It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can aliens only speak English?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It seems to me that all the special messages from aliens, including the Galactic Federation, only seem to be in English. Is this evidence that they can only speak English or are there the same messages and toutube videos also in other languages cos I can't find any.
So if they can only speak English, then are the messages and warnings only for English speaking peoples?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I doubt that they only speak english, that would be odd. I have questioned this before but it just makes me double check the potential non terrestial post. Maybe enlish is on the most far out space probes?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Most documented close encounters report telepathy. They speak through whatever language and vocabulary the subject knows.
In other parts of the world that dont speak english, they probabbbbbbly don't have to rely on youtube for this sort of information.

In other parts of the world they look at these subjects with an eye of curiosity and seriousness, not skeptisism and dis beleif.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yes and they all have American accents.

Or is that only in the movies?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Gah where's that facepalm picture when you need it...

I think those "galactic federation" do whatsits are all hoax anyway..

I will say though that on earth, English is the most universally understood language.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Are you saying the only 'Earth language' they can speak? I highly doubt they came up with the same English on their planet that we use.

On another note, no, I don't think it is the only language they would speak. If they are smart enough to know English, they are smart enough to know that Mandarin will be the language of the future and probably at least know that too.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Gah where's that facepalm picture when you need it...

I think those "galactic federation" do whatsits are all hoax anyway..

I will say though that on earth, English is the most universally understood language.

It's not even the most understood language in the US, much less the United Federation of Planets, or wherever the resident space commanders are from.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by taoistguy
Is this evidence that they can only speak English or are there the same messages and toutube videos also in other languages cos I can't find any.

I'm pretty sure the aliens who talked to Billy Meier spoke in French or German. Otherwise, aliens generally communicate telepathically (which will sound in your head like whatever language you speak), although some have been described as talking amongst themselves using a series of hums, buzzes or clicks.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They speak Klingon also.

Youtube is full of messages in other languages.

I heard one in Pig Latin...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

wow have i missed something ?? what messages are theses then ? after all these years watching fuzzy dots and hoax vids we finally make contact and gee in English ! what they say ,what they say?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I wasn't saying they can't speak other alien languages, what I meant was the English and American videos on youtube and forums such as this are full of people claiming to be aliens and giving us messages from the alien command centres. I was wondering if foreign forums are full of the same thing and why groups such as the Galactic Federation don't do versions of their messages for people of other languages. As for telepathic, you don't have to be telepathic to read the forum posts or watch the videos.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
In the Bible when the apostles go out and evangelize they give sermons which are heard in the native tongue of the listener. Given that aliens are angels then it would make sense that the messages are reported in the language of the listener. The more obvious and likely answer is that its all made up.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Yes and they all have American accents.

Or is that only in the movies?

That is probably only in the movies.

In fact, and how funny it may even sound, several reports and abductees have described the encountered beings as having German accent.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They only speak english, yet claim to be from France.
Seriously though, I'm guessing it depends on who they're talking to.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
In the Bible when the apostles go out and evangelize they give sermons which are heard in the native tongue of the listener. Given that aliens are angels then it would make sense that the messages are reported in the language of the listener. The more obvious and likely answer is that its all made up.

I was warming up my fingers ready for a monolithic post... Then I got to the last sentence

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
One line answers to the question:

•It only sounds like English because they use their Universal Translators.

•Because the Queen is reptilian,

•Because the Chinese haven't started selling their products to the Greys yet.

•They tried speaking Spanish but they had a problem with "illegal aliens" afterward on their homeworld.

•It was the only way to make people think downtrodden rednecks were crazy, that is why they are always abducting them, which is the real alien agenda.

•When the US chased Hitler's UFO to the Moon it crashed, that's all the Aliens had to go by....

•They watch Late Night with David Letterman

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

evidence ?

all the statiscics on the 1st page of google search contradict you

no stats cite more than 35million spanish speakers , or less than 275million english speakers

[ul=http://www.nationmaster.com/country/us-united-states/lan-language] source 1 [/url]

source 2

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It was a joke.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
what they say ,what they say?

Pretty much the same thing as always. Nuclear power is bad and will kill your planet. Be nice to your environment. We'd like to take you on flying saucer trips but your spirituality or vibrations or some other thing is not yet fully developed. Would you like some pancakes?

You know. Same old stuff.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
lol galactic federation...come on guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join