It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think NASA and amateur astronomers wouldn't cover up doomsday eh?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Um, ok, how about this short youtube video of an extremely popular major broadcast channel that clearly shows us they have no intention of letting the masses know.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They can't get Metric / Imperial measurements correct, you're saying they can cover up something this big?

Don't think so.

edit on 10-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

They can't get Metric to Imperial measurements correct, you're saying they can cover up something this big?

Don't think so.

I defer to the post above yours, it in no uncertain terms tells you that an object that would cripple a good size part of earth almost hit us (45,000 miles) and nobody was told a word, yet they knew it was coming.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Um, ok, how about this short youtube video of an extremely popular major broadcast channel that clearly shows us they have no intention of letting the masses know.

And how do you come to that conclusion from this video? I think you are quite confused on this matter and definitely making up tall tales.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I defer to the post above yours, it in no uncertain terms tells you that an object that would cripple a good size part of earth almost hit us (45,000 miles) and nobody was told a word, yet they knew it was coming.

You are tell a lie when you state that "they knew". No where in that video does it state that anyone knew. The broadcaster says no one knew. Sheesh. Please me truthful or at least pay attention to the material you post.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Helious

You are tell a lie when you state that "they knew". No where in that video does it state that anyone knew. The broadcaster says no one knew. Sheesh. Please me truthful or at least pay attention to the material you post.

Uhh, so you want me or anyone else to believe that NASA had no idea this thing was going to pass by the earth and then they just miraculously found it the day after? Pal, I don't much about you but you don't seem to deny ignorance very well......

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Obviously I do do since I researched the issue after you clearly misrepresented the video.

No where does the video make any of the ridiculous accusations that you claim it does. You basically lied about the contents of the video. Here again in this post you attempt to continue to lie about the video.

Why don't you actually take the time to do some research? Why not try to learn something?

All you are doing is fear mongering. How sad.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Helious

Obviously I do do since I researched the issue after you clearly misrepresented the video.

No where does the video make any of the ridiculous accusations that you claim it does. You basically lied about the contents of the video. Here again in this post you attempt to continue to lie about the video.

Why don't you actually take the time to do some research? Why not try to learn something?

All you are doing is fear mongering. How sad.

There is no research to be done bud. NASA knew that object was incoming and being that it passed only 45,000 miles from earth, it's pretty obvious they were not real sure about it hitting us. To believe anything else is just ridiculous and I don't feel the need to defend it because I am quite sure most everyone would agree with that.

Secondly, the public was told nothing about this until after it had happened. That my friend is fact. You need to spend less time trying to debunk everything and a little more time on independent thinking.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Why does that video end so abruptly? When was it recorded? Where did the broadcasters get this information? Why doesn't the poster provide this information in his comments?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

There is no research to be done bud. NASA knew that object was incoming and being that it passed only 45,000 miles from earth, it's pretty obvious they were not real sure about it hitting us. To believe anything else is just ridiculous and I don't feel the need to defend it because I am quite sure most everyone would agree with that.

You actually think that people would side with someone that tells lies? Are you serious? You are doing what you claim NASA does. You are telling a lie when you state that the video tells us that someone knew this was coming our way. Here you are making a baldfaced lie about the video and yet this is what you claim the government, and in this particular case, what NASA does.

On top of this you are digging in your heels and refusing to do a check on this story. Why?

Why are you afraid?

Secondly, the public was told nothing about this until after it had happened. That my friend is fact. You need to spend less time trying to debunk everything and a little more time on independent thinking.

Again all you are going on is this video which states that "we" were not aware of this rock. Who is we? Does that include only the guy reading from the teleprompter, or is the general public, or is it we as in everyone?

We, as in all readers of this thread, see that you are avoiding independent thinking and instead rely on lies and fear mongering to promote your case.

I should also point out that your claim " it's pretty obvious they were not real sure about it hitting us." is just another statement made by someone who does not understand how well celestial mechanics can be determined.

That statement tells me that you are a person that does not understand and infers that since you have no idea how this works then no one else can. Well, people do know a lot about this subject and if you did any research then you'd know that. Since you refuse to learn something then you will always be in the dark on this and other subjects. That's too bad.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Did they know it was coming? If you're actually interested in finding out how these things really happen, I suggest you read this:
Short Warning Times

No, NASA doesn't look too good in this one, but at least it shows they're not evil.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I don't think nor have ever thought NASA was evil, I think they are the same as you or I and have families and lives. That being said, I also don't think they would release doomsday information to the public and who knows, that may be the right thing to do, I know that I would wan't to know but I also think alot of people would not take the news too well and who knows what we could devolve to during that period.

The point of the thread was not to prove or disprove Nibiru or Nemesis, it was simply to illustrate the point that you shouldn't expect NASA to inform you of an immanent impact of massive destruction because it is simply not in governments best interest to do so and who knows, may not be in our best interest either.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
maybe you will find the IAU minor planet center of interest, and familiarize yourself with their workings.

www.minorplanetcenter.net...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Actually DJW001, the following claim is false.

it in no uncertain terms tells you that an object that would cripple a good size part of earth

This would not happen. The rock that came in was of the order of the size of the object that exploded over Tunguska, Siberia in 1908.

That event flattened some 800 square miles. Yes, devastating in the immediate area, but did not cripple a good size part of the Earth as claimed.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The point of the thread was not to prove or disprove Nibiru or Nemesis, it was simply to illustrate the point that you shouldn't expect NASA to inform you of an immanent impact of massive destruction because it is simply not in governments best interest to do so and who knows, may not be in our best interest either.

You've failed miserably on that point.

This is just your opinion that they would not inform people. In point of fact there was never any immediate danger from this object. It was spotted, tracked, and seen to be a miss.

In this case the event was a miss. Do you want people to be informed of every miss? Misses happen all of the time and are often celebrated events since they show the need for tracking NEO, near Earth objects. There is money for tracking NEOs. Pointing out misses is good for those that receive such funding.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Here is the rock in question:

scully.cfa.harvard.edu...

It's 2009 DD45.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

This is just your opinion that they would not inform people. In point of fact there was never any immediate danger from this object. It was spotted, tracked, and seen to be a miss. In this case the event was a miss. Do you want people to be informed of every miss? Misses happen all of the time and are often celebrated events since they show the need for tracking NEO, near Earth objects. There is money for tracking NEOs. Pointing out misses is good for those that receive such funding.

Dude, you just condridicted yourself. First you said it was my opinion they wouldn't inform anyone and I had no proof that NASA knew about it, then you said it was spotted and tracked.

So, did they inform anyone? The answer is no and if it was newsworthy after the fact as reported by MSNBC then it stands to reason it was newsworthy before the fact.

Heh, I know id like to know that a rock the size of a ten story building that could inflict the damage of 10,000 Hiroshima bombs was gonna pass by at the equivalent of a cosmic pubic hair. (45,000 miles). In fact, that may be close enough to not accurately predict a collision until days before.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Dude, you just condridicted yourself. First you said it was my opinion they wouldn't inform anyone and I had no proof that NASA knew about it, then you said it was spotted and tracked.

Reading and comprehension is a must. I stated that you provided a video which did not support your claims. You lied about the contents of the video. You also stated opinions.

Just because it turns out that the object was tracked is immaterial. You had an opinion. Just because parts of that opinion turned out to be correct has no bearing on the fact that your statements were lies when you misrepresented the contents of the video.

So, did they inform anyone? The answer is no

The answer is no? This is coming from someone that stated quite clearly that they were not doing any research. This is just another opinion being stated, isn't it? You have no basis for this statement other than your opinion.

and if it was newsworthy after the fact as reported by MSNBC then it stands to reason it was newsworthy before the fact.

No. That is you again stating an opinion which is unreasonable. Maybe it was newsworthy because it was a slow news day and a 30 second filler was needed. Maybe there was another space related issue that day and this was partnered with the other story.

These misses happen all of the time. In fact, impacts from large rocks happen often. They make the news some days and other days they do not.

Heh, I know id like to know that a rock the size of a ten story building that could inflict the damage of 10,000 Hiroshima bombs was gonna pass by at the equivalent of a cosmic pubic hair. (45,000 miles). In fact, that may be close enough to not accurately predict a collision until days before.

Then subscribe to NEO news feeds and see how often these events happen. The general public is not interest in non-events such as this.

You might want to learn something about celestial mechanics and the ability of people to track the paths of objects in the solar system. I realize that might require crippling research, but in the end you'd know that this wasn't a close call and that it was clear that this close pass had zero chance of a collision.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Dude, your not even making any sense. I didn't do any research because I already knew the answer, besides, I know how obsessed you are with "research" so I figured Id let you do it.

All that is besides the point though cause at the end of the day, I was right and you were wrong and I even got you to dig for the evidence to prove it lol.

What do you think about that Mr. Smartypants!

edit on 11-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Dude, your not even making any sense. I didn't do any research because I already knew the answer, besides, I know how obsessed you are with "research" so I figured Id let you do it.

LOL. You didn't know the answers. You were so very, very wrong and you had to lie about the contents of the video.

You had some opinions which were wrong.

What do you think about that Mr. Smartypants!

Not only are you a liar, but you are an unrepentant liar.

No where was any evidence shown that people were not aware of this event. The only place is a newscaster who is admitting whoever "we" is, was not aware of a non-event.

Your still just a plain old liar. Next time you might want to look around instead of looking like foolish and trying to cover up your obvious and glaring failings with lies.

So let's see how wrong this bone headed claim is:

Surprise Asteroid Buzzed Earth Monday

But on Monday observers using backyard telescopes were able to track the asteroid speeding through the constellation Virgo for at least a few hours after the object's closest approach.

According to Spahr, amateur astronomers contributed to the center's monitoring efforts by sending in measurements, which are helping to refine calculations of the asteroid's orbit.

So there you go liar. Not only was this announced but amateur astronomers helped with the tracking.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join