It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Takes First Step To Weaponize Space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think your right slank lasers are going to be the weapon of choice in Space. But what about something like a rail gun would that work good in space or would it have the same Problems as say a missile.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Im not certain but i think it's Newton's law again, you push something forward , you get pushed back. Space is slippery stuff.

Here's something to give you hope, perhaps someday they will be able to grip the spinfoam of empty space. Imagine being able to walk on space. You might be able to climb up out of the Earth's gravity field (but it would be a darn long climb). At that point inertia wouldn't be a problem. You could grip space and pound away at an adversary.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Intresting what russian have on orbit?

Russian launch 8 Energies in space, if i am right one with buran:

Quation is what carry 7 energies.

It can carry 100 tones on low orbit and 20,5 on Geostationary orbit.

Also on paper russia have new rocket Vulkan:
low orbit 200 tonnes
Geostationary orbit 41 tonnes

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
In response to your thread question, Russia a few months ago declared they had the ability to disable any type of missile, without exception. Add to that the electro-magnetic disrupting type of technology currently purported to be available to China and Russia, and the space weaponry is rendered useless.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

believe that no one will really be able to own space, mainly because I believe when we get to the point of major space projects and exploration, that the world will unify under one global government.

Wow you are really hopeful all these conflicts we have now everyone hates everybody its not going to happen. The US Russia and China wont like having one government and all of the communist states wont agree, it will never happen.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

Well not until the NWO gets its act tougher .

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Space...The final Frontier.....to boldy weaponize were no man has weaponized before.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I heard they were going to put a giant mirror in space to vaporize stuff and destroy missiles, or maybe that was a crappy movie.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I was thinking if they had the ability to focus/intersect some form of beam or EMR from several distinct points in space they might be able to come up with some interesting effects. Localized distortion fields or something. Perhaps create some incredible point focus wave peak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join