It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think NASA and amateur astronomers wouldn't cover up doomsday eh?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by Helious

I absolutly agree, and it makes you wonder about the info that is not available for amature astronomers. I also agree that it was one of biggest events to happen in our life time, I was amazed beyond belief when I first saw the video years ago, my only problem was this video was using text in the beginning that wasn't the true wording of Nassim even if it correctly reflected his words in the video. If I remember correctly Nassim uses the word Planet X in his video and not Nibiru which this video does in the text part.

edit on 26-4-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

Yes, this is correct, Planet X was used originally. There seems to generally be a lot of confusion between, Nemisis, Nibiru and Planet X, not only here but all over.

Nemisis refers to our binary twin, the dark star, brown dwarf. Nibiru is a planet said to orbit that star and planet X could be one in the same or another body beyond Pluto, scientist were looking for too account for gravitational anomalies with planetary orbits.

I think Nibiru was used to refer back to present relevance as Planet X was used during that time period and todays discussion largely centers on Nibiru.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Translation of this video: If you don't know what you are talking about anything is possible.

Breaking News:

Man Holds Sun in Hands

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4cf281122a2.jpg[/atsimg]

Has a giant race invaded Earth planning to play basketball with the sun? Oh no....

My favorite quote in the video (paraphrased)

"This comet [twice the size of Jupiter] should have cause massive disturbances in the solar system, including major tidal effects."

"Why didn't it?"

"I don't know!"

edit on 26-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
How do we know that the comet in question is actually 2x the size of Jupiter? He seems to be comparing the size of the comet on the screen to the size of the sun but how do you know the distance of the object from soho?

Not that I doubt Nasa would cover something up I'm just confused at some of the conclusions here

He also states that the "comet two times the size of Jupiter" was affected by a solar discharge from the sun. [as in: it changed the direction of the object].

ATS really needs to create a facepalm smiley.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by iforget
How do we know that the comet in question is actually 2x the size of Jupiter? He seems to be comparing the size of the comet on the screen to the size of the sun but how do you know the distance of the object from soho?

Not that I doubt Nasa would cover something up I'm just confused at some of the conclusions here

He also states that the "comet two times the size of Jupiter" was affected by a solar discharge from the sun. [as in: it changed the direction of the object].

ATS really needs to create a facepalm smiley.

I find it hard to believe you chastise this man so harshly despite his credentials while the rest of the scientific community does not, I don't think I have come across any experts in the field saying his data is inaccurate. Not saying that aren't any, but I sure haven't seen any.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
.... Come on guys. No proof of anything claimed at all. It's an ignorant guy providing his confused assumptions to a crowd that doesn't know wtf they are looking at.

He assumes the object is at an equal distance from the camera as the Sun.. Wrong. The relative speed of the object makes that obvious.

He assumes a skip in frames means a solar flare blasted the object away. Wrong.

When pressed for information he doesn't have it...

He claims a Jupiter x2 passes through the inner solar system leaving no gravitational interaction as proof but when asked how, his answer is "i dunno"....

You don't really see this as a source of reliable information right?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by Helious

I absolutly agree, and it makes you wonder about the info that is not available for amature astronomers. I also agree that it was one of biggest events to happen in our life time, I was amazed beyond belief when I first saw the video years ago, my only problem was this video was using text in the beginning that wasn't the true wording of Nassim even if it correctly reflected his words in the video. If I remember correctly Nassim uses the word Planet X in his video and not Nibiru which this video does in the text part.

edit on 26-4-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

Yes, this is correct, Planet X was used originally. There seems to generally be a lot of confusion between, Nemisis, Nibiru and Planet X, not only here but all over.

Nemisis refers to our binary twin, the dark star, brown dwarf. Nibiru is a planet said to orbit that star and planet X could be one in the same or another body beyond Pluto, scientist were looking for too account for gravitational anomalies with planetary orbits.

I think Nibiru was used to refer back to present relevance as Planet X was used during that time period and todays discussion largely centers on Nibiru.

Yes, but like you stated it "could" be one in the same and when you say it refers to a time period, is it true that what was called Planet X is Nibiru, Pluto used to be a "Planet X" before it's moon was discoved and the size was able to be calculated and then lost the title of "Planet X." "Nibiru" is a hypothetical planet that came from the works of Stichin, so some one stating that this was "Nibiru" in the video is incorrect as the only name for what we do not know of is "Planet X" X being the character for the unknown as in algebraic equations. It's a big difference to me and the cause of a lot of confusion to others. Stating that something "is" instead of "unknown or X" creates all kind of confusion.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Again, you are very correct. =) I thought NASA had said recently they did discover, "Planet X" a gas giant called Tyche I believe, after a GOD opposite of Nemesis.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
.... Come on guys. No proof of anything claimed at all. It's an ignorant guy providing his confused assumptions to a crowd that doesn't know wtf they are looking at.

He assumes the object is at an equal distance from the camera as the Sun.. Wrong. The relative speed of the object makes that obvious.

He assumes a skip in frames means a solar flare blasted the object away. Wrong.

When pressed for information he doesn't have it...

He claims a Jupiter x2 passes through the inner solar system leaving no gravitational interaction as proof but when asked how, his answer is "i dunno"....

You don't really see this as a source of reliable information right?

He seems baffled because although the math of the calculations is sound the outcome does not make sense. He had a mountain of data and he is very noted and accomplished physicist but we are still here and according to the math we should not be.

Take that for what you will, but this man is not some nut job running around on the wrong side of science pumping out a bunch of nonsense, he is a man of science.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well respected? As far as I can see his papers have not been presented for respected peer review. What do I know, have fun

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Thanks that's exactly what i was hinting at

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I haven't watched the video, but from the comments I can assume what is being discussed is C/2002 V1 also known as Comet NEAT. It was hit by a CME when it approached the sun but its orbit was not changed. As for its size, we once again run into people confusing the size of the coma with the actual size of the comet. The coma was 293,000 km, however, the nucleus of the comet itself was a mere .7 km. This is tiny for a comet, and would have little impact if it actually managed to break through the Earth's atmosphere. This video is once again disinfo from the Nibiru crowd.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

When will this misconception die!? Tyche has not been discovered. It is a hypothetical planet proposed by two researchers from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Their previous claim to fame was the Nemesis hypothesis but abandoned it when it became clear it didn't exist. Currently Tyche's existence is up in the air. If it exists, it may show up in the WISE data. However, most researchers doubt its existence much as they doubted Nemsis' existence.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I find it hard to believe you chastise this man so harshly despite his credentials while the rest of the scientific community does not, I don't think I have come across any experts in the field saying his data is inaccurate. Not saying that aren't any, but I sure haven't seen any.

I do not have the time or energy to go into how delusional this person is, or how much you are for believing him. He is another crackpot, crank that has appeared out of nowhere to make money off giving worldwide lectures. Trying to convince everyone he can about his ideas on physics, except for the people that he should be trying to convince.

In other words: Another Charlatan. And there is plenty of info out there on the guy, for you to educate yourself on him.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9afc2aadafc6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Bah, now your trying to tell me Snake Oil is fake! Incredible!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A comet twice the size of Jupiter should be visible to the naked eye that even a blind person could see it (no offense!)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This government, if you can call it that, isn't going to tell you anything...Please get this through your head....Research for yourself, believe in yourself, and go from there. Dam any and all governments...They are only here to steal all they can from you to make their lives so-called better for them. Look out for yourself and your family and friends...This is the only way you'll make it...FEAR nothing...and you'll make this transition without a hitch....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
There was one quite recent that no one talked about and was kept very quiet and i'm sure they thought that these things could of hit us due to the fact that they kept it quiet.

I remember that too I think it was about a month ago sometime in March!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

We're just the worker ants running around on the surface and they're trying to train us like circus monkeys.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by boncho

I haven't watched the video, but from the comments I can assume what is being discussed is C/2002 V1 also known as Comet NEAT. It was hit by a CME when it approached the sun but its orbit was not changed. As for its size, we once again run into people confusing the size of the coma with the actual size of the comet. The coma was 293,000 km, however, the nucleus of the comet itself was a mere .7 km. This is tiny for a comet, and would have little impact if it actually managed to break through the Earth's atmosphere. This video is once again disinfo from the Nibiru crowd.

You know what they say about assuming.... it makes a *** of u and me. I find it funny you cant be bothered to take the time to watch a video but then lecture people on something you haven't watched. I believe there's a possibility it exists although I do not believe it will hit us or damage the planet enough to be an ELE. There is a celestial body named Sedna that was confirmed by nasa that has the same elongated orbit niburu is alleged to have. I mention this not saying it is niburu but rather that there is the possibility of something similar yet larger exisiting.

That being said I believe we are leaving the original question posed to us that 'do you think the government wouldn't cover up doomsday" Not a particular doomsday but a random one, that people might not even have though up of. To answer this I believe yes they would, and whose to say most people on the planet wouldn't do the same. I don't think except for a few if there was a storm coming that you knew about ahead of everyone else and you knew there would be shortages of supplies you'd grab what you needed before letting people know.
edit on 26-4-2011 by plaguedone because: needed to complete thought

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

If it is a true doomsday, then what motivation is there for a coverup?

What I think, is that they would cover up any chance, even a likely chance, up until it becomes a certainty. Once doomsday is a certainty, there will be no cover up, no government, nobody to perpetrate the lie. Normal functions will cease as people leave to be with their loved ones and families for whatever remaining time there is.

So, will the cover up a certain doomsday? NO.
Will they refuse to disclose things that are uncertain and could result in panic and chaos? Of course!

Wouldn't it be a shame to report some event that "might" happen, and then watch people get hurt or killed in the ensuing panic, and then have the event be a near miss? All that chaos and harm for nothing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join