It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hellholes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The U.S. economy is dying and we are heading for the next Great Depression. The talking heads in the mainstream media love to spin the economic numbers around and around and they love to make it sound like the economy is improving, but the truth is that it doesn’t take a genius to see what is happening to the U.S. economic system. All over the nation many of our greatest cities are being slowly but surely transformed into post-apocalyptic wastelands. All over the mid-Atlantic, all along the Gulf coast, all throughout the “rust belt” and all over the entire state of California cities that once had incredibly vibrant economies are being turned into rotting, post-industrial hellholes.

If you still live in an area of the United States that is prosperous, do not mock the cities that you are about to read about. The cold, hard reality of the matter is that economic decline and economic despair are spreading rapidly and they will come to your area soon enough.

www.infowars.com...

The article is rather lengthy, but discusses the different cities that are now rotting pools of wasteland.
For example from the article:

In the city of Detroit today, there are over 33,000 abandoned houses, 70 schools are being permanently closed down, the mayor wants to bulldoze one-fourth of the city and you can literally buy a house for one dollar in the worst areas.

Its shocking and saddening to see what has happened to our country, and its only going to get worse.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What I also thought was interesting, we continue to here the current POTUS claim that the economy is stable, and we are coming out of the recession, and yet we have these statements that would refute that claim:

At the height of the economic downturn, the mayor of Detroit admitted that while the “official” unemployment rate in Detroit was about 27 percent, the “real” unemployment rate in his city was actually somewhere around 50 percent.

and this:

In a recent article entitled “City of Ruins“, Chris Hedges did an amazing job of documenting the horrific decline of Camden. Hedges estimates that the real rate of unemployment in Camden is somewhere around 30 to 40 percent,

20 percent of the residents of Los Angeles County are now receiving public aid of one form or another.

Its just maddening!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thank you for the contribution.

I ended up reading the entire article during lunch. WOW, sums it up very nicely. It is scary to think that this could happen in little ol rural West Grove (where I hail from)!!!

Words of advice:
- Stock up on food and Ammo
- Stockpile Charcoal and other heat / cooking sources.

You have heard it all before, just STOCK UP! It CAN and will happen in your neck of the woods eventually!

God bless those poor people...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

That much can be expected. Those cities mentioned are located in states that have traditionally been run by mental retards. The inhabitants of those cities are to blame for their current conditions.

It's not like they deserve more. They are the reason their cities have been turned into something that resembles the 3rd world.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

But besides the inevitable, I find it more shocking that our current POTUS is trying to sell the people on the idea that we are coming out of the recession, or claiming we are out of it, and yet the cities own mayors contradict that statement.

But regardless, the proverbial shizat is gonna hit the fan very soon here. Hell, gold and silver are at all time high's!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Whats happening in this world.

Good luck to everyone

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I hate the guy too. I do realize now that he is just the puppet on the stage of the bankers though...
Second line.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

All of this reminds me of that old movie called " Mad Max". Survival of the fittest in a barren waste land.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Of course President Obama and the MSM are going to say that "the economy is recovering and doing well".

It's all part of the big lie, kind of like Donald Trump saying "I'm worth way more than Forbes says" while refusing to say how much, or where it's coming from.

The Government and the markets are banking (literally) on the fact that the average person really isn't paying attention to what is going on. The market rally is a completely false rally, based on market manipulation by the Federal Reserve and the US Treasury. If the real value of the US dollar was realized, it would be worth a lot less than it is right now.

People have to look at the amount of money that the Fed are just printing off, completely unbacked, as part of their "quantitative easing" programs, makes me laugh that they are calling these "economic easing programs" when they should be called "economic crisis delay programs". If a household does this sort of spending with unbacked borrowing, sooner or later (usually sooner rather than later) they pay the price, and it's the same for Government.

The USA is like the rich neighbor who has a massive five bedroom house, two SUVs, a boat, a snowmobile or two and four kids in private schools. They have all the toys, with the lifestyle to match, and pretend that everything is fine. Meanwhile, they're in debt in tune of hundreds of thousands or in many cases over a million dollars, and completely ignoring that fact because "everything is fine".

In the case of the USA, they are heavily spending on all the "toys" that they can't afford, while completely ignoring the fact that they are trillions of dollars in debt. In case you haven't noticed, not a SINGLE person in Washington is talking about DEBT reduction, they're all talking about "how can we reduce the amount that we're adding to the debt each year".

Fiscal responsibility 101 - any financial adviser will tell you the first rule of financial responsibility is to quit spending beyond your means and eliminate debt completely, before any additional spending takes place. Rule 1? Cut up the credit cards, immediately. When you're trying to get back under fiscal control, the first lesson is that you have to make hard choices of (a) cutting things that you don't want to like cable tv and (b) raising income by getting a second job or working overtime.

Governments have to realize that for (a) it might mean unpopular cuts like defense spending and getting rid of or drastically cutting entitlement programs like medicaid, medicare, social security and for (b) raising revenue means higher taxes, for EVERYONE, or new taxes like a national sales tax.

Neither option are popular with anyone, but both options are completely necessary. The sooner the USA figures this out, the better off they'll be.
edit on 26-4-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

All of this reminds me of that old movie called " Mad Max". Survival of the fittest in a barren waste land.

Yeah, but "Mad Max" was fiction.

Have you read The Long Emergency by James Kunstler?

Among many different issues, he laid out how this very scenario of inner-cities going to rot would be inevitable. Well surprise, surprise. He was right!

With that in mind if he's right about how the rest of this is going to play out in the next several years then we are in for some really, really bad times.

Sorry for the doom and gloom but most of us do see the writing on the wall.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

you are right indeed. Creating credit and printing money out of thin air only does two things, 1) creates inflation, and 2) devalues the dollar.

Get your boots on, cuz the proverbial sh*t is gonna hit the fan.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Proverbial boots are already on, have been since 2008.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Your right, I havent read your book, but when it comes to the economic crises, I have read documents that were written my Ludwig von Mises, and he too saw this destruction coming many years ago. Whats funny, he died in 1973, and a few months prior to his death, he spoke at a convention, where he warned of the ruination of our country....one of the guests, who has based his economic platform by Mises and the Constitution?....Ron Paul.

Between Mises, Both Pauls, and Hayek, suggests that this financial disaster was seen coming many decades ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Proverbial boots are already on, have been since 2008.

Strapped mine on back in the 90's. Saw this shizat coming long before Clinton.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It is a fact that the economy is in poor health, and that many cities are in slow decline, Detroit being one of the most (if not THE most) dramatic examples. However, there is truth to the statement of "Focus determines reality." We can focus on our economic decline or we can focus on making America great again. Glass half empty or glass half full.

This is not saying we need to ignore and deny the reality that is our current situation. America has survived many disasters (Civil War, Great Depression, WWII, Vietnam, Gas Crisis 1970s style, S&L, Recession 1990s, dot-com bubble burst, 9-11, ENRON, etc.). We have weathered and we will always weather storms. We are the greatest nation in that we come up with the cool inventions and ideas that shape the world.

As long as we stay true to what made us great and focus on bettering ourselves again, we should do just fine. America is an alloy of a hundred different metals; we're comprised of just about every kind of person you can imagine, spanning ethnicities, cultures, races, religions, gender orientations, ages, philosophies, etc. This is our greatest strength, our diversity. You won't find many nations as diverse as ours, and for the most part, we all get along with one another though we may disagree. Yes there are extremists, but unfortunately, EVERY nation has them, and most nations have more than we do.

So, if we pull together and each of us does his/her part to better their own lives in any way they can, honestly, ingeniously, dedeicatedly, we'll pull through this together and be great once again. Focus determines reality. Stop thinking about how bad things are and getting depressed. START making things better. If each of us improved our lives by 2% in some way, it only takes fifty people to realize a 100% shift in the right direction. If millions of us do this, then we'll repeat that 100% shift many, many times over. THAT is what will bring this ship around again to better seas.

And, of course, we may need to declare war upon China and invade ---in order to introduce topple their tyrannical regime and introduce FRRREEEEEEEEDOM to their citizens for the first time in 6,000 years, for they have been shackled in one form or another for a long time.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

(Civil War, Great Depression, WWII, Vietnam, Gas Crisis 1970s style, S&L, Recession 1990s, dot-com bubble burst, 9-11, ENRON, etc.

But one thing your failing to identify is the fact that during the above listed items, we didn't have such an excessive amount of debt, further we didn't have a fed chairman who increased the cash into circulation like we do now. Having the amount of cash from printing presses as we do now doesnt even scratch the surface of the numbers of yesterday.

Further, you suggest that we attack China to implement " Freedom " to their country? Let me ask you, if you live in the US, just how free do you really think you are? Think about that for a moment. Do you think you really are free in the US?

Lastly, do honestly think China is capable of having a free society? Think hard on that one.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Have any of you ever thought about what the end game for America ultimately, -- might be? No trick question, I really truly have been wondering, in regards to those Powers That Be who have been and are directly and helping, turn this nation into a wasteland. Do they intend on just leaving it stripped, a baren dustbowl of 300million desperately impoverished citizens, or do they intend for some different paradigm to sieze power within? The old America I remember as a youngster, is gone. Thats clear. If it's supposed to be part of the global village, well, I look at other countries who'v become so, and they were not laid to waste first.(Well, after World War II.) So what gives? Can we blame China? It -seems- like a good start. Also outsourcing Corporations. But they now have their desperaqte populace, which to set their sweat shops near, HERE. Is something profoundly spiritually evil at the root? I know, I know, I TOO keep hearing MSM shills every day, say that our Supreme Potus deems everything coming up roses, out of the manure of the Depression, and I too, see the extreme opposite, as true, with my own eyes and ears. Very very confusing and strange to me.
And what are all of you going to do, come the next Presidential election? Go racing to the voting booths and put Republicans right back in? Sheeple to the shell-game trough?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by GhostLancer

(Civil War, Great Depression, WWII, Vietnam, Gas Crisis 1970s style, S&L, Recession 1990s, dot-com bubble burst, 9-11, ENRON, etc.

But one thing your failing to identify is the fact that during the above listed items, we didn't have such an excessive amount of debt, further we didn't have a fed chairman who increased the cash into circulation like we do now. Having the amount of cash from printing presses as we do now doesnt even scratch the surface of the numbers of yesterday.

Further, you suggest that we attack China to implement " Freedom " to their country? Let me ask you, if you live in the US, just how free do you really think you are? Think about that for a moment. Do you think you really are free in the US?

Lastly, do honestly think China is capable of having a free society? Think hard on that one.

You make some good points about the differences between past problems and current specifics. However, the specifics of problems will change. They are not equal, you are right. Let's take that comparison further: right now, we aren't rationing pantyhose and rubber, like in WWII. Right now, there aren't lines of thousands at soup kitchens like in the Great Depression; there is hunger, to be sure, as in any country, but not like there was during the Great Depression. Right now, although we currently have three wars, we aren't seeing thousands of Americans coming home in caskets; we simply have not and are not losing the amount of lives in war like we did in Vietnam. Right now, gas may be high, but we don't have shortages like in the 1970s where people were backed-up for a mile or more in line waiting to fuel-up.

There are adversities and specifics to each age's problems, and to that age, their current problems seem to add up to more than any previous age. I'm sure fifty years from now, people will have an entirely new set of problems, and the specifics will be different.

No matter the specifics to current problems, we will overcome IF we do what we do BEST: hunker down, brave the storms, express our ingenuity in every minor and major way we can, and work hard. And, we may need to start a war with China over Taiwan, Tibet and the Siachen (sp) Glacier that borders India and China (who have been at war over that glacier for decades although our media refuses to cover it).

Do realize that I am half-joking about starting a war with China. America, unfortunately (with Afghanistan and Iraq "winding down") needs another semi-major conflict to fuel its military industrial complex, however. Where and when? Where is no certain, but when? "When" is simply SOON.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost.
Barack Obama

new topics

top topics

join