It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Cleric: Rules for "gentle" wife-beating and 90% of British women desire a "strong man".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Still not sure, perhaps they are referring to rolled-up newspaper?
Yeah right.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe this is what they mean.
Perhaps a "mild" Taliban beating:
(Note, disturbing clip)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Yeah, sure, compared to forcing a woman to always have her head covered in public is comparative to a women being required to cover a minimum amount of her breasts in public. Sure!

We're not children. The argument that ''forcing a woman to cover up her head is much more worser[sic] than forcing her to cover up her breasts'' is idiotic and juvenile, and is more akin to the level of discussion and debate that you would expect amongst schoolchildren.

More importantly, nobody - in a Western society - can legally force a woman to wear a Burqa or Niqab.

Your whole attitude is patronising and arrogant, and exudes a discriminatory, sexist slant towards women: ''I know what's 'best' for them''.

If a woman chooses to wear a burqa or niqab, then it is her choice; not the choice of a patronising man telling her that she shouldn't be allowed to wear the garment.

Mind your own business about the clothes that a woman wears !

If being a monoculturalist means being against a culture that supports wife beating, I guess that makes me a monoculturalist.

A culture that supports wife-beating will not last 5 minutes in a Western country which prohibits this behaviour - such as the UK.

Incredibly enough, our legal process is not interested or influenced by the religion or irreligion of the victim or perpetrator.

If you look at the statistics on domestic abuse in the US and UK, for example, you'll see that 'men' who use violence against their wives or girlfriends aren't exactly doing so because of religious belief.

These 'men' clearly have power and control 'issues', and the full force of the law will come down on them because of their illegal and unethical actions.

That would make most of the people who embrace most of the cultures on this planet monculturalists, while the most intolerant of cultures would be viewed as multicultural. Yeah, that makes sense.

How so ?

Multiculturalism flourishes here in the UK, and, despite the comments that you may hear from the MSM, especially The Daily Express, The Daily Telegraph, and the The Daily Fail, there is no danger of ''blood on the streets'' and, in fact, multiculturalism benefits Britain's towns and cities a lot !

edit on 27-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

No, the idea that expecting a woman to cover her breasts in public places is somehow comparable with wearing a burqa is juvenile and stupid.

What you support is the tools that enable men to dominate women, and control and abuse women, and it is the men who push the wearing of the burqa, and the evidence is overwhelming. Your twisted attempt to claim the opposite isn't fooling anyone.

Multiculturalism flourishes, except in dealing with Muslims, who refuse to embrace multiculturalism, and instead insists on forcing their own barbaric ways on everyone else. Plenty of Brits post here to witness that, and of course numerous articles are available on the subject. This problem doesn't exist only in Britain, but the rest of Europe as well, heck the rest of the world.

edit on 27-4-2011 by poet1b because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

You're not only ignorant but I smell a racist from long ways. Let me take one example, Spain is part of the Western culture. Every single day I watch the news over there, a woman is killed by a jealous husband/boyfriend.
One night I woke up from hearing a female shouting for her life for a couple of minutes, then it stopped. The next day I saw on the news that the woman was stabbed to death.

I can go on and on and on and on and on

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is only proof of their own weakness...
...not a revelation of their superiority.

The truth is that women are stronger than men...
...and males (I can not call them men) in some cultures...
...feel a need to equalize the natural inequality with their women...
...by subjecting them to physical abuse.

Just so you know from whence I speak...
...I am 33 years married to the same women...
...and have two successful daughters.

The true strength of a man is revealed by enabling a womens' freedom...
...and getting out of their way.

edit on 27/4/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is the reason Islam will never rule the world...
...they enslave the stronger better half of their population.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

While it is refreshing to hear a man show admiration, and respect for our fairer sex. I cannot agree that women are stronger, better, etc... We are not equal. Neither sex is superior yet neither are we equal. I have a friend who is a female combat Marine. She is tough as nails, but feminine, professional, and an all around awesome person. She would be the first to tell you in an unpitched physical fight at 6'2" 230# I would mop the floor with her without breaking a sweat. She cannot match me in physical strength, or ability to take damage, and keep fighting. It is a matter of natural physique. It is also a myth that women can tolerate more pain than men. Men have a higher pain threshold on average than women, and it has been clinically proven. Women endure childbirth with the help of their specialized endocrine system, but on any other given day a noxious stimuli to an average man would not be perceived as being as painful as it would to an average woman.

Women are more emotionally intelligent than men are. They can be more rational than men in some situations. They can be utterly irrational in others, but so can men. We can respect, cherish, honor, and love each other without being "equal." We are different, and different on purpose. A well paired man, and woman compliment each other. Were we equal in all ways it would be mutual weakness. Equal in rights, and deserving of love, and respect yes. Equal in ability, skill sets, and purpose? No. Equal in importance, yes.

I love my wife because she is girly, and I don't always understand her. I don't want to understand her. I don't need to to support her. She doesn't always understand me either, but that isn't the point. We need to stop trying to understand each other because it will never happen. We need to learn to accept, and love each other without the need to understand. I think the need of the other sex to completely understand the other is born of fear, insecurity, and control issues.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
I'm not a feminist, but by golly gosh, this is wholeheartedly unacceptable. Is it ok for a woman to do the same to her husband, when he decides he is too tired to "put out?"
I bet its not.

My missus see's nothing wrong with hitting me, sometimes with the TV remote and she has even come at me with a knife before.

But if I lifted a finger against her, I am the bad guy. Why is it frowned upon, in thsi day of equal rights, for a man to hit a woman, but when the woman attacks the man we're supposed to toughen up and just deal with it? It's still a sexist attitutude for us to have in the West, both against the women for being perceived as weak and the man for having to just put up with the "abuse".

Regardless of what thse silly Islamists say, there is a definate imbalance in treatment in Western culture.

I've told my missus that if I was to be truly a believer in equal rights, the next time she comes at me with an object to hit me, I should be within my rights to out that threat to bed. However, society would frown upon that, as she is a "woman" and I am just supposed to put up with it.

Western society is still as sexist as it always was, we just have more red-tape and PC bullcrap to deal with.

Domestic abuse isn't a one sided story, it's just us men are supposed to just deal with it. The Police would laugh at me if I reported my missus the next time I get the remote round the back of my head because I forgot to take the rubbish out.

It hurts!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I don't know what part of the US your in but you wouldn;t be the first man here to file charges.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I don't know how it is in jolly old England, but we have a saying here. Better tried by 12 than carried by 6. If she is physically hitting you with anything, I believe that is called assault, and battery. A man never hits a "lady" if a female strikes first inappropriately, and without provocation, she has waived her rights as a "lady." If a person male or female came at me with a knife they better know how to use it, and use it quick. They would never get a second chance. You my friend need to leave this relationship now. No one deserves the treatment you are getting. Abusers do not change. Leave my friend, and do not look back. then find yourself a good woman. they are out there.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
My missus see's nothing wrong with hitting me, sometimes with the TV remote and she has even come at me with a knife before.

But if I lifted a finger against her, I am the bad guy. Why is it frowned upon, in thsi day of equal rights, for a man to hit a woman, but when the woman attacks the man we're supposed to toughen up and just deal with it? It's still a sexist attitutude for us to have in the West, both against the women for being perceived as weak and the man for having to just put up with the "abuse".

It's because 95% of the time, a grown man is physically stronger than a grown woman. It's cowardly to attack someone who is not physically your equal, which is why it's even worse for a grown adult to attack a small child or an elderly or disabled person.

Depending on a woman's age, she could also potentially be carrying a baby, which means that any physical assault upon her could also damage or even kill her unborn baby.

However, you should be able to attack anyone, pre-emptively or as an act of self-defence, if you believe that you are in immediate danger of serious injury.

I wouldn't hesitate in physically incapacitating a little old lady if she was beating the crap out of me with her walking stick !

If your missus is coming after you in anger with a knife, then there is no reason why you shouldn't physically stop her in whatever way you see fit.

It sounds to me as if she is taking advantage of the fact that you won't retaliate, which - if you'll forgive me - makes her behaviour rather cowardly.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
if a person decides to locate themselves in a country with different customs and laws, then they should expect to be held accountable to those laws, not expect them to be change to suit the customs from the country that they left!! otherwise, you will have many groups of people following many sets of laws and there will be no solidarity, no country!! and well, if we were to make wife beating legal to suit the few cultures that support such an idea, well, the western world kind of values the idea of equality, so I guess we would also have to make husband beating just as legal!! which, I am sure is not what the Islamic people want!!!
so, let the marital wars begin!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Women are amoral creatures. Their modus operandi revolves around self-serving and attention-seeking behaviour.
A woman has no real concept of right and wrong; good and evil. 'Right' is whatever serves their purposes. 'Wrong' is anything that gets in their way. Anyone who's really known a woman is acutely aware of this.
Sometimes, when a woman gets out of control, acting irrationally, hysterically, and committing behavior that is destructive to herself and/or the family unit, the correct thing to do, after having exhausted all other alternatives, is to bring her back to her senses with a measured, reasonable beating. A real man is able to accept and carry out this responsibilty even though the idea of it may sicken him. It is a means to an end and a true sign of committment to the relationship vows taken in wedlock. This is why we call it, 'tough love'.
Unfortunately, we now live in a decadent and corrupt society in which hippie-esque sentimentality has taken over old fashioned common sense. At the centre of every happy, successful family is a husband and father who is loved, feared and respected. Negotiating democratically with women and children only results in spoiled, infantile, self-indulgent dependents.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofPeleus

seriously? lol.

remind me to keep my daughters away from your family.

it's like having an asian family next door that breeds dogs for food. no reason to get more specific.

sorry, it just don't fit in a western culture.

yes, abuse happens and it is common but not condoned by anyone. legal or religious.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus
Women are amoral creatures. Their modus operandi revolves around self-serving and attention-seeking behaviour.
A woman has no real concept of right and wrong; good and evil. 'Right' is whatever serves their purposes. 'Wrong' is anything that gets in their way. Anyone who's really known a woman is acutely aware of this.
Sometimes, when a woman gets out of control, acting irrationally, hysterically, and committing behavior that is destructive to herself and/or the family unit, the correct thing to do, after having exhausted all other alternatives, is to bring her back to her senses with a measured, reasonable beating. A real man is able to accept and carry out this responsibilty even though the idea of it may sicken him. It is a means to an end and a true sign of committment to the relationship vows taken in wedlock. This is why we call it, 'tough love'.
Unfortunately, we now live in a decadent and corrupt society in which hippie-esque sentimentality has taken over old fashioned common sense. At the centre of every happy, successful family is a husband and father who is loved, feared and respected. Negotiating democratically with women and children only results in spoiled, infantile, self-indulgent dependents.

If this isn't trolling I'll eat my heavy leather cat'o'nine tails.
Sound's like it came straight out of *The Victorian Gentleman's guide to marital bliss*

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You would permit a histrionic female to erode and ultimately annihilate years of effort invested building and protecting your family unit? When a woman acts out, it's usually because she feels she is not getting enough of the right kind of attention. I'm not advocating beatings as a default measure, but rather to be used as a last resort. Why is it that divorce rates have skyrocketed in tandem with the growth of the feminist movement? Women don't know what's best for them. They have to be taught and it takes a strong man to do so. No emotional female has the right to rip apart your household, taking from you your children, your wealth, your identity to share her bed with other men. That is an affront to you, your family, and the oaths she took in marriage.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonofPeleus
reply to post by fooks

You would permit a histrionic female to erode and ultimately annihilate years of effort invested building and protecting your family unit? When a woman acts out, it's usually because she feels she is not getting enough of the right kind of attention. I'm not advocating beatings as a default measure, but rather to be used as a last resort. Why is it that divorce rates have skyrocketed in tandem with the growth of the feminist movement? Women don't know what's best for them. They have to be taught and it takes a strong man to do so. No emotional female has the right to rip apart your household, taking from you your children, your wealth, your identity to share her bed with other men. That is an affront to you, your family, and the oaths she took in marriage.

What the hell did Fooks say that warranted some dirge about woman being home wreckers?
You either come across as a rabid hurt male, desperate to tell your lifestory or just someone who's bought into this whole all women are evil rubbish.
Need yer bumps felt.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SonofPeleus

ya, well the women i hang with, have none of those attributes.

sorry you end up with leeches.

i treat them as another human.

i don't have the energy or desire to impose MY will on them.

we share.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You are both wrong. I have been in a very happy, loving relationship for many years. Idyllic, even.
This is because I laid down the law early.
Conversely, I've watched countless numbers of family friends go through separation and divorce only to lose everything: ending up miserablely alone, or to perpetuate shallow meaningless relationships well into middle age.
Usually, but not always, the men involved in these failed relationships were too impotent to control or satisfy their women: females either lost respect for their unmanly partners and emasculated them, or, lost interest in the relationship altogether opting for greener pastures fancying a better 'trade up'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join