It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solving the debt crisis : economists suggesting to steal medicare and social security fun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is insane.

More Fraudulent Suggestions: "Solving" Debt Crisis

You're not going to believe this....

Writing in the April 20 edition of Investors Business Daily, economists James Carter and Pete Davis suggest that the current construction of the federal debt limit “has no basis in economic reality.”

Oh really? What is being proposed here?

What Congress could choose to do is send legislation to the president that actually cuts—not increases, but cuts—the debt limit by several trillion dollars simply by making clear that the limit only applies to publicly held debt. [See editorial cartoons about the budget and deficit.]

Oh that's nice. Read between the lines folks - Social Security and Medicare would be taken off-sheet - that is, their legal status as "not really debt" would be turned into reality from a debt perspective.

There's nothing like admitting in public and advocating for what I've said for the last four years in this column: Social Security and Medicare are not debts to from a standpoint of the government and you have no right to one thin dime of that alleged benefit.

Now you're seeing actual proposals to formalize that legal reality into actual policy in the form of cooking the books of the Federal Government.

First Ben Bernanke steals all the retirees income with his ZIRP policies, then the government ratifies in formal policy what has been the case in the law for 30 years - they steal all the Social Security and Medicare funds by declaring them not debt.

This, incidentally, is exactly what Greece did - they hid the costs of retiree programs through outright fraudulent edifices in their accounting, claimed to be running deficits that were in line with EU requirements, and when the truth showed up they detonated.

Oh, and that hasn't been fixed either, despite the bleating out of Europe. Have you looked at Greece's 2yr borrowing rate lately?

Welcome to Greece and outright budgetary fraud - here, in the United States.

Nice uh? And the government in power, democrats and republicans, are insane enough to do it. Maybe not in the next few days or weeks, but it is coming.... why? Because well there's no money in those funds. It was all taken.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The citizens shouldn't accept anything other than bringing troops home, closing foreign bases and cutting the defense budget in a major way. This serves our interests on many levels.

We get THAT done, then we discuss the other steps.

We spend ~550 billion to project our might globally. Our capabilities are so great that in most cases we can put more firepower on an enemy, more quickly that the nations that are nextdoor!

I'm pretty sure we can defend our boarders and keep the ability to project a reasonable show of force with only 300 billion.

When we make the rest of NATO look inept and our enemies are driving Toyotas with soviet era MG's welded to the bed, I think we can surmise that our efforts are wasted in large part.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
im not going to see any of it anyway so by all means take it. And when you take it stop taxing me on it!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Social Security has ALWAYS been just another revenue stream for the Federal Government. It was just an additional income tax placed upon the citizen. It NEVER was a Fund. The Federal Government would transfer the money to the Federal Reserve as soon as it was collected then borrow the money , at interest, back to pay the commitment. It would be illegal for a citizen to run an investment fund in a similar fashion. So in my book that makes Social Security a Criminal enterprise.

Second:

Think about this.

The Federal Government is spending money like there is no tomorrow…Right….Not even the fools in Washington are this stupid.

Maybe they are spending and Printing money like there is no tomorrow, because there is no tomorrow….Put that in you pipe and smoke it.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wha..wha...what?? No tomorrow?

In a way I hope so. In a way I don't.

The entire money system is just so silly. People struggling just to get by, forced to pay into something to their 'benefit' and in the end they just get stabbed in the back and all they get is a 'sorry'. Are people too afraid to speak up? Ron Paul isn't. I know a lot of people in general are fed up with the system, but it all falls on deaf ears. Seems most people in politics are more worried about what the other politicians might think of them as opposed to actually listening and putting the peoples issues out on the floor.

So when this whole stack of cards comes falling down? Then what?

Do you guys think it would be better if it all came crashing down within a weeks time, it might cause some havoc in that supply chains and stuff would be disrupted, and people might be out of work. Or should it be a gradual change, as we are seeing with the higher gas prices and people starting to ride bikes/mopeds/growing gardens.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why don't we change the debt held by the bankers and the interest payments to "not really debt either" and cut that first?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, I have been recalling that scene in The GodFather Part II, in Cuba. Ya know. When Michael and Fredo had to flee. Well, if these politicians keep laying waste and baren this nation, by continuing to steel and steel and steel, maybe certain revolutionaries with rifles will suddenly overtake their posh mansions, during a fancy dinner party. Those sons of b*****s.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Isnt that where Clinton's "surplus" came from?

Fancy bookkeeping and pushing around SS?

Not that it matters. SS is just an excuse to horde stolen property into a general fund to be wasted at will.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Isnt that where Clinton's "surplus" came from?

Fancy bookkeeping and pushing around SS?

Not that it matters. SS is just an excuse to horde stolen property into a general fund to be wasted at will.

Yeah but fact is, Clinton NEVER HAD A SURPLUS. It was all a lie.

If you look it up on the treasury website.

And look at total US debt the day Clinton came in till he was out... the debt went up.

Bill Clinton mandate : January 1993 to January 2001.

Actual debt :
January 21 1993 : 4.174 trillion in debt.
January 21 2001 : 5.728 trillion in debt.

So a 1.6 trillion deficit during Clinton's mandate. So all those who say ``Clinton has a surplus`` are either liars or ignorant. Most likely ignorant.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
ya....think I'll declare myself debt free this year....what's good for the goose is also good for the gander!!! I'll just inform the gov't of my debt free state next time tax season comes along and they want that extra two or three hundred dollars.......

wonder how much of this "out of control debt" that we have can be contributed to the fact that social security isn't running those nice big surpluses every year now...
something for everyone to think about here ya know?? Social security had been running surpluses every year up till a year or two ago I believe, and not only did our elected officials the revenue that the gov't brought in, but went through that surplus like candy!!! now everyone thinks that if they can do away with the social security, they can save a little tax money!!!

how you figure that??? they gov't is still gonna want ALL that money, for this or that, and oh, ya, let's not forget to give our rich friends here another nice big tax break!!.......they'll still be taking the money from ya one way or another, if not more, only, when it comes time for mom or dad to need a nursing home, well, it will be you footing the bill, because your mom or dad will have had their social security, their ira, their retirement fund looted, along with the value of any real esatate depreciated....
the gov't starts a million or so dollar a day war within weeks of claiming that the military might not be getting paid because they can't get their crap together enough to pass a stop gap measure......
with brains like these running the show, for some reason, I think you could slash all those social programs to nonexistance and it would solve nothing!!!

join