have a problem with though.

I take issue with people making hyped claims that, well... JUST AREN'T TRUE!

Putin asking "Who gave NATO right to kill Gaddafi?" is not "breaking epic news"! Hell, I don't even consider that news!

Some of you act like Putin is your freaking idol just because you feel that the US government is the purveyor of ALL the worlds ills. If that's your belief, that's fine. If you are going to try to convince me that it's true, though, it will take far more than Putin's, Hussein's, Gaddafi's, or even your words.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 28-4-2011 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

I don't doubt that Saddam Hussein claimed that Kuwait was stealing oil.

Not only did he claim it, but it was true.

But nice attempt at spin.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

If you fell for the little clique of propagandists trying to create the appearance of popular support for this invasion, thats on you. Many of us did NOT fall for it.

So you do admit that there were people here calling for it right? And that some of those are the same people now being critical of it, right? OR do you just call anyone who has an opinion differing from yours a 'propagandist'?

Hell, even Rand Paul called for action and then criticized the action he called for. Just like Putin..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by BenReclused

I don't doubt that Saddam Hussein claimed that Kuwait was stealing oil.

Not only did he claim it, but it was true.

But nice attempt at spin.

Don't snow me! Show me! I wasn't "spinning" anything. At this point in time, all I can find proof of is the accusation. Are you, also, trying to tell me that Kuwait was invaded because of directional drilling.

To do so would be to ignore other likely reasons:

1) Iraq has very limited access to the Persian Gulf. When Basra was shut down because of the Iraq-Iran war, Kuwait functioned as Iraq's main port. This sure seems like a "no brainer" to me!

2) Iraq owed Kuwait $14 billion that it couldn't pay. You don't think that may have come into play, I guess.

3) Couldn't this have been an attempt to steal oil from Kuwait? Hell, what am I thinking? I'm sure "good old" Saddam would never do anything like that.

I have to admit that I do trust Saddam Hussein more that I do Putin though. At least Saddam was hung by the Iraqis (Not by Americans, as some of us like to claim!). Dead men tell no lies!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Your post contains a lot of assumptions that have nothing to do with a small point i offered clarification on.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Your post contains a lot of assumptions that have nothing to do with a small point i offered clarification on.

Thank you! Your point is now well taken... it's very clear that you aren't honest enough to show valid references.

Bye,
Milt

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

He eats Concertina wire and craps Napalm...

Fights tigers too, and is a martial arts expert, and he is...

Amazing what Hollywood style Russian propaganda can... Very convincing. I suppose you too believe he has even superhuman powers that he can summon at will?

The reality is he is a 5'3" tall man, who would have trouble fighting his way out of a wet paper bag.

He is very shy around women, and very comfortable with little boys, too comfortable.. Like MJ comfortable.

He is a paranoid man, so paranoid that he regularly has people around him that "know too much" murdered and replaced... Though, enough have been able to get the real "dirt" on this man out, and the Kremlin will have a hard time stopping it this time.

He is powerful, but only by the privilege of his status... Alone on the streets, and away from his power that he clings to so desperately he'd be crying and hiding, and would not survive for long.

It is what it is.

I will admit, per the pic in your post he does look amazing in drag.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Putin looks really good to women with his shirt off. His politics have won the hearts of more people per capita than any leader in the world. I wish I had a leader like that, even if he did like little boys. I could tolerate that if my leader united my country and kept his promises. God bless the voice of reason.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

yep. You were right, I was wrong. It was an unsubstantiated rumor. Thank for pointing that out.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I wish I had a leader like that, even if he did like little boys. I could tolerate that if my leader united my country and kept his promises. God bless the voice of reason.

I'm completely speechless.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I wish I had a leader like that, even if he did like little boys. I could tolerate that if my leader united my country and kept his promises. God bless the voice of reason.

I'm completely speechless.

Lol well its like Bush was any better eh
www.abovetopsecret.com...

cant imagine his cousin Obama is either.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Hush Vlad, choose your words more carefully, or you may be next.

Pffft, Russia is not Libya, or Iraq, or Afghanistan, or even as weak as all three put together.

And we can't even maintain control in either Afghanistan or Iraq by themselves.

And you think we could handle Russia thrown in on top of it all?

Pfffffffffffft.

The main problem with Iraq and Afghanistan is all the camera's, sad to say. The US could easily pull a Philippines and the unrest in those nations would be solved very, very quick like. But the thing is the US tried to go in and get out as quickly as possible so handed authority over to the locals way too early.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What exactly did Putin or Russia do to stop NATO from bombing the lybian people? Are they going to stand off when the zionists invade Iran?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Putin is such a cool guy. He has a huge approval rating. I wish we had a leader like that here in the US.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

edit on 26-10-2011 by earthdude because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join