It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Cleric: Rules for "gentle" wife-beating and 90% of British women desire a "strong man".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SonofPeleus

Considering our GDP, our debt is quite reasonable. I would like to lower it, but compared to Japan, and almost all the other countries around the planet, we are doing quite well.

You seem to believe slapping an immoral woman is a crime when rather it is the punishment. Household affairs should be run like a courtroom: there must be consequences to wrongdoing. When there is no fear of reprisal, we are free to do whatever we please with impunity. Which is worse: a slap to the face or the total collapse of morality? Don't be so short-sighted. It seems your 'good' people will try to do anything to avoid punishment and accountability for sins. That is the way of the weak and the wicked.

You think you have the right to be judge, jury, and prosecutor over your wife, which of course is great for you, and terrible for her. You give absolutely no consideration to the reality that such control always leads to abuse. That is why men in your society behave so badly. Their women have no power to control the bad behavior of men's actions, and so they do what ever, with nothing to keep them in check.

In your society, there is no fear of reprisal for the men, which is why morality has collapsed in your culture. Yours is the way of the weak and the wicked.

You refuse to recognize that women can have an equal or greater sense of morality than the men. While some women may behave badly, most women are as moral, and as intelligent as the men. Just because some women have loose morals doesn't mean that all women have loose morals, just as because some men have strong morals, doesn't mean that all men have strong morals.

In fact, most women are more likely to act morally, because they bear the children, and have more to lose by acting immoral.

You refuse to recognize the important role that women play in a relationship. That when there is a balance of power between the man and the woman, both are forced to act morally, and that is better for the children, which is why Western Culture is far more successful than your culture.

While Western Culture has its problems, it is doing far better than your culture, because we recognize the need for balance in the relationships between men and women. Your culture will always be backwards, incapable of advancing as long as you continue to cling to such false ideals.

To be honest, truthful, and fair, not to cheat, steal, defraud, rob, or hurt people except in self defense is among the most important things a person can do for their family, their neighbors, and themselves, because we can only trust those who are truthful, honest, and fair.

As long as you set yourself up to be the judge, jury, and prosecutor of your women, you are not being honest, truthful, or fair. You will always be a society where the women are cheated, stolen, defrauded, robbed, and hurt without any ability to defend themselves.

You can not be a good servant of God as long as you cling to these beliefs.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Thanks, you are a big person to say this. I don't always get things right, but I try.

I honestly believe there should be a balance between men and women. While we have problems here in the West, most of us are trying to make things better.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
one third of the woman in the US army claim to have been raped by their comrades in arms
but oh those rotten muslims

the tsa gropes your children
is the TSA muslim?
have they caught any terrorists?

Were the people in the state departement who put the underwear bomber on the plane muslim?
No they were not. (they are at war with Muslims)
but a bunch of non muslims can now abuse any woman or child they want

bad muslims
edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
oh yeah I forgot the bit about residential schools
genocide on children
by western christians paid for with tax dollars

why abort rape babies when you can kill and bury the mother and the child and not tell anyone?
and get paid by the government....
and be a paragon of christian virtue in the church
and you can point fingers at muslims

ohhh those bad Muslims

PS
they say Israel is the ccapital of the "free world" in regards to white slavery
the slave trade of women and children for sex

remember congressman Cynthia McKimmey taking Rumsfeld to task regarding Dyncorp's connvictions in this regard and then she enquired how a slave trading compnay could be working for the US government

hahah you should see that massmurdering not Muslim sqweerm like the devil
edit on 27-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The only males that beat on women and children are the ones who are insecure about their so-called "manlihood"... most likely due to their teeny weeny peckers.

These are not men, these are spoiled little boys throwing temper tantrums to get their way for fear that they may not. All under the umbrella and guise of "religion".

An insecure, immature, undeveloped mind must belittle others in order to give themselves the illusion of standing on a higher pedestal. Basic psychology 101.

There are no men to speak of here.
edit on 27-5-2011 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

We don't allow men to buy 10 year old child brides in the West, nor do we kill school girls for daring to go to school. Clearly you think these things are fine in your condemnation of Western values, because you can point to some abuses that some are committing.

The difference, is that in the West, we go after people who act in terrible ways, while in most of the Muslim world, these actions are condoned.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Maybe you can dig up some random Old Testament stuff but really... wow.

If you want the really grizzly stuff than yes but even in the Apostle Paul's writing there is a serious vibe of sexism and viewing women as lesser. He will not suffer a woman to teach (that's in Timothy if I recall) and in one verse says that women should remain silent. This is not an endorsement of wife beating of course but the idea that the man is the HEAD and is in charge and the woman is subservient is throughout scripture.

Indeed radical fundamentalist Islam is a good example of what Christianity might have become had it stuck close to its Biblical roots rather than adapting alongside modern society. If it weren't for the shifting sands of human morality we might still be practicing "God's Law" and stoning people and keeping slaves.

As for the OP. There does seem to be a natural desire for an Alpha Male in women, but as society changes this is also changing. Having conscious minds where most other animals do not gives us a distinct advantage, we can change mentally without having to wait for genetic evolution to catch up. Hopefully these pockets of barbarism and fundamentalism will yield not to force but to persuasive logic and a hearty appeal to compassion.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Can you believe this ridiculous stuff seems more reasonable to him than, say, DIVORCING?

Because continuing to own your partner is WAY more important than living a sensible reasonable life.

Yes, upholding one's vows is of the utmost importance. But you wouldn't understand that, would you?
It seems you would choose a lifetime of trauma for your own children over taking a hit for your own transgressions. Case in point.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A life time of trauma?

You'd HIT your wife, and think that isn't trauma to your children.

Divorce isn't trauma. Living in FEAR is. But you think that's normal.

I'd rather live in a rat infested dump than be with a man like you.

In case you are wondering - there are Christian guys like you. And in other groups too.

I've dated some of their sons. Their sons hate them, but say nothing. Two of their fathers died early, and they thank every God that they can think of that they were saved from them and their influence. Another when he got older stopped his Father, and then made sure he never came back.

You think you are getting respect. You are not. You are getting fear. And secretly, they all hate you...so secretly they cannot even think it sometimes.
edit on 2011/5/27 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus

Can you believe this ridiculous stuff seems more reasonable to him than, say, DIVORCING?

Because continuing to own your partner is WAY more important than living a sensible reasonable life.

Yes, upholding one's vows is of the utmost importance. But you wouldn't understand that, would you?
It seems you would choose a lifetime of trauma for your own children over taking a hit for your own transgressions. Case in point.

SonofPeleus, I'm a child who grew up as a member of a household where my father thought it was his god-given right to slap my mother around. I then became the child of a single-parent household after my mother finally divorced him.

I think that if she HADN'T divorced him, I would have ended up far more damaged. See, life as a kid in a single-parent household isn't easy. it's really, truly not. Especially in a case like mine where your parent really had no marketable skills, and had to pull sixteen hours working two jobs in retail. it's harder than hell.

But at least I never again had to see my mother curled up in the bathroom, vomiting blood because the guy that was supposed to love and cherish her saw her only as a penis-sheath and didn't like to be told "not tonight." As a child of a divorced household, I never again had to take my little sister and hide at a neighbor's house while my mother and father got into one of their "arguments" that consisted mostly of her crying while he knocked her around and screamed abuse at her. Even though as a teenager I harbored severe resentment for my mother never having time between her jobs for me or my sister, I still knew that the situation we had was a definite improvement over the one we had left.

While we're on the subject of punishment for transgressions, by the way, I consider men who hit women to be undeserving of their own testicles, and it is fully within my physical ability and moral (if not legal) right to relieve said person of those two burdensome organs. It's sort of like cutting off the hands of a thief, I guess. Lay a hand on a woman in anything other than necessary self-defense within my line of sight, and I will be finding a way to kick-start your career as a soprano soloist.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a pregnant friend of mine came home from work to her "loving", unemployed husband one night. It was payday, and she had cashed her check, the money was in her pocket, and well, it was all going to go for bills and groceries...........or so she thought...
well, he demanded the money, which she refuse to give him...so, well, he pushed her down the stairs, took the money and headed to the bar!! she miscarried, so, well, I guess that fine "loving" husband saved that little baby a lifetime of trauma, didn't he??? luckily she lives in a country where the laws and society accepted the fact that she may have reason to divorce her husband, as well as prosecute the guy!! there were shelters for her to stay as well as financial assistance while she got her life back together. And, I doubt that her fist son had any more trauma than he would have had if she had stayed with this poor excuse of a father!!!

I kind of doubt that you believe anything that you are saying, if you do, I truly feel sorry for you. I'm sorry, but if two people can't get along well enough not to resort to physical violence, well, then it is better for all involved that they each go their separate ways and maybe find someone that they can be happy with.....

edit on 28-5-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I can't believe I didn''t read through this thread earlier, it's good stuff...thanks OP for sharing this, it is an eye opener. I am going to admit that I actually lauged pretty hard through most of it, not because this is a funny issue, but because I could not get the idea of "correctly beat your wife" out of my head.

I went strait to the horse's mouth and asked my wife..."Honey, how do you think a man should properly beat his wife?"...and to make a long story short...she is still yelling!

Apparently my wife shares my opinion on this one, and these men are complete fools!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You ignorant Americans are utterly hopeless. Illiterate, illogical, boorish cattle. I write in a second language and do a better job than you do in your own mother tongue. You did not listen to the message, instead merely reacted as foolish children do toward something of which they can not conceive.
According to your own reason, when a person does something wrong, such as committing a crime, the severity of punishment depends upon their gender. Preposterous! Is this how your judiciary operates?
There is a time and place for everything. Sometimes, after the failure of diplomacy, force is required as a final resolution. How is it you are unable to understand a concept so simple such as this?
Instead of asking first what the woman did to deserve a beating, you reply with a blanket response attempting to edify my culture on propriety, a culture that has existed thousands of years before your own!
This is why we ought to never waste our time arguing with fools.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This is why we ought to never waste our time arguing with fools.

NO comment.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You think hitting your wife is okay. You think God gave you the right. You think you DESERVE this right. You think this is more logical than any other option.

We really need not know more about you. The Devil can speak a thousand tongues, but only Demons think he sounds like God.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You think hitting your wife is okay. You think God gave you the right. You think you DESERVE this right. You think this is more logical than any other option.

We really need not know more about you. The Devil can speak a thousand tongues, but only Demons think he sounds like God.

As it is written in your own Christian bible:

1 Corinthians 11:3-9

3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is for the glory of the man.

8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

If you disagree with this, then you are against the word of God.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Do you require more evidence that the woman is to serve the man?

Ephesians 5:22-24 "wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."

There is no talk of how women are equal to men written in the holy scriptures of Islam, Christianity and Judaism. You got this idea from lesbian feminists who spell the word, "women", as "womyn". I have seen even a number of your Protestant pastors are homosexuals. If these are your community leaders, it is no wonder you are confused. Women and homosexuals have no place as clergy in a church, synagogue or mosque. If you do not agree with this then you had better reread your bible.
edit on 28-5-2011 by SonofPeleus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Words of the Apostle Paul, not Christ, and in my opinion, The Apostle Paul is the man who ruined Christianity.

I see no reason to support any backwards religion.

These religions have done far more harm than good.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

slavery is also part of many age old cultures, and we don't particularly like that one either...

the holy books were all written close to a thousand years ago or so. by clinging to the beliefs of those who lived so long ago, claiming their infallibility, aren't we kind of hindering the growth of the human spirit?
in our culture, well, most offenders don't get punished until there is a trial, with a judge and a jury, along with proof that a transgression has occurred. the punishment is handed down by society.
and we don't believe that burning a man's dinner, or displeasing a man in and of itself is a basis to start handing out punishments. and well, the laws are set in writing, not written by husband, but by legislators and the consensus of the people....
but, well, let me ask you something...
who should your wife be obeying, really....
christ said that his children would know his voice and obey only him.....
not father..
not priest....
not gov't...
not husband!!
if obedience is given to any of the above it is only because it is the desire of God, and what God is given, God can surely take away!!
and second, if your wife knows she is gonna be beat by you if she displeases you, if she knows that the food she eats, is only given to her by your mercy, if she knows that the only protection that is provided to her is through you, ummm.....who should she be praying to?? you or God???
the Quaran clearly states, that because you depend on the man, you should obey them!! not because God ordained it that way....but rather because the society that the women saw themselves in make it darned near impossible for a women to survive without a male guardian taking care of her!
many american women can make it just fine without a male guardian,.....others are actually sharing the traditional responsibilities of the man with their spouses.....so, well, is more of a cooperative effort on their part than it is actual dependency or one to another...if anything, they depend on each other.
so well...just where do you think that leaves the obedience, male dominate in the marriage bit???
again, it's only the dependency that many cultures actually go to great lengths to impose on women that causes the servitude that calls for obedience and hence "punishments"....

edit on 28-5-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm not Christian. But nice try.

Men who beat their wives, give their daughters to their buddies, and make laws to make that all okay do so because they know and fear that the women they "have" would NEVER actually choose to stay with them if they knew what they actually think and what you actually are.

You know they shouldn't love you and therefore you know they won't. All you've got is fear and "respect" which you know you have to beat into them because you can't earn it. Which makes you dislike women even more - you know that no reasonable person who wasn't having their souls crushed like a maggot would never ever want to live with people like you. So you hate them more for their weakness, and if they do show any love you're disgusted with them even more.

You don't deserve it, and you know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join