It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albert Ostman Bigfoot Story (lock if this has been brought up before)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So, in my several years of lurking, I have seen not one thread on the Albert Ostman bigfoot case.

The basic story of what happened, Albert Ostman, a British lumberman, was kidnapped by a family of bigfoots (bigfeet? what do you call multiple bigfoot?) in his sleeping bag and was held captive for over a week, befriending one of the younger bigfoot, and eventually escaping by getting the 'father' bigfoot to inhale tobacco, which incapacitated him, allowing Ostman to flee.

www.bigfootencounters.com...

Crazy as it seems, the account is just to detailed to be fake. What kind of person would go lose themselves in the woods for two weeks so that their story would be more believable? I just can't dismiss this case. Thoughts, everyone? Is he telling the truth? is he full of s**t? Had he been hitting them old timey forest shrooms?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterCrix

Crazy as it seems, the account is just to detailed to be fake.

and that;s where i disagree with you. Too many details equals fake to me. Liars will pepper their lie with little bits of information and details to help further the lie and lend credibility to it.

Stop and put yourself into this guys position. In a horrible kidnapping in the woods by giant hairy monsters, are you honestly going to be able to document every minute detail? Ever been in an accident or something similar? How much do you actually remember besides the rough details.

not much because in those situations your body pumps you full of adrenalin and you aren't really thinking straight, let alone taking notes.

To give reference to why someone would do this.....

About 2 years ago there was a kidnapping in my home town. The woman disappeared for almost a week or two, then reappeared in a city several hours away with a long detailed story about how she was approached in the parking lot, attacked, kidnapped, then kept in a basement for the entire ordeal being beating and raped.

Problem is, she made the entire thing up because she was cheating on her husband and almost got caught.

In the end she lost her job and I believe was charged with mischief or something and I'm fairly certain she had to pay a fine for the wasted time for the RCMP and police in 2 cities.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by MasterCrix

Crazy as it seems, the account is just to detailed to be fake.

and that;s where i disagree with you. Too many details equals fake to me. Liars will pepper their lie with little bits of information and details to help further the lie and lend credibility to it.

Stop and put yourself into this guys position. In a horrible kidnapping in the woods by giant hairy monsters, are you honestly going to be able to document every minute detail? Ever been in an accident or something similar? How much do you actually remember besides the rough details.

not much because in those situations your body pumps you full of adrenalin and you aren't really thinking straight, let alone taking notes.

To give reference to why someone would do this.....

About 2 years ago there was a kidnapping in my home town. The woman disappeared for almost a week or two, then reappeared in a city several hours away with a long detailed story about how she was approached in the parking lot, attacked, kidnapped, then kept in a basement for the entire ordeal being beating and raped.

Problem is, she made the entire thing up because she was cheating on her husband and almost got caught.

In the end she lost her job and I believe was charged with mischief or something and I'm fairly certain she had to pay a fine for the wasted time for the RCMP and police in 2 cities.

Well, you have a rather screwy idea of 'adrenaline', no offense. Adrenaline is something used to heighten your senses, give you a boost in a rough situation. Sure, he might have had that at first, gotten frantic, but after he slept, he probably came to terms with the fact that, 'holy crap, I've been kidnapped by bigfoot. I need to think rationally on how to make it out of this situation', instead of 'OHGODRUNAWAYTHEREAREMONSTERSINTHISCAVE'. It wears off after a while. If someone had so much adrenaline that they kept going for a week, they would drop dead as soon as it wore off.

As far as your story of the woman who claimed she was kidnapped, that took place in a city, somewhere that she could get food, water, shelter, the basics of life, and not in the woods where you'd need to be an expierienced survivalist to not die a horrible, horrible death. He had only six shells for his rifle, which is not in any way going to be enough to protect you from something like a bear, and rationed supplies that were not enough for a 2+week journey.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

EVERYTHING.....you remember every little detail down to a bottle cap crossing your field of vision....I was in an accident a few years ago with my son where my truck was struck from the SIDE at highway speed and flipped 4 times.

The accident lasted about 8 seconds. It played out to me and my son like a mini movie...I remember trash flying up and floating in front me as we rolled. An empty pack of cigarettes and the contents of my in cab trash bag to be more specific. I remember seeing my son try to grab onto the arm rest on our second flip. I actually had the frame of mind during all of this to grab him by his arm to keep him from being ejected. I remember sliding upside down for what seemed like hours.
I remember thinking "I hope the machete behind my seat dosn't come dislodged and fly out and cut one of our heads off". All of this in a matter of seconds.

Ask any war veteran if they remember the details during an ambush. Or the survivors of 9/11 what the faces of the people they passed in the stairwells looked like.

yep....Adrenaline....its a hell of a drug....
edit on 27-4-2011 by OneEleven because: for fun

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What has always impressed me with this case is Ostman's description of his captors. His claims first came to light long before the Patterson film. Yet instead of a "wild man" description that was prevalent around that time it was closer to descriptions of how a lot of people think of Bigfoot, today, more of an ape like creature and close to Patty from the film.

Also, he says he was with the Sasquatch family for days. Certainly long enough to make some considered observations.

The weak part of for me is him being warned about the Sasquatch and then encountering them but stranger coincidences have happened. Even to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Well just an FYI, I think this version is turned into something that is more storyish then the actual encounter, but who knows.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If a bigfoot family had given me that much hospitality, I would have tried to give back somehow. I would have tried to communicate and maybe showed them a few things I thought they might understand. Of course I would worry about doing the wrong thing that pisses them off, but not that concerned about escape as long as I had food and water. I wonder how bad the guy smelled after he escaped?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Wow, I remember this story in a magazine I used to get when I was in the boy scouts, I think it was called Boy's Life or something like that. The illustrations really freaked me out. That story is one of the first times I was exposed to bigfoot and it's at least partially responsible for my life long interest in forteana and all that is "strange". I'm flagging this for the sheer craziness factor and because it brought back memories of scouting and snipe hunting.

new topics

top topics

join