It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steytlerville 'monster' strikes again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Steytlerville 'monster' strikes again

www.news24.com

Johannesburg - A ‘monster’ plaguing the sleepy Karoo town of Steytlerville struck again over the Easter weekend, Eastern Cape police said on Monday.

Another two sightings of the "shape-shifting creature" were reported on Sunday evening, said Warrant Officer Zandisile Nelani .

“Two men were walking near a tavern when they saw another man wearing a black jacket. One of the men, identified only as Nozipho, went up to the stranger and asked him, “What is your problem?” said Nelani.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here is a intriguing story from a South African news channel about a mysterious shape shifting monster alleged to be on the prowl in the Steytlerville area there with multiple sightings in the past month.

The most recent over the Easter Weekend in another bizarre occurrence after the ‘monster’ first appeared at, and harassed two different funeral parties a month ago.

Local police are attempting to work with concerned groups of citizens who have spotted it but for now details remain sketchy.

Shape shifting monster, reptilian, hologram or elaborate costume or mass hysteria, police have asked concerned citizens to get a picture of it, which so far has led to only one person who claims they snapped a picture of it sleeping only to have the image of the sleeping man turn into a animal within the Picture.

Seems like a story straight out of the X-Files.

www.news24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry, this could be a case for Mulder and Scully!!

Wow, seems like things are creeping people out down there. I wonder if somebody will be able to get a picture or is it one of these things that stems from some sort of folklore?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Somebody call Josh Gates....

2nd

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this, from the first sighting.

Not bashing, just trying to get all the info into one thread.

Steytlerville monster terrorises South African Town

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It says there was a picture taken.
Can anyone locate it and post it for us to see??

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

Then the new ATS search function does not work very well as I used Steytlerville and Steylerville monster as key words in the search box.

Chances are though a new sighting a month later in a fresh story qualifies for a new thread in alternative breaking news.

Anyway while the staff makes that decision do feel free to share with this thread now being exposed on the boards any information you think might be relevent.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah... Pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
It says there was a picture taken.
Can anyone locate it and post it for us to see??

The 'picture' according to the article was originally taken of a sleeping man under a tree that when developed supposedly had somehow turned into a dog.

It seems the picture was taken for the police at their request who probably laughed when what they were told was a man, turned out to be a dog, and promptly filed it in file 13.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Then the new ATS search function does not work very well as I used Steytlerville and Steylerville monster as key words in the search box.

Chances are though a new sighting a month later in a fresh story qualifies for a new thread in alternative breaking news.

It is not broken, the name Steytlerville is never mentioned in the original thread. I did a search for "shape shifting monster south africa" and it came up. In any case, I agree.. second sighting a month later merits a second thread with a reference back to the original.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

And so it was that everything prior to the Civil War in America and the invention of the Camera was striken from history for lack of pictures.

As the nation and the world approaches year 144 AC, (after camera) it still struggles to define itself having come to realize that all pre zero year history never happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Thats a shame.
It would have been interesting to see that pic.
I would have liked to have a look at the alleged weird animal that showed up.
Ah well.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It is not broken, the name Steytlerville is never mentioned in the original thread. I did a search for "shape shifting monster south africa" and it came up. In any case, I agree.. second sighting a month later merits a second thread with a reference back to the original.

Well thanks to an observant member we have that link back to the original thread from the first sighting a month ago.

So what's your take based on this story, drunken men leaving a pub in the dead of the night after a month of local gossip imagining they saw something too, or do you think it might be real?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Thats not exactly where i was going with that.
I just wanted to see the pic....nothing wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Thats a shame.
It would have been interesting to see that pic.
I would have liked to have a look at the alleged weird animal that showed up.
Ah well.

I would too, and I normally wouldn't think much of a story like this if it weren't for the fact that a local news station was running it as a genuine occurence. That is not to say the monster exists, just that enough people in the local community believe it does to have warranted a main stream news mention.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Hey here is another good question for you, if there are no pictures of the man inventing the first camera, can we even be sure the camera exists?

How could it if we don't have pictures of it being invented?

I am so confused now.

Hunka could you bring back your mini-van avatar picture of you driving so we at least can rest assured you exist?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sure it was conjured up by a Sangoma (witchdocter). They can call a Tokalosh demon to terrorise enamies, then they can call a shape shifting demon.
Would love to see the photo though.
All I'm saying is, that it could be very real! Then again, some home brewed alcoholic concoction might be the culprit!Lol

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by madleo

Thanks for the local occult lore, but so far the 'monster' hasn't hurt or attacked anyone, don't demons typically rip you from limb to limb tearing you apart inside out, so you have to have a closed casket funeral and your greatest rock band of all time vows to never play again as Led Zepellin out of respect to you?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Shape shifters are actually a common occurrence and appear in many locals. Stories of shape shifting beings are very common here in the American South West.

animal.discovery.com...

Among my native American friends they are a real concern and I believe I have encountered one.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Shape shifters are actually a common occurrence and appear in many locals. Stories of shape shifting beings are very common here in the American South West.

animal.discovery.com...

Among my native American friends they are a real concern and I believe I have encountered one.

I believe I encountered one once too. She started out as a size 2 and 5 babies and 10 years later she was a size 10!

Scary, to say the least.

Can you tell us about your experiences?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join