It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think NASA and amateur astronomers wouldn't cover up doomsday eh?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If it was a extinction level impact then I cant imagine they would say anything. Why would they? It would only result in complete and utter mayhem.

If it was an heavy impact event, affecting a large area, but not global. Then again I cant imagine they would tell the people directly. To do so would again cause mass panic. Stock markets would possibly crash.
My feeling is that the information would be drip fed to the public, semi-hidden in symbolic/subliminal messages, depending on how much time was available. Increasing the obviousness of these messages as the moment got closer. You would probably notice governments making preparations for a possible disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if finances were directed away from the countries that would be affected.

Just my opinion.

st

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
If it was a extinction level impact then I cant imagine they would say anything. Why would they? It would only result in complete and utter mayhem.

If it was an heavy impact event, affecting a large area, but not global. Then again I cant imagine they would tell the people directly. To do so would again cause mass panic. Stock markets would possibly crash.
My feeling is that the information would be drip fed to the public, semi-hidden in symbolic/subliminal messages, depending on how much time was available. Increasing the obviousness of these messages as the moment got closer. You would probably notice governments making preparations for a possible disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if finances were directed away from the countries that would be affected.

Just my opinion.

st
If that was the case, why would they spend billions on tracking comets/asteroids ..what your saying makes no sense (in my humble opinion ) there are plenty of sources on the inter tubes of the protocol procedures regarding tracking and collisions ..also nearly every country in the world track comets/meteorites/asteroids,are you telling me that they would hide this information if the likes of NASA, american government told them to ?(laughable) word would get out ,would there be mass panic? i would rather have the time to say good bye to my family than cry like a baby or die at work not knowing none the wiser..you mention the stock market ,well that would crash no matter what as its globally linked anyway..humanity issues come in to play not share prices

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Actually you are looking rather foolish seeing as you didnt even bother to watch the video .. It says this happened in 2003 and was twice the size of jupiter.. but your referencing something that passed in 2009 and was very small.. next time watch the video?

You are obviously very confused. The video in question is not the video you watched. The video in question deals with an asteroid in 2009. Next time pay attention to the discussion?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

I too would prefer to know. They spend the money so if they do find something that could possibly hit earth, they could try and deflect it somehow if there was enough time. If we are talking extinction level event, the word probably would get out sooner or later but likely.... Later.

The other world governments would have as much too lose as the U.S. would. They would need as much hush time as possible to make plans to save the people they choose to "restart" civilization. Kind of hard to do all that with the masses frothed over in a crazed frenzy knowing there going to die.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
If that was the case, why would they spend billions on tracking comets/asteroids ..what your saying makes no sense (in my humble opinion ) there are plenty of sources on the inter tubes of the protocol procedures regarding tracking and collisions ..also nearly every country in the world track comets/meteorites/asteroids,are you telling me that they would hide this information if the likes of NASA, american government told them to ?(laughable) word would get out ,would there be mass panic? i would rather have the time to say good bye to my family than cry like a baby or die at work not knowing none the wiser..you mention the stock market ,well that would crash no matter what as its globally linked anyway..humanity issues come in to play not share prices

They track objects because not all are global killers. We have satellites, space station, humanity to protect against the smaller objects, the ones that we can do something about. Do you really think Russia would shout its mouth off about an impact in America? Or do you think they would tell the Americans, 'This is going down on your territory, you decide how you want to tell the people'? Russia would show empathy, an understanding, they would play ball.

You have time every day to say goodbye to your family. If you need a warning from government just to say goodbye to your family then you really need to look at how you are living your life dude. You could walk out the door tomorrow and get slammed by a bus. You could get blown up by a terrorist bomb. I cant believe you just used 'I would rather have time to say goodbye to my family' as an excuse.

The stock market would collapse if it was a global killer, not necessarily if it was a heavy impact. Look at what happened in Japan, did the world stock markets collapse, or mainly just affect Japans? Admittedly not an asteroid impact, but it was a large natural disaster non-the-less.

When the oil spill happened in the Gulf of mexico, what was the concern shown by the British government? Was it at Obama slamming BP affecting it's share price, or was it at the mess and destruction being caused by the escaping oil. So you tell me again, does humanity come into play, or share price?

You mentioned humanity comes into play. But you would rather tell people to their face they are all going to die, you would want their last days to be miserable, to worry, to spend their last hours contemplating death? That doesn't seem humane to me. It would appear you have zero empathy towards the people around you, all you care about is yourself (in my humble opinion).

Even if just one person would be miserable for their last few hours, then that is reason enough not to say anything.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A comet twice the size of Jupiter? Really?

ALS

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Not to mention the mass amounts of rapes, murders, looting and general anarchy going on everywhere in the world of people who have just been told that death is imminent. I mean what are they gonna do, put everyone in jail?
edit on 16-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I remember this now, the comet itself wasn't twice the size of Jupiter. It was the comet's Coma that was twice the size. That was the reason why it (the comet) had no gravitational effect on the solar system. Had the comet been that large it would have seriously disrupted the orbits of all the inner planet.

I call Bunk and BS on this one.

ALS
edit on 16-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
OP: Seems like school was in session today. Opinions expressed as facts makes one look very silly. Also, the public information and threshold of knowledge about NASA is that of everyone else here with a computer and Google search. Pretending you know how NASA works and operates on that internal level is your biggest fail.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Is this the one you mean?

www.spaceweather.com...

ALS

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I think most of the naysayers missed the point of this thread completely.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

I think most of the naysayers missed the point of this thread completely.

Was there really a point?! Forgive the sarcasm, but was there?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is what you stated in the OP:

This should tell you right away that in the event of a doomsday scenario, there is absolutely no way the general public would be informed, in fact I am willing to bet that government agencies would spend massive amounts of time and money to cover up the fact.

Then you tried to show an example which you misrepresented. Then I showed that you were wrong not only in what was in the video, but in the events that actually happened.

So what is the point of the OP other than the fact that you will lie, misrepresent, and do anything in a failed attempt to support this obviously wrong claim.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wait, I found your point:

The point of the thread was not to prove or disprove Nibiru or Nemesis, it was simply to illustrate the point that you shouldn't expect NASA to inform you of an immanent impact of massive destruction because it is simply not in governments best interest to do so and who knows, may not be in our best interest either.

Your point was to illustrate a point?!?

Do you read what you write before you post?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Wait, I found your point:

The point of the thread was not to prove or disprove Nibiru or Nemesis, it was simply to illustrate the point that you shouldn't expect NASA to inform you of an immanent impact of massive destruction because it is simply not in governments best interest to do so and who knows, may not be in our best interest either.

Your point was to illustrate a point?!?

Do you read what you write before you post?

Do I read what I write before I post? Really? There has been some intelligent conversation on this thread, not a lot but some and what I can say for sure is that none of it has come from you.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Here is what you stated in the OP:

This should tell you right away that in the event of a doomsday scenario, there is absolutely no way the general public would be informed, in fact I am willing to bet that government agencies would spend massive amounts of time and money to cover up the fact.

Then you tried to show an example which you misrepresented. Then I showed that you were wrong not only in what was in the video, but in the events that actually happened.

So what is the point of the OP other than the fact that you will lie, misrepresent, and do anything in a failed attempt to support this obviously wrong claim.

There is nothing wrong in the claim that we would not be informed of a doomsday event if it could be with held. That would be the most logical course for NASA and the government to take. It's pretty simple really. If you wan't to dispute that claim, go right ahead but I don't see what it will actually do to make a difference.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Do I read what I write before I post?

Yes, that is the question.

Really?

Yes, Really.

There has been some intelligent conversation on this thread, not a lot but some and what I can say for sure is that none of it has come from you.

Or yourself for that matter.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I dont believe in these theories but i liked the fact that you said it is what YOU think.. You didnt say look, smoking gun the world is wrong! We see that so much here, keep an open mind andn nkeep looking into things, just dont let it burry you like it does so many others.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The point of your thread was to prove that Nasa would hide/cover up doomsday, but your point is moot because the so called "covered up doomsday", was nowhere near being the end of the world.

My previous post that you seem to have overlooked:

I remember this now, the comet itself wasn't twice the size of Jupiter. It was the comet's Coma that was twice the size. That was the reason why it (the comet) had no gravitational effect on the solar system. Had the comet been that large it would have seriously disrupted the orbits of all the inner planet.

I call Bunk and BS on this one.

ALS

Having said that I do believe that if there was to be an end of the world scenario the public would not be informed.

ALS

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I like how you break the responses down and individually reply to them, it makes you appear smarter! Great job. What you still haven't done in any way however is contribute anything, anything at all to the content of the subject, If you agree, great, if you don't then simply disagree and move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join