It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sleep Paralysis encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well, that's what I'm calling it because I just don't have another name for it. This has happened off and on all of my life to some degree, but some being more vivid than others. Just the other night I was drifting off to sleep and started to dream. I was in some sort of conference room with leather chairs, dark wood panel siding, and dark oak book cases filled with books. In this room, I was talking with a man. Well, mid conversation the mans eyes turn a semi-bright glowing red and they turned to me with great focus, I had the sensation of being "caught" like an animal would when trapped in the wild.

Now, I have had this same feeling many times before, and have even learned somehow to fight it naturally during my sleep, but this encounter felt like it was from a stronger source than ever before. Even though this force was the strongest one I have ever felt and I was in a bit of a panic to say the least, in my dream, I reminded myself that above all I was stronger than this force and to fight like I always have. Again, I want to stress just how powerful and intimidating this force was in this particular dream, it was really alarming.

Next, this is where I get into the physical and paranormal side of this/these encounters. Just after talking with myself in my dream state I begin to fight, and when I say fight I mean wake up. My breathing was a bit labored and deep, my eyelids seems impossible to raise even with my best effort, I wanted to yell but had no voice, and my right hand was shaking violently from my will of wanting to break free from this force. At this point, it is no longer a dream state, but me fighting to breath normally, open my eyes, and regain control of my limbs. I could only manage to get my eyelids open just a peek, and this was with all my might. I did see something moving around, but honestly I couldn't begin to speculate on what it was.

However, what ended this ever so quickly as it started is just as interesting as the rest of it. It was a rune, a symbol, a drawing. This is not the first time that the rune has ended one of these encounters, and I believe they are different shaped, but they definitely seem to end the encounter and give me back control of my physical body. Now I can't draw on paper exactly what this rune looked like, being that it flashed so quickly, but I can tell you it had a whitish glow to it, with the inside of it being the colors of a rainbow. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the other runes I have viewed in different encounters have been purplish. but this one I am discussing was more vivid and easier to remember than the others.

I actually saw this rune just after I managed to get a small peek, as if I was squinting except I was trying with all my might to open my eyelids, so I don't know if I saw the symbol in front of me or in my mind, but it definitely broke the encounter and gave me back control. I have to say, after having such a struggle with such a powerful force only for it to end abruptly and me looking around in my peaceful room as if nothing happened is relieving and eerie at the same time.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

You summed it up in your thread title. Sleep Paralysis is a well documented illness from which I myself have suffered from, I see images, symbols....flashes of things, sometimes horrific imagery, sometimes muted, given my penchant for browsing ATS, horror movies, and my job I do see some pretty awful things during my episodes.

There is nothing paranormal about it, the only thing acting up is your sub-conscious, back when our understanding of such things was limited they referred to them as night hags...visitations from evil creatures.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I used to have problems with sleep paralysis in my late teens and early 20's. I too saw a type of "conference" room with men sitting at a table shaking hands, it was like a portal opened up in front of my eyes. Then shortly after it dissipated i broke free from it, i was terrified.

Another instance i was trying to go to sleep when suddenly my whole room lit up with a white glow, i was paralyzed, and i noticed to my right there was a ball of light that was yellowish and white about a foot from me. The incident only lasted a few moments, unable to scream or move was the most terrifying part.

I wonder if other sufferers see conference rooms or men at tables?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have experienced sleep paralysis increasingly over the past 10 years. I was once someone who would quickly write it off as easily explained just because any other explanation would not prescribe to what we widely accept as "reality." I am not so sure about it anymore.

I have never had an episode of sleep paralysis that didn't allow me to open my eyes, which means I've always been able to at least feel comforted in my own bed during episodes. However, dreams or "visions" have transferred over into my reality. It is understood that this happens because the brain thinks you are still dreaming, so it projects these dream images into your reality.

Sleep paralysis is responsible for my having learned to lucid dream. That I know for sure.

I also think sleep paralysis proved we have a consciousness that is separate from our bodies. I don't know if I would call it a spirit or what. But many times I have seen frightening visions during sleep paralysis, and I have tried with all my might to wake up. During a few specific times when I have tried to wake up from this condition, I try flailing my arms with such might I have felt my arms split from themselves. I don't know if I am making this clear and I will surely answer any questions about it, but the best word I can think of to describe the way I felt was... divided.

So, as an adult now, I am beginning to think sleep paralysis might not be so easily explained through science. If I had to guess, I'd say I was able to achieve outer body experiences when I attempted to escape sleep paralysis. I am not sure why, or what it means, but I am certainly interested in hearing more personal stories about this condition.

And for the record, I have never seen a conference room during sleep paralysis. I have seen beings, faces, shapes, colors, objects, and changes in my every day environment.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Angelaisaac because: formatting didn't work, lol

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

Back when our understanding of things were limited?
Hypnagogic paralysis or sleep paralysis is sciences terminology for these varying types of encounters. I can assure you todays so called experts have little understanding of such matters. My family and i have numerous encounters we regularly discuss and one thing we all agree on is, during these episodes we are not asleep at all.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would also NEVER call sleep paralysis an illness. It is an experience. If you aren't open to what you are being shown, you will be too frightened to progress. I have a feeling it can lead to a better understanding of ourselves if we are open to it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelaisaac

I also agree that sleep paralysis leads to lucid dreaming. Once you learn how to control the paralysis the next step is you can also control your dreams. I'm not talking about dictating that you will dream certain scenarios. But you will be able to take control in your dreams because you are aware that you are dreaming.

The next steps will be OBEs and astral traveling.

I'll also add that I've never experienced anything truly evil with any of this. I was more afraid of the process itself than the experience.
edit on 14-5-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

I spent many years fearing sleep because of sleep paralysis. When I was very young I thought it was a demon trying to get me and as I moved into my teens and twenties I thought it was aliens. I tried explaining it to my parents who thought I was just dreaming. It wasn't until I was well into my twenties that I found other people who had these experiences. One brother and one friend. It was life changing. Just knowing I wasn't crazy and that other people had these experiences made them a lot less terrifying. Back then there was no or limited internet, few people had it, so searching for a community wasn't an option. I got on with life but with sleep always came fear. I sure didn't get the sleep I needed and I wonder how much better I may have done in school and work had I not had that fear every night that kept me up.

What the sleep paralysis has done for me though, has taught me to question everything. When I believed it was aliens I started searching for answers, which led me to others with alternative beliefs. It has been a long time since I have blindly accepted what has been taught and told to me. Sleep paralysis took my innocence and my naivety, but left me worldly and a little smarter.

As I have grown older, I have either outgrown the condition or perhaps the aliens are done with me

Although I do not believe it was alien abduction, there were some odd side effects of the S.P.
- I once woke up with cube-type pin prick scabs on my arm (like a soduko without the numbers lol)
- I am very uncomfortable with clicking noises as they accompanied my S.P.

No conference rooms though, but I will ask my bro

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Thank you. I suspected it led to those things, but I do not know anyone else who has these experiences so I was not sure.

I also never felt anything I would describe "evil," but I have seen or experienced things that have frightened me.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Ok I’m not sure I want to share this as it to me is just as weird and un-normal,
and the whole thing has baffled me for years .. Sleep Paralysis is what most would say I experienced .

I disagree with that due the facts of how it happened .. I went to bed at about 11pm it generally takes me about an hour to really start falling asleep and that depends on how tired I am. it was in the summer of 1999 I believe it was July very warm out had my windows open of course I had screens. But I had a bed in the living room so that’s where I was.

Ok normally I wake in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and that is around 3 am . Moving forward to what happened I was not really sound to sleep I was just like in a waking up stage and all of a sudden I could not move and when I opened up my eyes

There was a green ET kneeling at my bedside with his hand circulating over my stomach area I don’t think he actually had his hand on my body but it was like 4 inches above my body it was like he was doing some type of X-ray ,, like he was looking at my insides organs an such,,

OK if that isn’t strange enough and still I cant move I’m frozen and my eyes felt like wide open here comes another ET this time it is a grey both had big black oval eyes the green one seemed almost translucent .both were about the same hieght about 3-4ft both very slender and longer neck than ours , the grey one looded just like the greys you see described online

Anyways the grey ET seemed very upset that this other ET was doing this and he told hi to leave they both got into this battle and the grey succeeded in chasing him off and through mental telepathy told me id be ok now that everything would be alright and then he left .. so my question is if this is sleep paralysis then why was i able to se and hear him and describe his every detail and yet it was two ET's .. open to anyone who has had similar experience or comments

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
When the man looks at you, just stare him back.

Basically, the fear you experience is finally seeing the eye of the controller. He is not real, remind yourself of that fact before sleeping, see it for what it is, a pathetic attempt to control you, designed by someone who simply wanted the last laugh.
edit on 15-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

In fact, although I should not tell anyone this, "he" is actually an immitation of the real eye that exists behind him, you could say the engineers found evidence of a designer, and tried to immitate the true eloquence of the universe, or simply, superior designers. One was "manifested", the other was "engineered".

The unmodified self exists within you as well, and exists behind both eyes, something that was designed as a "vehicle" for higher spirits, that was hybridised with creatures evolving naturally on the regular plane of existence.

It has basically become an evil, like a machine that is tampering with the very fabric of creation itself.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

In terms of sharing your experience, I saw about 3/4 of it before I turned away in an almost absolute sense of terror, however, upon contemplation, I laughed hysterically at the irony. I can assure you of this: Even the highest state of mind possible through the "vehicle" is not a path to being like the original "inhabitants" - in fact, it will only make your natural self suffer as it tries to absorb your energy. Those that have been able to take the position of the "pilot" are generally in an incredibly dark state or have become a smaller soul than what they would have been without the tampering to thier DNA.

It was just that the natural humans and the "vehicles" were remarkably similar to each other, a conincidence really.

See the movie "surrogates" if you want to understand what I am getting at.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I know that darkness is in the lower realms and that it did concern me; These two beings or the one that was evil an the other not so evil then slipped in to the lower realm where my unconscious mind was at the time.

Well after I posted this , I thought geese whoever reads this for one does not know any of my spiritual beliefs or where my head is on these experiences so to speak..

I was lying on the couch afterwards debating on weather to start a thread titled
"Could it be possible you inherit your parents spiritual beliefs an abilities"

As I have a Native mother which believed in traditional native beliefs, and a father who was a spiritualist and healer physic.

Well I can understand you laughing as this was totally a bizarre !!! The experience itself out all my life’s dreams or experiences was in fact a bit funny to me too, now that I look back on it,
Thanks for your input

I do understand what your saying and I have tried to control my unconscious state so that I do not have this type of reoccurring experience .

I even have considered how my life was going at that time .. I was not over drinking or using drugs I was going to college every day at that time .. so this just came out of nowhere.

I will look to watch that movie .. Just trying to understand more about this is all I think now I have a more better view on what does or can happen. Although I don’t think we can control everything that happens.
edit on 15-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: adding more

thanks for your insight SystemResistor

edit on 15-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: inserted a thanks

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Had this many years ago. I was laying on my chest one night as I woke up and couldn't move. I had this before, but this time I felt someone breathing in my neck. I panicked but couldn't move. Suddenly I felt that I was penetrated. It was traumatic. I was fighting to move my head to look behind me. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. After a while I could turn my head just a little and what I saw can only be discribed as the devil himself. I can't tell you how scared I was and as I managed to turn my shoulders I felt it was pulled out of me. His eyes looked at me with so much anger before he pulled off and disapeared right in front of me.I've had a long time of sleeping problems after that. Affraid it would come back.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

edit on 15-5-2011 by sonam because: Double entry

new topics

top topics

join