It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

they are thinking at wiping out the reactors of fukushima !?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hello,

i live in india. Last night I was talking to a japanese friend living here as well

he told me very seriously that because the rain season is coming, and situation is dramatic they are planning to bomb the reactors; otherwise in june, during the rain season all the radiation will fall directly on the whole island.

He's waiting for that before going back to japan for the summer.

i've been looking on the english www didn't find any corroborating source.

please understand that my friend is not hoaxing/playing game with us. too much nice plain block affected by what happened in his home.

The information he got may be erroneous however.

I was so shocked when he told us, i just said "no no no", then we got distracted but i'll probably see him again tonight so i'll get back to you with the how he got the information later on.

in the mean time if anyone with the appropriate knowledge can speculate on how they would do that and what the fallback would be

thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Maybe he means bomb them with boron and concrete. Like they did at Chernobyl. This should stop radio-isotopes from being released, or at least, lower them. Bombing them with actual bombs would.... just spread all the radioactive isotopes around... which is the opposite of what they're trying to do.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

By "bombing" the reactor you ensure a massive release of material causing untold problems for Japan and the rest of the world. It would be a last ditch effort IMO and not the best choice, but really, they are running out of options

They have failed to cool the rods, both stored and active. fission is taking place outside of reactors and possibly in #4 storage pool (what;s left of it). they can't just cover it like Chernobyl as it's right beside the ocean and would still leak through.

There's very little risk of an uncontrolled nuclear explosion, even if they bomb the site, as you need critical mass with the fuel for the chain reaction to be self sustaining.

In my humble opinion, bombing the site would spread debris everywhere and compound the issue.

This has indeed been discussed here before. I have not seen any official documentation showing Japan is considering it, but the option has been discussed.

Best case scenario....

bomb the site, destroy most of the fuel.

worst case scenario....

bomb the site, initial explosion pressure wave compacts the stored fuel, reaching critical mass, it explodes with the bomb.

that's a long shot, but that's how bombs and reactors are different, bombs use explosives to compress the fuel so tightly packed that any atom that splits is sure to split another atom, which is the chain reaction.

In a reactor fuel isn't so compact and control rods with graphite are used to capture some of the neutrinos, as well as the water ponds. A reactor is controlled, a bomb in uncontrolled.

If it comes to that, the situation has seriously lost any hope of containment.

the fuel rods need to be cooled, and in come cases they are damaged and the uranium pellets have been released. When dealing with radioactive material you want to limit the exposed area as much as possible. With the rods still at the reactors, it's fairly contained. Isotopes are escaping yes, but they decay and can't travel that far on their own. Once you destroy that facility you have lost all hopes of cooling the rods, in fact, you would destroy them, release the pellets and spread the dangerous Zone wide, whilst blasting material and dust up into the air stream like chernobyl.
edit on 26-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure they would like to do it before the rainy season would drop all the fallout on Japan. They'd rather do something now while it will still blow all over the USA...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't think that they will blow up the reactors. That seems stupid as it would expel radioactive material up into the atmosphere.

They might cover them with concrete.

Right now, they are covering the grounds with resins to prevent radioactive dust from spreading. Link

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Everytime I think of the japan situation, The words... "Japan must go to the sea" comes to mind. These were Edgar Casey's words in his prophecy's. He did not say Japan will go to the sea, he said Japan must go to the sea. Did he know something more to do with Japans present situation. Id love to know from someone more knowledgable on here what the effects would be on the nuclear fuel rods and the radiation levels if this were to happen, given the fact that the sea level drops to over 20,000ft off the coast of Japan. Would the water at those depths be cool enough and have enough circulation to fix the problem, or would the situation be more serious and further contaminate the oceans.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Something I've said they should've done since day one. That place was irreparable once the tsunami hit. Of course they wait till its 5x worse than Chernobyl to do anything about it. Figures.
They'll bury the place under a field of concrete. They're not "wiping it out" as the title states.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Figures, if the sea or North America gets radiated... its okay.
As soon as the stuff that is being dumped on NA is about to get dumped on Japan, they go into insane overdrive and bring out the big guns

Why couldn't they have done this a few week(s) ago and be done with it since they are actually considering this option based on the OP?
edit on 4/26/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
he told me very seriously that because the rain season is coming, and situation is dramatic they are planning to bomb the reactors
I think it's semantics.

Read this article:

www.veteranstoday.com...

“Let’s Make Them Chernobyl the Reactors!”

Remember, as Albert Einstein famously said “There are no secrets.” The facts of Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima are all known. There is no mystery; there are no excuses; in short, there is no other way. Bomb the # out of The Fukushima Killing Machine. Get off your asses and do it. It takes aircraft, sand, boron, water, concrete, and the simple will to “Chernobyl the Reactors.[3]”
They talk about bombing the reactors with sand, boron, and concrete just like Chernobyl.

I wouldn't call it bombing, but apparently some people do, it does involve dropping loads of material from an aircraft.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Maybe he means bomb them with boron and concrete. Like they did at Chernobyl. This should stop radio-isotopes from being released, or at least, lower them. Bombing them with actual bombs would.... just spread all the radioactive isotopes around... which is the opposite of what they're trying to do.

They had to do that at the beginning. It has 90 minutes after losing cooling for meltdown. The 24 hours on the first day, was severe meltdown.

They would have to tunnel under the ground and make a huge cushion of Boron.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
They can't do what they want to do.

This is really serious. There are so many reactors in trouble. They are talking about a procedure that sacrifices 1/3 of the world to save the planet.

They need to pull out of the backsides the technology they really have to stop the fission and clean up the radiation.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What I've read so far is that the installation can't be buried in any stuff as it would simply melt and cement might even explode. So far they have been using sandbags of zeolite which absorps some of the radioactive material.

Covering it like a dome would only make the radioactive material seep into the ground and into the ocean. Which is another big concern as the surface water becomes more and more contaminated because of all the dumping from helicopters trying to cool the core, now when the typhoon season starts in a few weeks the ground might become so soaked the contaminated water would reach deeper into the ground coming into contact with water that is used for drinkwater.

Now there's also 70.000 tonnes of contaminated water in the basements of the reactors (1, 2 & 3) which they can't just pump out and store elsewhere.

I'd rather have all that contaminated stuff staying in one place rather than dumping it into the ocean where the currents might spread it all over the planet.

www.iaea.org...
edit on 26/4/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As I recall, they were at one point discussing using a 10 kiloton warhead in each of the reactors and hope to vaporize the nuclear materials.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
thanks for your interesting inputs;

i talked to him again: the info came from a Japanese family that just fled japan (and came to india).

I don't know this guys yet, will try to meet them and find out some more.

Although looking at the answers here i'm guessing they were mentioning the bombing with concrete.

In any case from those japanese voices, there seem to be a hurry to find a drastic solution before june and the rain season.

me is going in japan in 2 weeks, so me is getting tense about the whole thing

thank you, more after i meet this japanese family if they are still around

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If they were to properly nuke the plant, I'm still not convinced this would solve the issue. You'd also have the fallout of The Bomb to deal with.

The best solution is not to build any more of these disaster areas. I still can't believe the stupid UK Government are thinking of going ahead with nuclear!!

Germany is looking like nuclear is dead there, with the existing plants being shut down. They are currently discussing coal (I bet they wish they didn't so strongly push the MMGW lies now
).
edit on 4-5-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join