It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So i read the thread where wiki leaks released documents proving that the Government was in fact holding innocent people in Guantanamo based on basically nothing. Well i showed my father this, because for years now i have told him that American was doing this and every time he would reply " no not my government, we're all about freedom not taking it away." so when he read this he messages me and says "proves we should have killed them as soon as we saw them that way theres no need to investigate"

The other day i'm at the bar with a buddy and a middle eastern fellow walks in, as soon as my buddy see's him he says "shoulda killed him to" "what? why do you say that" " because he's muslim. All them muslims are responsible for that war and 9/11." i just shook my head in utter shock.

Is this really the way the majority of Americans feel? I gave only 2 examples i know but i have many others and i'm at work so time is against me.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

Is there a question in all of this?? Is the thread about racism?? I am trying to gather a response and have no idea what to say because there is no real question or proof here for anything.....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

All Americans? Nope. Since I, and many other Americans, don't feel that way in the slightest, the answer to your question would be a resounding "NO"...

There is a loud minority who do feel that way though... Do remember though, that the operative word is "minority".

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Brainwashing by the MSM and christian community has a lot to do with it.

That's why I don't listen to the talking heads anymore...from either sector.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

Ignorance, arrogance & stupidity. Yes that sums up the majority of average people in my land too.

Like a horse with blinkers, refuse to look at the truth, even when shown can only say we should kill them.
Typical Smeg Heads.

edit on 26-4-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blair56

Is this really the way the majority of Americans feel?

I don't know about a majority, but there are definitely a lot of people that will group all Muslims or even Arab-looking people together and label them as terrorists. People in the South US come to mind. It would be akin to a white Christian performing an act of terrorism and then labeling all white Christian as terrorists.

You can't place all the blame on these shallow-thinkers, though -- the mainstream media has constantly bombarded them to believe such a thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Some are more susceptible than others to brain washing, manipulation, programing. I don't know for sure if it has to do with pineal gland connections or not, but evidence seems to support that theory.
It's definitely more than half of Americans are this ignorant, and the gov't is working diligently to either convert the non believers, or put them in jail for anything they can think of.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
can you say big brother and the influence that is unknown to most? or totalitarian society here we come? yeah, i would have to say the general public are quite addicted to their biased news and the untruth that they hear...
a country of sheeple...
*please be advised: this does not apply to the majority of ATS members*

listen to the words you say, do not listen to a word you've heard -justin nozuka

edit on 26-4-2011 by schitzoandro because: spelling

edit on 26-4-2011 by schitzoandro because: add

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Are you serious? You sound just like the people this post is made about, labeling a few nut jobs and then grouping them all togther.

Originally posted by ridyzz
People in the South US come to mind.

Samething again. I hate to tell you this but people on the East,West coast and up North are just as bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Let me play devils advocate here:

Would the planet, and therefore its inhabitants not be better off if we simply eliminated all religious people?

I firmly believe so.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

Is this really the way the majority of Americans feel?

i think most people are simply tired of the entitlements that these " muslims " claim they deserve, which is why I think most Americans are fed up with the mussies?
edit on 26-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oklastatefan

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Are you serious? You sound just like the people this post is made about, labeling a few nut jobs and then grouping them all togther.

I know huh.
I read it that way as well. Attempting to point out and discredit one bad generalization while using another bad generalization to support an argument...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
Let me play devils advocate here:

Would the planet, and therefore its inhabitants not be better off if we simply eliminated all religious people?

I firmly believe so.

Come on man. Eliminate RELIGIONS, which in turn will save the people, spiritually & psychologically, then physically when the rest of their heads are back on straight.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Viper does make a good point. I mean, religions have been the cause of more famine, plagues and war than anything else in history. Eradicate the religions, and problem solved.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I agree with you, but he said eliminate religious "people", which doesn't solve the core problem, just the infected organisms. The cause of their delusions still remains and will infect further generations.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
...and eliminating religion will fix all these problems how?

It's not belief in and of itself... It's the use that these beliefs are put to by unscrupulous leaders. Do y'all not see the difference? Don't blame the religion, of whatever sort, blame the leaders and their flocks. ...and, oh by the bye, so called non religious folks have killed more than their fair share of people in the 20th century as well.

You may recognize the names? Stalin. Mao. Pol Pot. The list is as endless as it is horrifying.

The problem is this constant, seemingly never ending need for people to find someone, anyone...to blame for their misfortunes.

Muslims. Jews. Christians. Gays. Straights. Orientals. Caucasians.

Do I need to go on? Stereotyping does no one any favors, nor does it help solve the problem.

top topics

join