It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Watch April 27-30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I watched this video. Result: it's credible. Another event will happen soon.
www.youtube.com...=167
Hope this thread has not already been posted.

Additional features : 5 notable quakes on this link
earthquake.usgs.gov...
And : Activity Indonesia : double quakes
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

+ 5.7 in Guerreo Mexico

Update : 12 quakes in 24 hours near Taal
www.gmanews.tv...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

What thread?? You mean the link to a video with no opinion or anything along with it?? I am sure that isn't out there already, but this topic might have been talked about in an actual thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Mexico was just hit by a 5 pointer. Nothing major in the scheme of recent outbreaks, but worth a pin in the map.

I have to agree with the above post about the lack of thread subject here. You could have atleast added a little personal insight into your opinion of the subject matter. An image mapping the current trend of quakes... something.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I noticed this guy posts a Volcano/Earthquake watch every few days for a multi-day period. I'm assuming he does this so that when a big one actually hits, he can claim he predicted it.

He could also just be sharing his personal theories via You tube.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see

I noticed this guy posts a Volcano/Earthquake watch every few days for a multi-day period. I'm assuming he does this so that when a big one actually hits, he can claim he predicted it.

He could also just be sharing his personal theories via You tube.

Its called the "ATS Mega-Hero Lottery"... they predict and predict and predict and predict and predict and predict and predict and predict until one day, they get lucky and hope that the get crowned as "the chosen one", a "hero" or "the chosen hero".

When they're wrong, and get rightfully heckled for fear-mongering, they play victim and react as if the hecklers are closed-minded barbarians out to get them. Its an on-going cycle.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

we'll see

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Its called the "ATS Mega-Hero Lottery"... they predict and predict and predict and predict and predict and predict and predict and predict until one day, they get lucky and hope that the get crowned as "the chosen one", a "hero" or "the chosen hero".

Lol excellent description, I feel the same way (disclaimer: I have my own prediction in my signature but it is my 1st one ever and I have done a years worth of research to back it up)

I think there has been an earthquake prediction to half the days of this month.

Isn't it strange, AFTER a major earthquake we get hordes of earthquake predictions. Then when they stop....an earthquake hits

I have a way of dealing with prediction threads: Follow and Flame (after the day has past)

I think a royal wedding FF is more likely than an earthquake IMHO

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Result: it's credible. Another event will happen soon.

Of that you may rest assured. Another event will happen irrespective of this You Tube person and that blog - which is one I would take no notice of as they are very prone to jumping to conclusions, usually erroneous ones. Credible it is not.

There is no proven connection between coronal holes and the earth. There appears to be a connection to CMEs, but when you analyse it (as ATS member muzzy has done) there is insufficient evidence.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Nicely put. I can buy 1 lottery ticket a day myself. Does that mean I win every time? NNNNNope

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Result: it's credible. Another event will happen soon.

Of that you may rest assured. Another event will happen irrespective of this You Tube person and that blog - which is one I would take no notice of as they are very prone to jumping to conclusions, usually erroneous ones. Credible it is not.

There is no proven connection between coronal holes and the earth. There appears to be a connection to CMEs, but when you analyse it (as ATS member muzzy has done) there is insufficient evidence.

Sooo very true. I also think there may be some link between CMEs and seismic activity but I also think that there is not enough data to determine what exactly is the connection (if any). For now, creating prediction threads helps document the theories but as others have pointed out, there are some just throwing darts hoping to be the lucky one to get the prediction. It is like there is a running prediction more often than not.

Those that frequent the quake watch and yellowstone threads have come to know several ATS members, like you PuterMan, that are actually putting thought and science behind any predictions, and predictions by these members are rare at that so when they do happen, I listen.

Someday science will catch up and we will understand the full relationship between the Earth and the sun. There is so much more going on that we are just beginning to understand and I find it fascinating. Once we earn this knowledge, we may be able to then predict when and possibly where conditions will be favorable for seismic activity - that is, if such a correlation exists.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

we'll see

We sure will won't we?

I'm getting my Flame-thrower ready

I like the 0 flags everyone! people are finally learning not to give predictions credence, especially something as sporadic as huge earthquakes

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Let's move it to the HOAX forum!

Latouffe, your a fear-mongering #, learn not to try to predict things, make you look foolish

That flaming was well-deserved

new topics

top topics

join