It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think NASA and amateur astronomers wouldn't cover up doomsday eh?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Fantastic videos, that Art one gives me the chills, very strange, makes you think what else Nasa/Goverment/Area 51 are hiding from us, and will they leave the truth hidden until it's too late?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by antinwo101

That "Area 51" caller is a hoax.Art Bell later had the guy on and he said it was just a gag...........

edit on 27-4-2011 by Skippy1138 because: Included vid

Who's to say he wasn't made to ring back and claim it was a hoax? If he was indeed a past employee they could threaten him/blackmail him in some way to make him ring and say it was a hoax.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
what you cannot see, shock wave headed this way, prepare. New record set for tornadoes this year. If you thought this was bad. Shock wave headed this way. prepare. Ever wondered what is going on? Space shock wave headed this way.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

What shock wave from space?

This is just another unsubstantiated claim.
1. No shock wave
2. No indication that tornadoes are spawned by anything other than our good old friend the Sun

What sort of a record do you think was set?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

What sort of a record do you think was set?

The news has been saying record setting all week.

www.accuweather.com...

There is a good chance that April 2011 will end up being the most active April on record for tornadoes.

homeownersinsurance.com...

The severe storms that started in Oklahoma and Arkansas at the end of last week ended up affecting homeowners in 15 states, setting a record for the largest tornado outbreak in U.S. history.

So much damage in such a short time...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The news has been saying record setting all week.

Records are set every day of the year some place in the world with weather being warmer, colder, wetter, drier, snowier, windier, calmer, etc. Happens all of the time.

So here is the record not yet set according to the link provided.

There is a good chance that April 2011 will end up being the most active April on record for tornadoes.

So now we have a potential record. Another potential record is the deadliest tornado outbreak. This is not it. It is likely to be the third.
Deadliest tornado days in U.S. history

1) March 18, 1925 - 747 people killed after tornadoes hit the U.S. Midwestern states of Missouri, Illinois and Indiana.

2) March 21, 1932 - 332 killed, most of them in Alabama, following a wave of tornadoes across the southeastern United States.

3) May 17, 1840 - 317 died, nearly all of them in the city of Natchez, Mississippi, after tornadoes hit Louisiana and Mississippi.

4) April 3, 1974 - 310 killed in what is known as the "Super Outbreak" when 148 tornadoes rampaged across at least 13 U.S. states over a 24-hour period.

5) May 27, 1896 - 305 died after tornadoes hit Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky.

6) April 11, 1965 - 260 killed in the "Palm Sunday" tornado outbreak when twisters swept across Illinois, Indiana and Michigan.

7) April 5, 1936 - 249 died, most them in Tupelo, Mississippi, following an outbreak of tornadoes in Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama.

8) April 20, 1920 - 224 killed in Mississippi and Alabama.

9) April 24, 1908 - 224 died in tornado outbreak that hit Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

10) April 6, 1936 - 205 killed, nearly all of them in Gainesville, Georgia. It was the last time a single tornado killed more than 200 people in the United States.

These tornadoes are spread over many decades.

Also notice another form of read in your link:

The year that holds the record for the highest number of tornadoes is 2004 with a whopping 1,817 twisters.

AS we can see there are lots of possible records depending on how the data is qualified.
edit on 28-4-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As I stated there is no shock wave.

On the other hand another record is about o be entered into the weather books just like records are added all of the time for all sorts of different weather related phenomena.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Could any of the debunkers here be so kind as to provide a link to news about comet "NEAT" before the event happened? Not that I don't believe you but Id like to read the headlines......
edit on 28-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Here's an article from January 31, 2003 from Space.com. This is from two months after its discovery and a month before it appeared on SOHO.

EDIT: The link won't work because I had to use the Wayback Machine to find a working version of the page. For anyone interested here is the url for the article:

space.com...

Then go to this site, paste the url and click "Show All." I chose a date in 2005 and the page worked.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

what you cannot see, shock wave headed this way, prepare. New record set for tornadoes this year. If you thought this was bad. Shock wave headed this way. prepare. Ever wondered what is going on? Space shock wave headed this way.

Rather than use your imagination, you can simply go here.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Expert debunker's offering non working links on a subject that should have been in the MSM? Curious at best.

NEAT indeed

edit on 1-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
bin laden is dead, cnn on now, with the president.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Expert debunker's offering non working links on a subject that should have been in the MSM? Curious at best.

NEAT indeed

edit on 1-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

What are you, an expert believer?

In fact, you could have gone and pulled public filings of old newspaper clips, or purchased books around the time of the comet, or done any kind of investigative work yourself....

But instead, you posted a youtube video from a crackpot, made a statement with nothing to back it, and then cry foul. Some reason expecting people to take hours out of the day to prove/disprove your unbacked idea.

edit on 2-5-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by Nobama
oh of course because its easy to make amateur astronomers cover something that big up.

Are you saying this event did not happen? Are you saying that amateur astronomers alerted the general public about it? I am confused as to what your saying exactly?

Amateur astronomers, myself included, would not engage in a cover-up. We did not "alert" the public about an astronomical catastrophe in 2003 simply because there wasn't one. Comet C/2002 V1 gets hit by a coronal mass ejection, so what? It was not "doom" or cause for alarm. I'm offended that you're saying this is proof that we would participate in a cover-up.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunterAmateur astronomers, myself included, would not engage in a cover-up. We did not "alert" the public about an astronomical catastrophe in 2003 simply because there wasn't one. Comet C/2002 V1 gets hit by a coronal mass ejection, so what? It was not "doom" or cause for alarm. I'm offended that you're saying this is proof that we would participate in a cover-up.

To the point at hand then: Can you see Elenin? What does it look like?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Yes, I've observed Elenin. It looks like a typical very dim comet.
i319.photobucket.com...
Perhaps just as important, its position matches the published orbit exactly.
edit on 3-5-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

To the point at hand then: Can you see Elenin? What does it look like?

In fact, everyone can look at the pictures of Elenin:

The best part about Elenin, is that it was discovered by an amateur astronomer, you know, the ones that are supposedly covering it up:1

Let’s shed a little light. Comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) was discovered by Russian amateur Leonid Elenin on December 10, 2010.

Although he lives in Lyubertsy, Russia, like many amateur astronomers, Elenin takes astrophotos ‘remotely’ using telescopes that can be controlled by a home computer.

The night of his discovery he was taking routine photos of the sky at the independent Russian remote observatory ISON-NM (International Scientific Optical Network) near Mayhill, New Mexico.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Ngchunter - Thanks! You are the first person to actually respond to that question and provide some pictures. Much appreciated. I can't really see anything in your picture but then I have no astronomy experience.

Boncho - I know there's pictures of it around but the ones I've found have all been from official sources.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs
Ngchunter - Thanks! You are the first person to actually respond to that question and provide some pictures. Much appreciated. I can't really see anything in your picture but then I have no astronomy experience.

Here's a cleaner version of the image, made by stacking 25 frames from the raw video (each frame was an 8 second exposure). I hope it's easier to see:
www.flickr.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Sorry, one more, here's a magnified view:
i319.photobucket.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join