It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Shift phenomena and possibly a 2012 connection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This here is a personal theory and it may be way out there. But I have been mulling over this possibility for a long long time in my mind.
What if the Reality Shifts being experienced at an increasing rate is because of the transition that new agers keep talking about coming in 2012? This means that some will make the transition with this world, but others will shift realities to be in a world of a lower vibration because they are not ready to transition. This could also go along with the rapture scenario in some ways, as well.
So I ask ATSers what do you think? Do you think those of us experiencing reality shifts are going to be the Left Behind? Or are we the opposite, those who will make the transition? That is, assuming we are going to be transitioning as a hypothetical.

edit on 26-4-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarity and left out words

edit on 26-4-2011 by ldyserenity because: add a line

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think the Sumerian Texts tell it all.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
This here is a personal theory and it may be way out there. But I have been mulling over this possibility for a long long time in my mind.
What if the Reality Shifts being experienced at an increasing rate is because of the transition that new agers keep talking about coming in 2012? This means that some will make the transition with this world, but others will shift realities to be in a world of a lower vibration because they are not ready to transition. This could also go along with the rapture scenario in some ways, as well.
So I ask ATSers what do you think? Do you think those of us experiencing reality shifts are going to be the Left Behind? Or are we the opposite, those who will make the transition? That is, assuming we are going to be transitioning as a hypothetical.

I think 2012 is a bunch of fear mongering and nothing will happen. All the people who have wasted alot of worry on 2012 are probably the same ones who were duped by Y2K. Its just the government trying to scare us, please dont buy into it!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Very good question.

Everything in this world is but a mirror image, an exact opposite if you will, ( as in a shadow of things to come) so to think that a few would make a transition to that which is no longer this world is not so far fetched or far off the mark.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A refreshingly simple new idea

Universe Begin As a Simple 1-D Line?
My ? is 2012 = 4D?

edit on 4/26/2011 by itsallamile because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Independent

It's all just hypothetical.
What can I say I am bored.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Independent

You're on the side that's probably correct.

I've been studying the Maya. I think it was a simple misunderstanding that has lead to such "mass hysteria." I don't think the average person can comprehend that the Mayan were mostly cyclical. The Mayan calender is based off the Mayan "Long Count", which, after the math, adds up to 5,126 years before restarting at the beginning of the cycle.

In the case of the Popul Vuh, many people have just interpreted that since the Mayans believed the world was destroyed four times prior to our's, it will just happen again. I've heard some people call it a spiritual advancement, which would be nice, but since it is a cycle. Nothing will probably happen.

However, we cannot find out anything in either direction until that day comes.

The link below explains the counting system a bit and its relation to 2012, focusing more on the math.

www.mayan-calendar.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Curiosity and pondering is where we find out the most wonderful things.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've already had my personal 2012 in 2008. I think the 2012 date is just the peak of an Earth bound radiation increase mountain. The "open to change" DNA absorbs this radiation and turns things on &/or off in the coding. The affects of which won't be really seen for a generation or 2.

Those who are blocked off from this radiation via low vibrational energy reception won't receive this DNA recoding, and will probably continue voting for these Presidental cousins and hoping things change for the better and believing the same political BS they regurgitate every 4 years.
My 2 cents.
edit on 26-4-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This question cannot be answered accurately.

Be well
edit on 4/26/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Curiosity and pondering is where we find out the most wonderful things.

Elvenhart replied with this a few up the thread. I agree.

The thing though is that you were not bored. The influx of trivialities which constantly surround us, for a moment lost their luster for you, the jingly jangly sensationalisms that command our everyday attention had stretched thin and failed to entertain you and your consciousness naturally did what consciousness does. It begins to work for itself.

Once we begin nurturing these rare moments within ourselves the outside jingly jangly continues to call us but when it fails, as it always does, these moments become not so rare at all and we are never bored again.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The rest of us had a meeting and it was decided after much debate that we'd leave you behind. Better luck next time and no hard feelings.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It is quite possible isn't it.
And quite a hopeful scenario too.

Imagine the people who really want a change to a world with only freedom, respect & time for genuine creativity and no negativity will be automatically taken to this new dimension and the others who do not believe this to be possible or feel this is what life is about, will be left behind till they see the light.

i really really hope so
getting weary and tired with the ways of this life in this world in its present setup

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

That is Semi-True and I thought about the same thing, that the "2012ers" thinking about 2012, and spreading this awareness is the actual cause of the consciousness shift itself.

There are also 3 scenarios and they aren't really making sense. I don't think anyone has a clear picture to what will happen in the future.

We have: Upcoming rapture date. Which means a large portion of people on this planet will be sent to a better place... and the rest to be here with demons and all kinds of evil.

2012 Galactic alignment with the center of the milky way. Some people say this is going to emit some sort of energy which will enlighten us.

Then there's the vibration thing. If people 'vibrate' on these certain frequencies then they will ascend. while others stay here and etc.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Are you asking about this new-age?

After being a skeptic for a long time about new-age, His answers resonates the truest words I've heard. If he is right then great, if not nothing lost by hearing him.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen in 2012, at least nothing anybody has suggested will happen. The science is quite simply not there. The New Agey theories are impossible to prove either way, for obvious reasons, and unless everybody woke up on 12/22 with a completely different outlook on life, it would be impossible to prove after the fact as well. Spiritual notions are impossible to quantify scientifically at present. Anything other than things we know, such as certain celestial alignments will be in the sky (which have no effect on anything other than where the pretty lights in the sky seem to be relative to earth) and that 12/21/12 exists as a date... idle, baseless speculation, imho.

I do have a theory about 2012. It came from years of believing in and even wanting something to happen in 2012 that would change the world as we know it. And that is this:

We live in a world that seems increasingly mad. We hear of unjust wars, inhuman poverty, social oppression, lying politicians, criminal CEOs, a savagely ruined environment, greed, fear, hate, misery, on and on and on. The lives we lead seem to become more hollow, shallow, and devoid of meaning, year after year. And the problems aren't small enough for any one person to tackle by themselves and actually fix, as these problems spiral out of control, more and more; and we all become more trapped in the daily grind, just to survive, with enough free time to read or watch television (or post on ATS) or whatever, for an hour or so, before going to bed to repeat the process again in the morning; but not enough time to go out and do something about it all. We are frightened, we are disgusted, we are dissatisfied, and we see no other way out than the end of the friggin world. (Or, for more optimistic folks, involuntary enlightenment of the human race.)

And, somewhere in between the complacency and the fear, we have forgotten as a species how to be proactive about things. We've forgotten how to make our lives better, how to make the lives of others better, how to stop making destructive decisions, how to oust those who seek to enslave us, etc. The solution, however, is not to hope for the end of the world. I don't know what the solution is. But I know that it's not that, and I know that it's not more of the same things that got us here.

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it.
edit on 27-4-2011 by nithaiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
I think the Sumerian Texts tell it all.

What Sumerian texts have you been reading?

Not intended as sarcasm; I'm interested to know. I've heard several people talk of Sumerian texts, and the only one I've read is portions of the Epic of Gilgamesh, and I even question much of the conventional translations of that.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Yeah that's it what he was saying at the beginning of the video that's what I am trying to get at. Thank you for that video, very interesting.
I have to say I neither believe nor disbelieve in anything happening in 2012 I am still on the fence, but yet I have noticed on a daily basis little tiny differences from day to day in my life, then add in all the threads about time slips and reality shifts. That just makes me wonder if they could be related, is all.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Read the Zechari Sitichlins books.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

I have already ready a number of his books actually. I read a few of them while I was in high school. It was immensely interesting stuff. But I'm not sure if Sitchin was 100% on everything he said, and I've also heard others mention things from Sumerian texts that I never saw in Sitchin's work at all. Which is why I asked you, because I'm genuinely interested in finding other sources for Sumerian information.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join